PDA

View Full Version : AIR BUS A320 crash in france revisited

cuznjohn
04-02-2015, 04:15 AM
starting this post to see what you people think. they are now saying that they found several sd cards from cell phones and some of the people recorded the last moments on the plane b4 the crash. the media wants the tapes released so they can show the last minutes and the people screaming.

would you like to see the tapes, or do you think they should be used only for any information regarding the crash and be kept under wraps. i personally would like to see them BUT my heart tells me it would be very hard for the family's to see any of their loved ones who might be screaming and suffering during the downward decent. WHAT DO YOU THINK

vided
04-02-2015, 04:40 AM
why release them, so we can see the horror and turmoil and the moment these people were killed.
i'll pass on seeing them

MisterP
04-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Accident investigation in the US is different than the rest of the world. US investigations managed by the NTSB are held confidential, and cockpit voice recordings are never released. Only transcripts are available after a time.

The rest of the world treats the cockpit data as public information, and in Europe the recordings are released at some point, though I don't know if there is any delay in doing so during an investigation.

So there is already precedent for having recordings released, whether people want to hear them or not. And, I don't think relatives can claim the recordings are private in this type of crash. Particularly if there is a crime investigation. But that's my opinion, and I am not an attorney.

I have no interest in hearing any recordings prior to the crash.

mowin
04-02-2015, 05:56 AM
If it was my family member, I guess I would like to here there last words. Thankfully, I'm not in that position to have to make that choice.
That said, I don't want or need to here the recordings of others.

MarkLawson
04-02-2015, 06:33 AM
About 10 years ago, I made the mistake of watching the first terrorist video of the beheading of the U.S. reporter. I'll never forget it & wish that I could. I have not watched one since.

Like many, I'm certain that I do not need nor want to listen to or watch any of the recordings they have of the plane crash.

vided
04-02-2015, 06:53 AM
About 10 years ago, I made the mistake of watching the first terrorist video of the beheading of the U.S. reporter. I'll never forget it & wish that I could. I have not watched one since.

Like many, I'm certain that I do not need nor want to listen to or watch any of the recordings they have of the plane crash.

i watch that video also, his screaming is still in my head, pure horror

aeroshots
04-02-2015, 07:00 AM
In making decisions or taking serious actions, I attempt to always ask myself "what good comes from the action"?

GOOD, adjective. 1. morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious:
2. satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree:
3. of high quality; excellent.
4. right; proper; fit:
5. well-behaved:
6. kind, beneficent, or friendly:
7. honorable or worthy; in good standing:

Without me saying, I think my answer to the question is clear.

Bob Denman
04-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Listening to the horrors recorded by the victims would serve no useful purpose...

...other than to grab headlines for the media outlets. :banghead:

I'd pass...

PrairieSpyder
04-02-2015, 08:41 AM
:agree:

Chupaca
04-02-2015, 09:33 AM
You want to see things like that go to the movies. No good can come from posting it to social media...they will twist it use it...:lecturef_smilie:

jaherbst
04-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Listening to the horrors recorded by the victims would serve no useful purpose...

...other than to grab headlines for the media outlets. :banghead:

I'd pass...

I totally agree.

Jack

cognaccruiser
04-02-2015, 10:04 AM
I totally agree.

Jack

Ditto. No interest in seeing an others last moments or giving media access.

Gary

Cez
04-02-2015, 10:52 AM
I bet that no one in that plane would wish to share that.
Out of dignity for people who died, this material should be kept confidential.

DLewis
04-02-2015, 01:14 PM

:agree::agree:
You took the EXACT works outta my mouth!! Cannot forget that video, no matter how hard I try. NEVER AGAIN!:yikes:

ARtraveler
04-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I am also in the camp where the videos should remain private. I see no advantage to publishing the videos.

bruiser
04-02-2015, 04:31 PM
As a combat vet, a former aircraft/ground accident investigator and firefighter/emt, I've seen and heard enough. And I still hear and see some of it. No, I don't want to hear these recordings.

dlby
04-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Oh yes
Lets give crazyness & terrorists & sickness more street cred@$!#

Hell bring popcorn

The stupidity of these times freaks me out

I KNOW its out there
I Know it needs dealt with & investigated

I Dont even watch the three hour discussions of it on 14 news channels any more ( admitt i used to )

Let those poor families find their way throug this