PDA

View Full Version : RS in shop

tobor9
04-01-2015, 08:26 PM
I had my RS serviced a few weeks ago(30k)and was told that there was a minor oil seepage at the oil pump shaft and to watch my oil level. today I had to ride to Dr.and on the way the RS started not shifting,I was stuck in 1st to office,got home and as I pulled in I saw a stain on floor,stopped and checked,it was oil,lots of it. Called Volicity and they picked it up,hoping the tech messed up the oil change and not oil pump or something,glade I have Ext warranty . will keep you posted.

DrewNJ
04-01-2015, 08:29 PM
If you have an oil leak at the shaft/water pump case seal it would be more noticeable when riding, not sitting.
The oil is "slung" around that area, not pressurized or sitting there when parked.
Good luck!

ARtraveler
04-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Please keep us in the loop. Glad you have the extended warranty. :thumbup:

Chupaca
04-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Strange that they didn't fix while they had it (with your permission). Checking your oil is SOP. If you lost enough oil to cause shifting problems it is more than seepage...do hope it is a minor repair...:thumbup:

tobor9
04-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Well called the shop today and it was leaking from oil filter "O" ring,since they did the oil change i'm not expecting any charges for the replacment "O" ring and topping off the oil,just hope it did not cause any ware or other damage from the low oil as i had to ryde it a short distance to and from the Dr office(did not start giving me trouble till half way there)