PDA

View Full Version : doulgas adams quote: So lomg and thanks for the fish

RodMyers
03-31-2015, 09:12 PM
After having my 2012 SE5 in the shop for most of last year, and code again 2 weekends ago. I traded it in on another factory built trike. Not another spyder, really gun shy at the moment.

My account will stay here, and I have the notifications set to email me.

I truly enjoyed riding the spyder, when it ran, but time to move in a different direction.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/freewheeler.html

Chupaca
03-31-2015, 10:36 PM
But really..!! No picture of your new ryde..?? :gaah: You know your welcome to hang with us any time and who knows we may be able to help you still. We all came from somewhere else and the accumulated knowledge here is vast...enjoy the new ryde but keep in touch...:2thumbs:

MouthPiece
04-01-2015, 05:54 AM
I'm not sure (no I know I wouldn't) I would have waited "almost a year" to make your switch. If my spyder could not have been made right within at least two months (and I'm not sure I would have waited that long), I would have been long gone.

Chris

RodMyers
04-01-2015, 06:08 AM
But really..!! No picture of your new ryde..?? :gaah: You know your welcome to hang with us any time and who knows we may be able to help you still. We all came from somewhere else and the accumulated knowledge here is vast...enjoy the new ryde but keep in touch...:2thumbs:

Not at the local dealer. being transferred this week.

RodMyers
04-01-2015, 06:11 AM
I'm not sure (no I know I wouldn't) I would have waited "almost a year" to make your switch. If my spyder could not have been made right within at least two months (and I'm not sure I would have waited that long), I would have been long gone.

Chris

If it were a mechanical issue, I would have.

All electronic issues. intermittent. one day it would "limp home", and then run for weeks.

BRP mothership took their sweet easy time in authorizing the replacement of a $1500.00 cpu/module.

2 weeks ago it coded (limp home home) in the middle of a PGR mission

Orange Spyder Man
04-01-2015, 08:01 AM
I don't blame ya ...a little too many of these horror stories about BRP ... kinda makes me wonder...

osm

Bob Denman
04-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Here's to hoping that you find happiness and good riding! :cheers:
And you'll always be family to us! :D nojoke

RodMyers
04-01-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm still "p.o.'d" lamont left east TN. ;-)

Thank you Bob and the rest of the gang

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
04-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your issues with the 2012 RT SE5. I would be in the same place if electronic issues persisted.

The 2012 RT has come up as the best of the 998 two cylinder RT's. Sorry that you got a "bad" one.

Enjoy your new ride. :yes::yes:

joebryanjr
04-01-2015, 01:22 PM
If it were a mechanical issue, I would have.

All electronic issues. intermittent. one day it would "limp home", and then run for weeks.

BRP mothership took their sweet easy time in authorizing the replacement of a $1500.00 cpu/module.

2 weeks ago it coded (limp home home) in the middle of a PGR mission

A question. Had you dane a lot of mods, lights, CAT removal, Air box, etc?

spydaman60
04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
congrats on the new ride. show us some pics when you get it home!! good luck with the new one. :thumbup:

RodMyers
04-01-2015, 08:18 PM
A question. Had you dane a lot of mods, lights, CAT removal, Air box, etc?

None of those mods. Sway bar, bump skid, windshield, seat (non heated), and floor boards

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk