PDA

View Full Version : Spyder F3S Tuning/Turbo

Nemesis
03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
Hey SpyderLovers! I purchased my Spyder F3S nearly 2 weeks ago. I am loving it!

I also want to get the most out of this Spyder. Have any of you looked into dyno tuning or other performance upgrades?

Tom in NM
03-31-2015, 03:49 PM
. . . . . and don't have any need to try and squeeze anything more out of it. Maybe if I was going to Bonneville Salt Flats . . . .

Tom

Chupaca
03-31-2015, 04:06 PM
that engine is about a year or so old and have not seen more than pipes and filters for it. I am sure there are those looking into it the twin did have some turbos added but the big issue are the computers and safety features getting in the way...:thumbup:

otter28169
03-31-2015, 07:51 PM
You will probably be beaten senseless with safety lectures, but seeing as this is a rotax engine you can always try their racing page. Aprillia uses the 990, but I am not certain they use the 1330. I believe the sea-doo 1330's have a turbo option, but I am no authority on that. Just gotta do your research. Don't let people get you down though, you are not alone. Good Luck, and let us know what you find.

Just sayin'............

SPYD3R
03-31-2015, 08:04 PM
CAN AM makes the off-road 4 wheelers, and they have a 'turbo' on them.... i asked my dealer if it would be possible to put that turbo on my new F3-S.... they said that they would look into it for me.... I haven't heard anything back as of this date....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S

Nemesis
03-31-2015, 11:36 PM
CAN AM makes the off-road 4 wheelers, and they have a 'turbo' on them.... i asked my dealer if it would be possible to put that turbo on my new F3-S.... they said that they would look into it for me.... I haven't heard anything back as of this date....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S

Let us know if you get an answer. I'd love to see what a turbo could do for the F3S! :) I contacted Dynojet and they have not developed any tuning solutions for the F3S yet. If they do I will probably get a power commander and autotune and go from there.

Nemesis
04-16-2015, 10:21 PM
I still haven't found any information about performance upgrades. Have any of you heard anything new?

Wildrice
05-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Hey SpyderLovers! I purchased my Spyder F3S nearly 2 weeks ago. I am loving it!

I also want to get the most out of this Spyder. Have any of you looked into dyno tuning or other performance upgrades?

www.monsterfuelinjection.com has a Stage 2 upgrade that really makes a difference. You will need to send them your ECU & airbox top lid. They re-program the ECU & modify the airbox lid for greater airflow & their re-flash the ECU parameters really make a significant power upgrade.
Darrell