PDA

View Full Version : Handicap Stickers

Vader
03-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Having suffered a TBI in 2001, I was sure my riding days were over..but not so. I decided to order 2 vinyl handicap stickers to attach to my helmet and rear fender. When I park, I can display my plaque in an plexiglass holder I made. I secure it through the arm of the mirror.
I had mixed feelings about the stickers. Not sure if I will leave them on or not. On one hand, some say it will make me a target. Other say I should get a break and maybe even be a conversation starter with those that may not understand my injury, which would be great.
Any thoughts?

Cruzr Joe
03-30-2015, 01:23 PM
I have a few friends who have handicap license plates on their Spyders. They have never had any problems that i am aware of, don't think i would put one on my helmet though.

Cruzr Joe

Dan McNally
03-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Display and use your Handicap plaque . . . you are entitled to it. If people use them one their cars why shouldn't you use one on your Spyder?

MisterP
03-30-2015, 01:54 PM
We have a wheelchair plate on the Fat White Chick. Since I normally back into parking spaces, I expect sooner or later we can expect a comment from someone who can't be bothered to look at the plate if we park in a wheelchair space. I will politely suggest they walk to the back, look at the plate, then go bother someone else.

The only time a sticker might be useful is if we ride to a public event where there are parking attendants. I have to keep stopping to request handicapped parking. It's a minor inconvenience.

Down here in Floriduh, it's hard to even find spaces during snowbird season. We usually take whatever we can get.

Chupaca
03-30-2015, 02:11 PM
if you don't have the license plate type but have the hanging type what you are doing is good. Don't know about the helmet one but the fender one is good....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-30-2015, 03:06 PM
No HC plates for motorcycles in Alaska. I have a hang tag. Put it in a plastic bag and clamp it to my windshield with a couple clothes pins.

No problem with theft of tag. Got a nasty note once. The guy was waiting in his pick up truck for me to come back to my :spyder2:. When he saw me bent over and limping, he did not say much. I waved "hi" to him.

I knew who it was as I saw him finishing up the note when I was exiting the store.

The man was self appointed HC enforcement. He had no HC plate or tag that I saw.

jaherbst
03-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Not sure if you actually have a legal handycap sticker or if you just bought some stickers? Did you have a Doctor sign a form to take to the DMV and get the placard or plate. If you did this you are perfectly legal. If you just sent off for some handicap stickers you are not legal. Your post says you sent off for two handycap stickers. If you did this on your own and are parking in the handycap zones you are in violation of your states laws and could be liable for a very large fine. Legal placards have a state number with an expiration date on them and are issued by the state with a Doctors form on file.

What is a TBI?

I have handycap license plates on all my vehicles including my Spyder.

Jack

Vader
03-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Having the plaque and holder is good when I park. If I back into a spot, it can be easily displayed and seen.

I went on a ride today after affixing the stickers to the helmet and fender. While in the right lane of a parkway, I noticed a real nice chopper approaching in the left lane.. He actually slowed, and being he had a peanut helmet I was able to hear him, over both our exhausts, "Good for you!".

ARtraveler
03-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Not sure if you actually have a legal handycap sticker or if you just bought some stickers? Did you have a Doctor sign a form to take to the DMV and get the placard or plate. If you did this you are perfectly legal. If you just sent off for some handicap stickers you are not leagal. Your post says you sent off for two handycap stickers. If you did this on your own and are parking in the handycap zones you are in violation of your states laws and could be liable for a very large fine.

What is a TBI?

Jack

Good point about legalities. Here, a doctors authorization is required. The HC plates for cars are special for AK. The hang tags are the "universal" state versions, with an expiration date printed on them. I had no problem using my AK tag when I was in HI and SD though.

Scoot2Mtns
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
What is a TBI?

Jack

Traumatic Brain Injury - often has similar symptoms to a stroke.

Vader
03-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Not sure if you actually have a legal handycap sticker or if you just bought some stickers? Did you have a Doctor sign a form to take to the DMV and get the placard or plate. If you did this you are perfectly legal. If you just sent off for some handicap stickers you are not legal. Your post says you sent off for two handycap stickers. If you did this on your own and are parking in the handycap zones you are in violation of your states laws and could be liable for a very large fine. Legal placards have a state number with an expiration date on them and are issued by the state with a Doctors form on file.

What is a TBI?

Jack

Hey Jack, Let me clear things up..As stated in my original post, I do have a NYS issued handicap plaque and a holder I created with the help of my wife. I can display it when I park and not worry it will be taken with the holder and a cable lock. The reason behind the stickers was as a "heads up" to those behind me.
Now the TBI.. In 2001 I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury. Many issues resulted in my brain being injured. Memory balance, speech, reading and writing all had to be re learned. There are other minor issues but those are the main ones.
Thanks to Scoots for answering first!

cuznjohn
03-30-2015, 04:34 PM
here in NYC i don't think a sticker would help with other people seeing it and cutting you some slack. it is like the cards people put on their cars saying CHILD ON BOARD OR I EVEN SAW ONE THAT SAID SHOW DOGS ON BOARD. the people in the city just don't care

jaherbst
03-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Hey Jack, Let me clear things up..As stated in my original post, I do have a NYS issued handicap plaque and a holder I created with the help of my wife. I can display it when I park and not worry it will be taken with the holder and a cable lock. The reason behind the stickers was as a "heads up" to those behind me.
Now the TBI.. In 2001 I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury. Many issues resulted in my brain being injured. Memory balance, speech, reading and writing all had to be re learned. There are other minor issues but those are the main ones.
Thanks to Scoots for answering first!

OK Vader, when you stated you "sent away" for stickers it got me wondering. Glad your legal and all. Riding in California last fall someone pulled into a H/C spot beside me and stuck a home made sticker in the windshield. We were both in Starbucks when some one came up to me and asked if I was parked in the H/C spot. They said the police were looking at my Spyder. I went out only to find out they were trying to locate the guy with the phony sticker. They went in and came out with him in handcuffs. H/C parking violation, no drivers license, and wanted on a warrant. They took him into custody and towed his car.

Jack

Vader
03-30-2015, 04:46 PM
here in NYC i don't think a sticker would help with other people seeing it and cutting you some slack. it is like the cards people put on their cars saying CHILD ON BOARD OR I EVEN SAW ONE THAT SAID SHOW DOGS ON BOARD. the people in the city just don't care

As I stated I am my very first post, I do have a NYS issued handicap plaque. I use it when I park. I added the stickers just so those riding behind me are made aware that I have limitations.
And in NYC, my blue handicap plaque does NOT allow me to park anywhere on the street.. Just in marked spots in parking lots. Although if you are a resident of NYC (the five boros) you can get a different plaque.

Vader
03-30-2015, 04:55 PM
OK Vader, when you stated you "sent away" for stickers it got me wondering. Glad your legal and all. Riding in California last fall someone pulled into a H/C spot beside me and stuck a home made sticker in the windshield. We were both in Starbucks when some one came up to me and asked if I was parked in the H/C spot. They said the police were looking at my Spyder. I went out only to find out they were trying to locate the guy with the phony sticker. They went in and came out with him in handcuffs. H/C parking violation, no drivers license, and wanted on a warrant. They took him into custody and towed his car.

Jack

No problem, Jack.. And I often wonder how other see me. I have a slight limp all the time. Some days my balance is real bad.. Looks like I've had one too many, lol. But being I use to roll around in a wheelchair and stumbled around with a walker, I consider myself lucky to have gotten as far as I have. I am super stoked to be riding again.

cuznjohn
03-30-2015, 05:04 PM
As I stated I am my very first post, I do have a NYS issued handicap plaque. I use it when I park. I added the stickers just so those riding behind me are made aware that I have limitations.
And in NYC, my blue handicap plaque does NOT allow me to park anywhere on the street.. Just in marked spots in parking lots. Although if you are a resident of NYC (the five boros) you can get a different plaque.

i understood what you were talking about, i have a hang tag also

aeroshots
03-30-2015, 07:08 PM

Jack

I would have laughed so hard I'd probably injured myself.

ekfraz
03-30-2015, 07:47 PM
I have the hanging HC plaque, My disablities come and go and sometimes can't even be noticed by others, I have Multiple Sclerosis and there are good days and bad days and had people ask me why I have a HC tag, I was not on crutches,wheelchair or a cane but those are good days and bad days puts a cane in my hand for assistance with my walking.

jaherbst
03-30-2015, 09:30 PM
No problem, Jack.. And I often wonder how other see me. I have a slight limp all the time. Some days my balance is real bad.. Looks like I've had one too many, lol. But being I use to roll around in a wheelchair and stumbled around with a walker, I consider myself lucky to have gotten as far as I have. I am super stoked to be riding again.

Good for you!

Jack

Midian
03-30-2015, 09:39 PM
I am right there with you. I have MS as well. Some days even I don't notice it and others feel like I got hit by a truck and he came back to make sure he got me. I wasn't going to get a handicapped plate, my pride and fighting spirit is a hard sell to give in, but days like today which have been difficult I say f*ck this, give me the plate! lol

I have the hanging HC plaque, My disablities come and go and sometimes can't even be noticed by others, I have Multiple Sclerosis and there are good days and bad days and had people ask me why I have a HC tag, I was not on crutches,wheelchair or a cane but those are good days and bad days puts a cane in my hand for assistance with my walking.

Bfromla
03-31-2015, 01:26 AM
Hiya vader104564 per a Leo buddy i learned that all a info must match, not just sticker quality, as well as person with up to date handicap id be present. Too many kids borrowing cars and abusing tags. If it comes into question. Just fyi i was able to punch holes in mine and bolt through windshield some clear packing tape & no worries. Now I've got plate and keep the hanger for the truck. No confrontations yet more people looking at the bike than anything. I've got my recovery pics on phone ready and have shared with few polite onlookers that do ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peter Aawen
03-31-2015, 02:28 AM
... I often wonder how other see me. I have a slight limp all the time. Some days my balance is real bad.. Looks like I've had one too many, lol. But being I use to roll around in a wheelchair and stumbled around with a walker, I consider myself lucky to have gotten as far as I have. I am super stoked to be riding again.

Sounds like the same cause as my injuries (something not at all obvious to most) & certainly sounds like the same result, especially the need to relearn how to do so many of those things others just take for granted - and I'd really love just an occasional day without the massive headache & ongoing pain - I've really had enough of that already!! :pray:

But like you said Vader, I'm absolutely stoked that the Spyder has let me get back out on the road & into the open air (I call it my Hi-speed Mobility scooter!) while the (state govt issued) handicap sticker has helped me with some mobility around town... Altho it is a little embarrassing when people come up to me & berate me for parking in a Handicap parking space "cos it's obvious that anyone who can ride a bike like that can't really need the Handicap Parking sticker" only to have them launch into their "You're just (a) drunk" routine if I try to respond cos my speech is always slurred nowdays & I stumble/lurch along even when walking with the sticks.... And don't even think about trying to explain that to the 'well meaning' types who sidle up to quietly slip me the meeting times/places for the local AA branch... :opps:

Is that upsetting? Yeah, sure is!! Hurts even! And sometimes it makes me angry to think that people who are that ignorant & offensive keep on getting away with behaving like that - buuut it usually doesn't take too long to come around to thinking that they really can't help it; they are stuck with that personality and probably couldn't do anything to change their outlook on life even if they wanted to now; that's all they can look forwards to each day, while even if it hurts me a bit to do it, I can still climb aboard my Spyder & ride on out of there!! :thumbup:

On a good day, an hour riding the RT can be as good for pain relief as my afternoon dose of morphine!! :yes::yes:

Vader
03-31-2015, 05:36 AM
Thanks guys for the comments. Being I have the issued parking plaque from my yown, my intent adding the stickers was just yo open up people's minds, which I believe I have accomplished. Will there still be those that may say unkind things or stare..probably. Will I care..I doubt it. I just happy to be riding again.

Cleg
03-31-2015, 07:35 AM
Must agree with CruzrJoe...not onthe helmet. Fixed to the bike is a no brained. As an AKA I know the feeling when someone gives the "stare"... But I am proud to raise the pant leg and offer them the opportunity to photograph me on or off the bike😎. It has gotten much better in the recent past but there truly are those that just don't get it. Those of us with a bonafide disability certainly would rather be able to park and walk the distance but sometimes simply can't. A little courtesy certainly goes a long way. Thanks for the opportunity to ride again safely and with confidence.

jaherbst
03-31-2015, 08:29 AM
Biggest abuse of H/C Placards I have seen is they are way out of date. Some by years. Probably 1 out of 4 are out of date and no longer valid and still taking up a H/C space. In AZ the Placard has holes punched out for expiration date. and not real easy to tamper with. Several I know have children with disabilities and still use while the child is not with them. Then there is the wife or husband using when the disabled is not with them.

There are many abuses with the 6 month temporary placards. People continue to use them long after they expire. IMHO license plates with handicap privileges is the best way to go and the most legitimate way but even they are abused by spouses and other family members. As we all know the H/C person must be present to use any of these.

Jack

Bfromla
03-31-2015, 11:28 PM
104620 works for me!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-01-2015, 05:26 PM
is anyone aware that over 60% of licensed drivers qualify for handicap stickers according to the ADA

Motorcycledave
04-01-2015, 08:34 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104658&stc=1
If I were you I would go to your local DMV and get the proper license plate
for your Spyder like I did... If you use a sticker here it means nothing to the cop writing you a ticket
for parking in a handicapped parking space, also if you use your hanger from your car you can bet it
will be missing when you return.... This is the only way to go
Dave

Motorcycledave
04-01-2015, 08:45 PM
GOOD I hope they do that more often ....

Jack

ptbperegrine
04-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Down here in Australia we have the hanging type pass - rigid plastic with a clear pocket for a credit card size pass.
The BRP tank bag has a clear pocket on top which is difficult to interfere with & perfect to display the pass.

Motorcycledave
04-01-2015, 09:16 PM
With my lic. plate I can park any place I want ALMOST...you can park at meters for free, in any blue zone and if the street
has a sign saying certain hours for parking, they don't apply to handicapped in other words if it says 2 hour parking you can
park there all day with out worry of being towed.....

Vader
04-01-2015, 09:48 PM
With my lic. plate I can park any place I want ALMOST...you can park at meters for free, in any blue zone and if the street
has a sign saying certain hours for parking, they don't apply to handicapped in other words if it says 2 hour parking you can
park there all day with out worry of being towed.....
Dave..I do have a NYS issued tag. I fabricated a acrylic tag holder that the state issued tag fits in and secure it with a cable lock to ensure it won't "walk" off. I placed the sticker on the rear fender to let those following to maybe give me a bit more room...because I am the rider in the right lane going the posted speed limit. A careless driver nearly ended my life once. I would rather not have to relearn walking,talking,eating and all the other stuff again.
I may just end up breaking down and getting the state issued plate. I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but I may just.

Vader
04-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Down here in Australia we have the hanging type pass - rigid plastic with a clear pocket for a credit card size pass.
The BRP tank bag has a clear pocket on top which is difficult to interfere with & perfect to display the pass.

I have a tank bag, and never even thought of displaying my tag there! Great idea!

Bfromla
04-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Plate way to go. Per my state I'm allowed 2 & the hanger fyi. Mot many hc MC plates made, had to be ordered but got just the same, secure & happy.

MisterP
04-02-2015, 05:53 AM
I have a tank bag, and never even thought of displaying my tag there! Great idea!

You might wish to check with your state DMV, because in FL the tags have to be visible from the front of the vehicle (in the windshield) or on a permanent plate on the back. Using a tank bag may be perfectly legal, but if the LEOs aren't expecting to see it there, you might be cited and have to explain it.

ARtraveler
04-02-2015, 01:56 PM
And then...there was the time...

Alaska used to have a HC sticker thingy that could be attached to the license plate of a MC--here--:ani29:.

We were on a group ride, our destination restaurant was next door to a second restaurant. I parked my :spyder2: in the HC space in front of the restaurants. The "other" restaurant called the police to report me. The people in the restaurant said the cops are outside looking at the :ani29:. I went out and talked with the officer. Had to point out the HC sticker on my license plate. He could also see, that I was legit.

I gave the people in the "other" restaurant a nice wave, went back to the restaurant and finished my meal. The "other" restaurant lost about 25 potential customers that night.

Bfromla
04-03-2015, 10:51 PM
You might wish to check with your state DMV, because in FL the tags have to be visible from the front of the vehicle (in the windshield) or on a permanent plate on the back. Using a tank bag may be perfectly legal, but if the LEOs aren't expecting to see it there, you might be cited and have to explain it.

Cop has a bad day , WE ALL HAVE A BAD DAY!

Dan_Ashley
04-04-2015, 12:19 AM
if you don't have the license plate type but have the hanging type what you are doing is good. Don't know about the helmet one but the fender one is good....:thumbup:

I punched holes in my wifE's placard. When she rides with me, I zip tie it on so it can't be easily stolen. Then when it's time to go again, I just cut the zip tie and toss it.

sandeejs
04-24-2015, 06:16 PM
.... I expect sooner or later we can expect a comment from someone who can't be bothered to look at the plate if we park in a wheelchair space.

If they can't be bothered to look both ways when turning, why would they look at a license plate?
I was once tongue lashed by an ignorant lady WHILE I WAS UNFOLDING MY WALKER for parking in a H/C designated spot. :mad:
~Sandee~

cyclekid58
04-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Biggest abuse of H/C Placards I have seen is they are way out of date. Some by years. Probably 1 out of 4 are out of date and no longer valid and still taking up a H/C space. In AZ the Placard has holes punched out for expiration date. and not real easy to tamper with. Several I know have children with disabilities and still use while the child is not with them. Then there is the wife or husband using when the disabled is not with them.

There are many abuses with the 6 month temporary placards. People continue to use them long after they expire. IMHO license plates with handicap privileges is the best way to go and the most legitimate way but even they are abused by spouses and other family members. As we all know the H/C person must be present to use any of these.

Jack

I too have a Handicap Plate, the registration that you carry in the glovebox shows who the applicant is, and my wife as co-0wner. Of course the registration must be displayed to a LEO on request along with a drivers license, if the DL doesn't match the applicant a large ticket is issued. As with others I have good days and bad days, carry a cane in the saddlebag all the time and if the wife drives and I am passenger we are good. I have had a few nasty ones, till I walk out slowly with the cane and they don't say anything further. The ones that get to me are people that park in the HC space, jump out and RUN into the store, I block them in and call for a LEO, caught a kid using grandma's permit that way and she wasn't there.

PaladinLV
04-24-2015, 06:53 PM
I just hope these "stickers" are being supplied by your "state".
If not you may come back someday to find your Spyder has been towed.

AJ

Having suffered a TBI in 2001, I was sure my riding days were over..but not so. I decided to order 2 vinyl handicap stickers to attach to my helmet and rear fender. When I park, I can display my plaque in an plexiglass holder I made. I secure it through the arm of the mirror.
I had mixed feelings about the stickers. Not sure if I will leave them on or not. On one hand, some say it will make me a target. Other say I should get a break and maybe even be a conversation starter with those that may not understand my injury, which would be great.
Any thoughts?

Vader
04-24-2015, 07:16 PM
I just hope these "stickers" are being supplied by your "state".
If not you may come back someday to find your Spyder has been towed.

AJ

Not sure what you mean..I have a state issued handicap placard, which when I do need to park in a designated spot, is displayed in a holder (my wife help design)and secured via a cable lock to the front mirror arm. Why would anyone tow my Spyder? I don't seem to understand your comment.
Again, the purpose for applying the stickers to the rear fender and helmet was to make those driving behind me aware that I have a disability, thereby letting them know..which in turn could provide me a safer distance from the front of their vehicle, as well as possibly opening up a conversation either with their passengers or a fellow rider. I would never attempt to mislead anyone, including law enforcement.

PaladinLV
04-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Not sure what you mean..I have a state issued handicap placard, which when I do need to park in a designated spot, is displayed in a holder

That's all I was referring to! :D

AJ

Bfromla
04-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Vader any pics? Or just standard HC symbol I totally agree to hlp in driving conditions, could cause concern if left as only identifier in parking spot. Hope not making confusing, just what gathered from thread fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorcycledave
04-24-2015, 11:35 PM
I have a hanger as well I used to use on my GoldWing and Harley, I had 3 of them cut off and or removed while
parked, none of them were taken off in California... they were removed while on motorcycle trips with my wife
in other states... why? who knows... That is why I got the plates. In California the stickers don't mean anything
to the police because the state does not issue them. If you do not display the lic. plates or the hanger state issued
plan on returning to your Spyder only to find it missing....
Ride Safe everyone
Dave

Not sure what you mean..I have a state issued handicap placard, which when I do need to park in a designated spot, is displayed in a holder (my wife help design)and secured via a cable lock to the front mirror arm. Why would anyone tow my Spyder? I don't seem to understand your comment.
Again, the purpose for applying the stickers to the rear fender and helmet was to make those driving behind me aware that I have a disability, thereby letting them know..which in turn could provide me a safer distance from the front of their vehicle, as well as possibly opening up a conversation either with their passengers or a fellow rider. I would never attempt to mislead anyone, including law enforcement.

Mjrkx250
05-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Many of you say no for the helmet and you have valid reasons but on the other hand, the sticker on the helmet can let people like first responders know you have a physical limitation.

Vader
05-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Many of you say no for the helmet and you have valid reasons but on the other hand, the sticker on the helmet can let people like first responders know you have a physical limitation.

I never thought of that! Thanks!
I also have a medic alert dog tag I wear around my neck which lists my issues.
Thanks for posting.

aeroshots
05-12-2015, 10:33 AM
I never thought of that! Thanks!
I also have a medic alert dog tag I wear around my neck which lists my issues.
Thanks for posting.

Great idea. I'm looking for some wheelchair stickers for my wife's helmet. We have a license plate with the wheel chair symbol, but its so small a dime will cover it up. I'm hoping that a half dollar size helmet sticker will help in many ways, the least of which is the stares we get until I unload her wheel chair from inside the RT-622 trailer. The tag office thought I was nuts for asking for a wheelchair tag for the trailer--they do not exist anyway.

Vader
05-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Great idea. I'm looking for some wheelchair stickers for my wife's helmet. We have a license plate with the wheel chair symbol, but its so small a dime will cover it up. I'm hoping that a half dollar size helmet sticker will help in many ways, the least of which is the stares we get until I unload her wheel chair from inside the RT-622 trailer. The tag office thought I was nuts for asking for a wheelchair tag for the trailer--they do not exist anyway.

I found the stickers, 4", on ebay.

wd8ajj
08-02-2015, 08:42 PM
New Mexico has nothing for 2 or 3 wheels other than the hanging mirror. That has be stolen 2x off my bike so shrank the original in color and laminated it and taped it to the wind deflectors with all showing, dates and all and was told that that was ok as long as all was visible. Now have never had it stolen

jaherbst
08-02-2015, 10:45 PM
I usually cover my Spyder at night and was wandering if anyone knows of a patch I could sew on the cover where the windshield is. HC plate is covered by RON cover.

Jack

Thump
08-03-2015, 12:30 AM
http://www.amazon.com/DISABLED-HANDICAPPED-Medical-Symbol-Patch/dp/B0061KP56M
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image/webp;base64,UklGRkIEAABXRUJQVlA4IDYEAABwMgCdASrIAM gAP3GuxlYsqSWjKtQ52ZguCc3bq GG5Dk4uhMBIlBSGrtkvfhL3AKonAeVDytp9UsApAL5AjaE99Ac WZsUcFwdi87pGwPAo3c0uuViA9tJg22ybXGmwvi04vaJFQXZuT WcYWj6lYnK6 tFeUEuvCiXHFPGYbROnKYJq NlVb1JYzqu/r1Wrcc5RVr9xpzx/O3kk7bCABSBcxMvNe Ma19kIw5p5fz4NWXOKTf9tb7U7VaKo6vJ1NReco DheSzOAIFDtpMkdQ5Cbq6xFV8aJ VFsWWeEdmNlOFtUGcNMlBCIMjQ0vIOLyg1ZjqTuQ4M57bDK41E vFXBU/TU/KyGOWf6GofTclbHXD0dyDUUXaU2rvKFfLvj74BzDmuBku6g0nL YVjoOmBPhrwkuHj13kdLPWK6EUq8NqXrZPX/cfLCt5EBeRLOHYDYwusmDJX3uaPpyG9bOCmIkO641ZP/u3HbgSsrftJbZXO8bptwNLRVuNaq5 MH0QjDMmA0g0v7l6K9RmJ/FeOu9Tgfc7g6cYFUfQ8AP7v7IGtEmgpZq38zXJLPCcaWuAAXkg QqRdBYq0rIpyhBgvCn60kjfHNDJvRX/JJNwGmDp TCcR6 A4Qp wF1tTIc8lRxtZJvyXlCl qQKd40tdXkRCkBhvg3i7jb4ERr3/mZ 1hnaB5pXQIr2NUyu03VBEeQiISaUDE4DfgxFqpzdjQBkiRrjga Oxz0QImLbhfdvkhECejJKx0cy8qwelX9GrwGbiDA84jAGKpkIi Djnhk/3Q5AyZhMk8UAPmkuvbEUVhNDJiwmGlU47PtgajG6eqeeCZ3mVL WP4/PPtDFewPWQvmkNH8YSMMaMapaERTMbjB3fgERsT3XfEonOIVzn LYDX1fUKhcCS7jtcmLYNyJOTpTPH7HgsomgspDA1KybhujC HCeFJ fsl781WxitIb4hPPv5jkFRlRRxDZerlBA/SHnyeaEd5ad0evCD7X93rJEL2UO3NQSsF bbZ79C5W5Q mO8 B0 sBf4ep/PVx3Y5BfIw9mwPOg0i96HQQIV/gqpvU3O0AX0sUUTjCcj7T3wKFafLOGSH1kjpKScNyhQ2LxZw/Lwz2 djvhkbOZnhXgWRvIsBs/dh9m0sNDamxi7nRqQNG7fqq8mFbu IARH5/yEdJ7GSxJ30YMU yGE8MsTiCjwZxjooU5neu1qA9C2dbPUzvp8dx8p02U98jVmIqO OvDpnqqk06mSeZ76BNzlix1r2OGK0NglB2i2XOAClqePrzzgYW sKuSs65ECUOLIx2RLLI/XOjU5e1MCttFELyqRYamWN Gxd4OQKLgu2tvxol54GPhQADSoAgusoHt/632qLFlmJ6kCwt269409CeCebTZoh7IsU9HWw7z6YYTc4j27UQ bxabqSlyEoAAAFY0AAAA

4 inch patch; $6 plus $2.25 to ship
Good luck great idea

Bfromla
08-03-2015, 01:22 AM
As a percaution I understand sticker on helmet. Fyi ABATE provided me with these when i joinedhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112852&stc=1 placement is a debate. Better to not need(dont wreck):firstplace:

gkamer
08-03-2015, 08:50 AM

asked someone why they are parking in a HC space for one simple reason. It's none of my business. But unfortunately there are people in the world with zero class and less common sense.

jaherbst
08-03-2015, 09:16 AM
http://www.amazon.com/DISABLED-HANDICAPPED-Medical-Symbol-Patch/dp/B0061KP56M
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image/webp;base64,UklGRkIEAABXRUJQVlA4IDYEAABwMgCdASrIAM gAP3GuxlYsqSWjKtQ52ZguCc3bq GG5Dk4uhMBIlBSGrtkvfhL3AKonAeVDytp9UsApAL5AjaE99Ac WZsUcFwdi87pGwPAo3c0uuViA9tJg22ybXGmwvi04vaJFQXZuT WcYWj6lYnK6 tFeUEuvCiXHFPGYbROnKYJq NlVb1JYzqu/r1Wrcc5RVr9xpzx/O3kk7bCABSBcxMvNe Ma19kIw5p5fz4NWXOKTf9tb7U7VaKo6vJ1NReco DheSzOAIFDtpMkdQ5Cbq6xFV8aJ VFsWWeEdmNlOFtUGcNMlBCIMjQ0vIOLyg1ZjqTuQ4M57bDK41E vFXBU/TU/KyGOWf6GofTclbHXD0dyDUUXaU2rvKFfLvj74BzDmuBku6g0nL YVjoOmBPhrwkuHj13kdLPWK6EUq8NqXrZPX/cfLCt5EBeRLOHYDYwusmDJX3uaPpyG9bOCmIkO641ZP/u3HbgSsrftJbZXO8bptwNLRVuNaq5 MH0QjDMmA0g0v7l6K9RmJ/FeOu9Tgfc7g6cYFUfQ8AP7v7IGtEmgpZq38zXJLPCcaWuAAXkg QqRdBYq0rIpyhBgvCn60kjfHNDJvRX/JJNwGmDp TCcR6 A4Qp wF1tTIc8lRxtZJvyXlCl qQKd40tdXkRCkBhvg3i7jb4ERr3/mZ 1hnaB5pXQIr2NUyu03VBEeQiISaUDE4DfgxFqpzdjQBkiRrjga Oxz0QImLbhfdvkhECejJKx0cy8qwelX9GrwGbiDA84jAGKpkIi Djnhk/3Q5AyZhMk8UAPmkuvbEUVhNDJiwmGlU47PtgajG6eqeeCZ3mVL WP4/PPtDFewPWQvmkNH8YSMMaMapaERTMbjB3fgERsT3XfEonOIVzn LYDX1fUKhcCS7jtcmLYNyJOTpTPH7HgsomgspDA1KybhujC HCeFJ fsl781WxitIb4hPPv5jkFRlRRxDZerlBA/SHnyeaEd5ad0evCD7X93rJEL2UO3NQSsF bbZ79C5W5Q mO8 B0 sBf4ep/PVx3Y5BfIw9mwPOg0i96HQQIV/gqpvU3O0AX0sUUTjCcj7T3wKFafLOGSH1kjpKScNyhQ2LxZw/Lwz2 djvhkbOZnhXgWRvIsBs/dh9m0sNDamxi7nRqQNG7fqq8mFbu IARH5/yEdJ7GSxJ30YMU yGE8MsTiCjwZxjooU5neu1qA9C2dbPUzvp8dx8p02U98jVmIqO OvDpnqqk06mSeZ76BNzlix1r2OGK0NglB2i2XOAClqePrzzgYW sKuSs65ECUOLIx2RLLI/XOjU5e1MCttFELyqRYamWN Gxd4OQKLgu2tvxol54GPhQADSoAgusoHt/632qLFlmJ6kCwt269409CeCebTZoh7IsU9HWw7z6YYTc4j27UQ bxabqSlyEoAAAFY0AAAA

4 inch patch; $6 plus $2.25 to ship
Good luck great idea

Thanks Thump, just ordered.

Jack

robtdonna
08-03-2015, 11:17 AM
I am thankful I do not need a HC sticker and was grateful when my Dad was alive and he needed help walking that his Dr. approved him for a placard. I think there is a misconception by the public that HC spots are for those in wheelchairs only. Perhaps because the symbol is a wheelchair.

jaherbst
08-03-2015, 11:27 AM
I am thankful I do not need a HC sticker and was grateful when my Dad was alive and he needed help walking that his Dr. approved him for a placard. I think there is a misconception by the public that HC spots are for those in wheelchairs only. Perhaps because the symbol is a wheelchair.

I think you may have broke the code!

Jack

martiniman
08-03-2015, 12:37 PM
One to many?! I look the same. Have MS, and lucky to still be able to walk, as unsteady and limited as it is. I have the plate to make things easier and am dreading the day some cop sees me looking like a drunk! Rode two wheels for close to forty years but had to give it up. Thanks to the Spyder letting me still get out there.

Clary
10-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Finally after a lot of effort from one of our veteran we now have a handicap plate in Nova Scotia for bikers. It is an actual plate that is renewal on a yearly basic. Have only been challanged 1 time and I thanked that person for checking that I was legal. This is the first province in Canada to issue these.

aeroshots
10-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Finally after a lot of effort from one of our veteran we now have a handicap plate in Nova Scotia for bikers. It is an actual plate that is renewal on a yearly basic. Have only been challanged 1 time and I thanked that person for checking that I was legal. This is the first province in Canada to issue these.

Good deal.

TommyBwell
10-29-2015, 08:57 AM
I have handicap tags for my truck and Spyder. I had the thing that you hang from your mirror but forgot to put it up once and got a $500 ticket. It was dismissed but was still a pain to deal with.

Bob Denman
10-30-2015, 08:30 AM
I've got one, and affix it in my LidLox...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118898&stc=1

SPIDR1
04-01-2016, 11:59 AM
I solved my problem by putting velcro on the top of the dash below the windshield and on the handicap mirror hang card. The card shows up clearly for anyone who is nearby and is easily removable when leaving. I have not had any problems so far.

ElmoLucy
04-07-2016, 10:02 PM
I confront anyone as they leave their vehicle if the do not have a HC plate or card showing. I always tell them that they forgot to put their HC card up. More than once I've been told to mind my own business as they quickly walk away. I always let them know I'll be calling the police. At that point most will turn around and move their vehicle. Both my parents use walkers and I have a brother who lost a leg in the war. Call me an @$$ if you wish, but those spots are for the disabled not the lazy.

justcalldon
04-12-2016, 12:20 PM
I have done the same thing so don't feel bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sealfloorboards
04-13-2016, 11:07 AM

What is a TBI?

Jack

Good point! I put my auto hanger on my dash one day and came back to find a ticket. I went right to court and managed to see the judge within an hour. I respectfully pointed out that I have just as much trouble walking while on my Spyder as when I'm in my car. The judge looked up the reg. for Oregon and agreed with me. He gave me a note for the DMV and they issued me a sticker. I placed it on the dash just behind the windshield. I have never has a problem since them. Had one HC jerk question me once and I just asked "Excuse me Dr. I didn't get your name or specialty". He turned and walked away with a Humph.