PDA

View Full Version : CB/GPS/Cell Phone

Route1motorsports
03-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Hello Spyder Lovers,

Looking fro a little help here. We installed a CB, GPS and Satellite on a 2014 RT. Customer would like their phone to work through system. GPS bluetooths to phone and we have the audio coming in from the phone call. Anyone know how I can tap the audio out from the CB headsets into the audio input of the GPS so the Mic works with the phone call? There is the audio input for the CB which is a 1/8 rca jack. Please help us out guys. I know someone has figured this out already.

stevedfive
03-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Can am Cellphone Interface Cable #219400390. Just make sure your connect it to the upper cable of the CB Module not the lower one. I have the same accessories on my bike.

Route1motorsports
03-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Can am Cellphone Interface Cable #219400390. Just make sure your connect it to the upper cable of the CB Module not the lower one. I have the same accessories on my bike.

We looked at that but it has a different size RCA jack. Did you get a cuppler to connect the two?

finless
03-30-2015, 02:37 PM
We looked at that but it has a different size RCA jack. Did you get a cuppler to connect the two?

The 2 large connectors go between the BRP CB and the Entertainment harness. The 3.5mm audio jack plugs into your phone.
What RCA jack are you talking about?

Bob

Route1motorsports
03-30-2015, 02:46 PM
The 2 large connectors go between the BRP CB and the Entertainment harness. The 3.5mm audio jack plugs into your phone.
What RCA jack are you talking about?

Bob

Sorry not RCA I meant TRS adaptor. I need to plug it into the the audio input on GPS.

stevedfive
03-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Does this help? I sent PM with my contact info.

Ben Burped
04-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Does this help? I sent PM with my contact info.

Is the traffic advisor still available ? I bought the traffic cord to use in my vehicles and it works well. I would really like to have one that plugs into my wiring harness. Don't care what it costs.

stevedfive
04-02-2015, 11:51 PM
It's listed under the Accessories tab in the Garmin Zumo 660 webpage.

Cinronru
04-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Steve and Ben (Route One Motorsports) Ben got the squeal and lost signal from the radio/xm/ipod resolved, he got the Bluetooth via GPS to cell phone working and transmitting from CB works. Last issue is this; when someone transmits to me via CB, if my music is on, I cannot hear their transmission at all because the music does not stop playing when my CB receives. The music does stop playing to allow the GPS to give instructions and when the cell phone rings through. The music also stops when I use the PTT button to transmit on the CB or phone.
I don't see any settings on the dashboard to correct this. As I told Ben when we started this whole communications project, I want to be able to play my music through the speakers on the bike and have the CB and cellphone transmit and receive through the headset in the helmet. Obviously, if my music is blaring through the speakers on the bike mixed with the helmet headset, I cannot hear someone talking on the CB. It's just me on my bike, so only one helmet being connected. Is there a way to fix this setting so that the music on bike speakers stops for any transmission from the CB,phone and GPS, incoming and outgoing? If not, the CB is useless to me. Thanks, guys.

By the way, Steve...BRP should hire you to help them get this stuff right, so many people have issues with this stuff, it's crazy. Route One has been fantastic trying to get this working smoothly. :dontknow:

ThreeWheels
04-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Steve is great, but this is just more evidence that the wired OEM is at best, a poor design.

stevedfive
04-07-2015, 06:00 PM
The system is a complicated one. It has priorities because several systems that are independent must also work together when all are connected up. First, if the music is being heard through the external speakers, the music will continue to play when you receive a CB transmission. That is because the CB has to have wired headsets to work and does not use the external speakers at all, therefore it won't override it. The GPS can use external speakers or headsets, so it has priority over the music coming out the external speakers, therefore cutting off the music.

With that said, if you want to only hear GPS directions and CB communications, not music, in the headset, you can do that in the settings screen. It is in the Audio/Headset Mode/OFF. That will turn off any entertainment source to your headset. If you want to hear music in the headset as well but want the music in the headset to MUTE when you receive a CB transmission/GPS, use the same screen but change it to MUTE. If the screen is set to MIXED you will get music and CB/GPS at the same time in the headset. Again, the CB reception will not override the external speakers because it doesn't use them in its operation.

Hopefully, that will help you with hearing the CB communication. I would also recommend turning up the CB volume tab all the way up.

Ben and I have been working on your issue, he is good man and is trying his best to resolve the issue.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Cinronru
04-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Thanks, Steve. I agree, Ben is phenomenal. The dealership has really been great to work with and they've bent over backwards to make this system work for me. It's a shame that it is so complicated and that the BRP is not very supportive in this. I will try as you suggest in your last post and see how that works. Thanks, again. :bowdown: Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

Mr. White
04-07-2015, 09:30 PM
The system is a complicated one. It has priorities because several systems that are independent must also worked together when all are connected up. First, if the music is being heard through the external speakers, the music will continue to play when you receive a CB transmission. That is because the CB has to have wired headsets to work and does not use the external speakers at all, therefore it won't override it. The GPS can use external speakers or headsets, so it has priority over the music coming out the external speakers, therefore cutting off the music.

With that said, if you want to only hear GPS directions and CB communications, not music, in the headset, you can do that in the settings screen. It is in the Audio/Headset Mode/OFF. That will turn off any entertainment source to your headset. If you want to hear music in the headset as well but want the music in the headset to MUTE when you receive a CB transmission/GPS, use the same screen but change it to MUTE. If the screen is set to MIXED you will get music and CB/GPS at the same time in the headset. Again, the CB reception will not override the external speakers because it doesn't use them in its operation.

Hopefully, that will help you with hearing the CB communication. I would also recommend turning up the CB volume tab all the way up.

Ben and I have been working on your issue, he is good man and is trying his best to resolve the issue.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve (or anyone) I had my dealer install a 2014 harness and CB. The CB is very poor....300' and the guy in front of me says it is scratchy and any further, basically unreadable. My 2011 RT-S was somewhat better but not much. When compared to my Gold Wing CB, the BRP is so bad I am ashamed...the receive is not much better. Any suggestions? One problem is me....I have trouble turning on a light switch....

:spyder2:

stevedfive
04-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Read the thread in the DYI about adding ground. That's what fixed mine.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?62985-CB-Radio-Additional-Grounding&highlight=Copper+foil

I also added several RF ferrite chokes to the DIN cables and upgraded the antenna with one from J&M.

Mr. White
04-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Read the thread in the DYI about adding ground. That's what fixed mine.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?62985-CB-Radio-Additional-Grounding&highlight=Copper+foil

I also added several RF ferrite chokes and upgraded the antenna with one from J&M.

Thanks Steve.

Dadjeep
04-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I would like to know if anyone, has the same problem as me. I have just install the CB, Com Cell Phone & GPS system. I have almost no music volume in my head set even when I turn it up all the way. The next problem I has is the head sets that BRP sell are for open helmets my wife and I use modular helmets. I am going to try and hook up my old J&M head set. has anyone done that.

Coming from a 08 Gold Wing I am not real happy with how this system works. I am open to any help.

stevedfive
04-08-2015, 04:29 PM
We have module helmets and use the BRP headsets. In regards to the volume, are you taking as you are riding or no volume even when the bike is parked?

Cinronru
04-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Well, we've tried all the suggestions. End result is that everything works - but not well - and not together! The CB receives and transmits. The XM satellite plays. The Cell phone pairs through the GPS. The GPS works.
However, when someone calls me and I answer the cell phone (using BRP wired headset) I have to use the PTT button to speak; that transmits not only to the person on the phone but also through the CB! Next, the GPS and the Music play through the external speakers. The Music is supposed to mute when the CB receives and transmits. The Music only mutes when the CB transmits, not when it receives. Music Mutes when the GPS transmits and when cell phone rings. Consequently, when I have music on and someone transmits via CB to me, I cannot hear them. I tried turning off the external speakers so everything would go through the headset, but then I loose music completely.

The fixes along the way, Replacing the stock CB antenna with the J & M Antenna, moving the cellphone interface, adding the RF thing to reduce signal interference all worked. The squealing & lost radio signal were resolved.
We finally got the individual components to all work. But, if I can't use them all together in the fashion they are designed & advertised to work, pretty much the CB is useless! The book says the CB will automatically mute music when it transmits and receives, and it does not. I really cannot understand why BRP has so many issues with these components that work on every other mfg bikes, like Harley and wings, etc. :banghead:

Steve, I really do thank you for all your help. And my guys at Route One worked tirelessly to make it happen, but I guess it's not meant to be.

Cinronru
04-18-2015, 09:55 AM
pictures of my bike!

Cinronru
04-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Steve, Got the CB, but nothing else, to come through the headset. When on a phone call, the replies come through the speakers! Anyway, As we discussed, I called Ben, asked him to order a new headset as you suggested, to make sure it's not an incompatible headset. Still do not have music muting with CB reception as the BRP literature says it should do. But, if I can work around that and still hear the transmission, will be satisfied. It was a pleasure talking to you, thanks again for all your help!