PDA

View Full Version : Increase speed and horsepower.

jimmy.scales.33
03-30-2015, 08:20 AM
Question for the experts. I own a 2013 RS-S. What's the best way to improve top speed on the bike? I am looking for power and performance. I am wanting upgrades to avoid selling it for something different.

Bob Denman
03-30-2015, 08:25 AM
I've heard that there are some 1190 pistons available... from Aprilia?? :dontknow: or was it KTM?? :dontknow:
Contact DrewNJ; he's been looking at alternatives for a while now.
:welcome:

Orange Spyder Man
03-30-2015, 09:10 AM
a Spyder is about as aero dynamic as a barn door.. any increase in speed you would have to spend a ton of money with little results..IMHO if you want to go faster... buy a Hayabusa it would prolly cost less...

osm

jimmy.scales.33
03-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the comments. That's actually what I've been thinking.

Chupaca
03-30-2015, 09:49 AM
How much horsepower..?? How fast..?? For how long..?? To ryde where..?? How much are you willing you spend..??
We have folks that have installed turbo chargers but aside from the small changes like pipes air systems sprocket changes etc don't know of any running above the low 120's with the bigger twin 106 hp. You could see about the triple 115 hp engine but if you do that just go for the bigger other brands engines. The problem lies in the computer systems on the vehicle. If you strip it of that to bypass its control you might as well build your own from scratch. BMW makes a wild ryde that could fit your needs but pricy. Then you could try the F3 and see if that is enough of a boost. Probably age has lowered my need for more power than I can handle but running my RS in the power band 5,000 rpm's +/- gives me what I need in speed and getting up to 117 is all the rush I need (few places to do that). We do have a member waiting at the gates of the salt flates to see what a box standard spyder can really do flat out for as long as you can hold it wide open...bummer....there is that rev limiter thingy:roflblack: if you do beef yours up let us know it would be fun to follow your journey...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-30-2015, 10:01 AM
The Aerocharger kits are about $5000... :shocked:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-30-2015, 10:50 AM
I've heard that there are some 1190 pistons available... from Aprilia?? :dontknow: or was it KTM?? :dontknow:
Contact DrewNJ; he's been looking at alternatives for a while now.
:welcome:

For the amount of time , money , sweat, etc......for less than a 200 cc increase it just isn't worth it IMHO.......A TURBO however :yes::yes::yes:.....Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-30-2015, 12:41 PM
I just have to watch here. 100 mph is way more fast than I am comfortable with, so will have to see what you decide.

cptjam
03-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Try a free flow air filter, a performance exhaust, and a fuel controller(power commander, juice box, etc). If that is not enough, either big bore or turbo. Cost about the same, 5K or so. Fun, but costly.