PDA

View Full Version : Batteries Do It??

Buelldog
11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Does anyone have any experience with battery heated gloves or battery heated glove liners??Doing a Web search I see that Brookstone sells battery heated glove liners for $50 and Hammacher Schlemmer sells imported battery heated gloves for $25.....any testimonials on either?? I rode today, wind chill low 20s....stayed warm except finger tips which became painful after 30 minutes .Really don't want to go the 12v route!!:dontknow:

bjt
11-21-2008, 06:49 PM
When you find out, let me know. The fingers are the first thing to get cold on me too. I would be willing to go with the plug in gloves or liners but these that you've mentioned are much cheaper, if they work. :chat:

nickcaro
11-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I use Gerbings G3 gloves. If you are out there long enough you will be way better off with a 12V solution. Friday morning I left the house at 5:30 am and the temp was 21 Degrees. Hands and fingers stay nice and warm. After reaching a cruising speed of 65 on the highway, consistently for about 30 minutes I started feeling a few cold spots on the tips and the knuckle area.

Slow down to 50 for a few miles and it gives them a chance to battle the cold. I also use a Gerbings liner and I'm a big fan of their products.

smokster
11-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I use Gerbings G3 gloves. If you are out there long enough you will be way better off with a 12V solution. Friday morning I left the house at 5:30 am and the temp was 21 Degrees. Hands and fingers stay nice and warm. After reaching a cruising speed of 65 on the highway, consistently for about 30 minutes I started feeling a few cold spots on the tips and the knuckle area.

Slow down to 50 for a few miles and it gives them a chance to battle the cold. I also use a Gerbings liner and I'm a big fan of their products.
21 degrees, BRRR.
I think 53 was cold here in CA, my finger was frozen.
And I am a transplant from WI..guess my blood thinned a bit in 13 years

tatt2r
11-22-2008, 11:22 AM
www.motorsports.com sells a complete heated suit
and i drove into work this morning 21 degrees ...with a windchill it was 10 ... bundle up .... like snow mobiling on the street ...

jnt
11-22-2008, 11:34 AM
We do the Gerbing gloves as well as the jacket liners. With the strong alternators on the LT and Spyder, we'll be warm. Pocket-size batteries would wear down methinks.

tatt2r
11-22-2008, 11:50 AM
We do the Gerbing gloves as well as the jacket liners. With the strong alternators on the LT and Spyder, we'll be warm. Pocket-size batteries would wear down methinks.

methinks you are correct......

Motza
11-22-2008, 06:22 PM
www.cozywinters.com (http://www.cozywinters.com) Heated Gloves