PDA

View Full Version : C.H.A.D. now shipping!

Rando
11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
I just received this email:

Dear valued customers,
We are happy to announce that the C.H.A.D windshields are starting to ship this week (Clear model only). We first want to apologize for the delay in shipping these windshields, but as you know, a great deal of testing and improving went in the conception of the C.H.A.D. We preferred to come out with an excellent product for our customers, instead of just throwing out in the market a shield that wasn’t close to what our focus and feedback groups asked for. At this time we are pretty sure that the C.H.A.D will meet all your needs because of the time we took to make it a unique windshield. So that said The C.H.A.D windshield will now be available in 3 models, Full clear 299.99$ – Half smoke 339.99$ – Full smoke 349.99$ (brackets included). The clear model will ship starting tomorrow, and the 2 other models the 3rd Dec. We know you had placed your names on the waiting list for the C.H.A.D, and at the time only one model was announced, so now you have an extra choice to make!
Here are the part numbers for the 3 models, just pick the one you want and call us with your order. Have a great day! ;)
Here is the link page for some tests the C.H.A.D went through: http://www.industries7.com/pages/CHAD.jsp

Full Clear: 170-900c 299.99$
Half Smoke: 170-900cd 339.99$
Full Smoke: 170-900s 349.99$

bjt
11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
$50 more for smoked plexi? wow. Glad they are finally out but I can't afford to order one now even though I would really like to try C.H.A.D. on the Spyder.

effgjamis
11-21-2008, 11:01 AM
wow.... but... expensive I think.... unless the price includes shipping and installation.

Rando
12-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Anyone with a C.H.A.D. yet? How about a review?

bone crusher
12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I might be interested down the road but with the economy the way it is, they should be priced accordingly...everyone is tight with money and that price is steep...

Like mentioned above, why is there a 50.00 price increase for a color change?

BRP's ultra touring windshield looks nice and will be much cheaper to obtain...

I'm in the market for a windshield...but economics is playing in more now with each day...argh!

IMHO, windshields should be no more than the $200.00 range...but then again, what the heck do I know?? :banghead:

ima rider
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
:agree:bonecrusher. I am currently awaiting the BRP UT. Also the pics of the BRP were prototype.The final product may have some tint or gradient like the stock one has now. My dealer called BRP to get a ship date and they still only said,"spring 09". Brp told them they are working out some wind buffeting issues so I am happy to wait until they get it right. I would be interested in how the C.H.A.D. works out for someone.

bone crusher
12-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Lemme know the price for the BRP...perhaps we can find it cheaper?

ima rider
12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Lemme know the price for the BRP...perhaps we can find it cheaper?
Looks like the BRP ultra touring windshield will be 249.99

duneside
12-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Instead of buying the tinted w/s you could just paint it, unless you look thru it.:cheers:

bone crusher
12-13-2008, 03:39 PM
We could beat the 249.99 by at least 10-20%...dealership I work with is great1

Putt-Putt
12-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I would be interested but like they say money is tight right now

adrims
01-20-2009, 01:53 AM
:agree:bonecrusher. I am currently awaiting the BRP UT. Also the pics of the BRP were prototype.The final product may have some tint or gradient like the stock one has now. My dealer called BRP to get a ship date and they still only said,"spring 09". Brp told them they are working out some wind buffeting issues so I am happy to wait until they get it right. I would be interested in how the C.H.A.D. works out for someone.
I have had 4 windscreens, the last being the C.H.A.D screen which I have found to be the best, it has the 3" rise over the 25" bottom height and a 50 degree adjustment back and forth. I am 5' 8" tall and I have the screen up about 2" and about 25degrees forward. As the screen is off the bike the wind follows the airo dinamics of the bike, giving a nice light breeze on the body and cuts out all head buffetting, plus I can comfortably see over the top of the screen.The next point I am doing fuel tests, and so far my so far my miles per gal has improved. My current thery is, as the wind is coming up inside the screen it is acting a bit like a sail on a yacht. Sounds stupid doesn't it but my full comsumption has gone down so I am testing the economy on the weekend towing my camper trailer. My tow hitch by the way is very successful but you guys in the states dont want to now, why, its not a bushtech, Alan from OZ.

NancysToy
01-20-2009, 08:20 AM
My tow hitch by the way is very successful but you guys in the states dont want to now, why, its not a bushtech, Alan from OZ.
Hey, I'd like to know. How about some pics and details.
-Scotty http://forum.thestompbox.net/images/smilies/1a_snow.gif

bjt
01-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Here's a post about his hitch Scotty. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=66854&postcount=14