PDA

View Full Version : WHERE SHOULD I GET MY BELT TENSIONER FROM

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-27-2015, 06:47 PM
that is one of the things i want to do in the next few weeks

Chupaca
03-27-2015, 06:57 PM
We have two sponsors here with tensioners. I have the smoothspyder tensioner and it works well. Don't know about the others but have heard good things. Your choice...:thumbup:

SNOOPY
03-27-2015, 09:29 PM
I agree w Chuwey ^^^^ :D

Ben Burped
03-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Before you just bolt something on, consider another alternative. The belt is intended to be adjusted by using a Gates sonic meter. Either choose to buy one or get a smart phone app that will do the same thing and make sure that a correctly adjusted belt needs a tensioner before you buy one. I bought a Gates meter and use it about twice a year. This, for me, has taken care of the vibrations so far. If this doesn't take care of the vibration for you, choose a tensioner and bolt it on.

Remember to "Live before you die".

nakerr
03-27-2015, 10:47 PM
What smart phone app? The Gates meter is really expensive.

wyliec
03-28-2015, 06:47 AM
What smart phone app? The Gates meter is really expensive.

Not that long ago someone linked to an app for a smartphone that could be used when checking belt tension. Some have tried it and say it works fine. I'm too lazy to look for that thread right now. Maybe later.

I found it:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69093-Belt-tension-APP-for-Iphone-Ipad-and-Ipod-touch

kentompkins
03-28-2015, 06:55 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69093-Belt-tension-APP-for-Iphone-Ipad-and-Ipod-touch&highlight=tensioner

wyliec
03-28-2015, 06:59 AM
gates carbon drive, I believe is the actual app.

Bfromla
03-29-2015, 03:39 AM
We have two sponsors here with tensioners. I have the smoothspyder tensioner and it works well. Don't know about the others but have heard good things. Your choice...:thumbup:
Dont have the tensioner but smooth spyder is good products:thumbup: Met Jim personally & man knows his stuff. Love my "dual mode" back rest fyi quality parts well thought out for placement and use. G'luck

Copperman
03-29-2015, 08:25 AM
that is one of the things i want to do in the next few weeks

I have a SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner. I had it on my 2013 RTL and transferred it to my 2014 RTL. It works like a charm.