PDA

View Full Version : F4 Customs New Windshield for the F3

F4 Customs
03-27-2015, 10:07 AM
We have been asked multiple times if we would be making a new windshield for the F3. The answer to that is "yes". However we could use your help. We are located in Ohio and looking for someone to be our fit and function guy. Also I need a windshield from the F3 for a starting point with hardware if anyone has one I can use. If not we will purchase this.
Please give me a call if you can help.
Also I want to know any ideas you might have on height and width. I know the shield leans back quite a bit and I think we need to correct this so that we get better air flow up and over the rider. Please comment.
My personal e mail is donfrank@f4customs.com.
330-968-4644
Don Frank
President
F4 Customs

ABQSpyder
03-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Hey Don no replies is very unusual especially for a vendor and such a Hot topic on F3 forum. Just sayin maybe you should r epost in that Forum. Just sayin

pauly1
03-28-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm interested in the product and would love to be the fit test but MN is a long way from OH.

Wayne

den1953
03-28-2015, 09:35 AM
I'm a Buckeye and live in Ohio but I do not yet have a Can Am Spyder F3. However I'm thinking about getting one in the very near future. The biggest question is about mounting brackets. If I were to get one of your windshields would there be any mounting hardware included with it? The two BRP OEM windshields do and so does the Mastad. I am hoping for a more effective windscreen for us people six feet tall and over who want a decent and relatively turbulence free ride.

Brew crew
03-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Email sent!!!

michele

arizona spyder
03-30-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm a Buckeye and live in Ohio but I do not yet have a Can Am Spyder F3. However I'm thinking about getting one in the very near future. The biggest question is about mounting brackets. If I were to get one of your windshields would there be any mounting hardware included with it? The two BRP OEM windshields do and so does the Mastad. I am hoping for a more effective windscreen for us people six feet tall and over who want a decent and relatively turbulence free ride.

den 1953- i know you have been following the f3 windshield situation as i have. i have the f3s with the blue ridge windshield, i also added the clip on sport shield that is adjustable, that some others have added. at first this setup was good, but, it just wasn't high enough for me, as i am 6'- 1''. well, i went to ace hardware, bought some stailness steel braces, some bolts, washers, etc. it has raised the windshield apprx. 4 inches, because i cut the braces at 4.25. but, i think even more importantly it made the windshield go more straight up as it hits the wind. with this setup and the clip on at the top, i am still just able to see over it. perfect line of sight, and with that clip on you can adjust the wind flow to go more on you as it gets hot outside. i think this setup over all i just about perfect. i took it out on the highway and some side roads much, much calmer. i painted all the brackets and hardware black to match stock brackets. i think i have about 25.00 in it between paint and hardware. hope this helps...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.png

cmvw
10-23-2016, 02:44 PM
I recently had the opportunity to do business with Don Frank (CEO) of F4 Customs. When I called him he was at a bike rally in Arkansas and very busy, but took the time to help me with a suggested windshield application for my 2016 Spyder RTS. I live in St. Louis and he told me that he would be coming through town in a few days and would be glad to stop by.

I reached out to him a few days later and he and his wife Kim along with one of their Technicians (Mickey) met my wife and I on a Sunday afternoon and installed a 28" windshield along with the side wind deflectors.

I was amazed that they would take the time out on a weekend (especially a Sunday) to do this. I highly recommend Don and is team at F4 Customs. They genuinely care about their customers and will go out of their way to help.

If you need a quality windshield or many of the other products they carry, please check with them first. Great people and a Top Shelf organization!

Habib
10-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks for asking, kind of unusual. I really want to replace the windshield on my F3S. I'm 6-3 with the height above the belt. It might help by taking windshield height measurements from the ground to the top of the riders head while seated, less helmet. You could tell the wind buffet area pretty well that way. With all your CNC equip how about custom heights in 1inch increments? Use stock mounting hardware to save is money.
Thanks for asking.

Cruzr Joe
10-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks for asking, kind of unusual. I really want to replace the windshield on my F3S. I'm 6-3 with the height above the belt. It might help by taking windshield height measurements from the ground to the top of the riders head while seated, less helmet. You could tell the wind buffet area pretty well that way. With all your CNC equip how about custom heights in 1inch increments? Use stock mounting hardware to save is money.
Thanks for asking.

F4s, 25" windshield for the F3 is 23 1/2 inches from the top of the gas tank to the top of the windshield, if that helps you any.

Cruzr Joe

Peteoz
10-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Thanks for asking.

hahaha.....Don "asked" in March 2015, Habib;)......He now has a great range for the F3 including the F3-T. He already has the "which height for me issue" issue covered on his site, and uses the stock hardware. It's soooooo easy to get caught out when someone resurrects an old thread. ;)

F4 Customs
10-24-2016, 06:21 AM
Thanks for for this nice post. F4 customs works everyday to provide the best customer service and the best product and meeting folks like you is what makes our job all worth while. We meet new friends all the time and it's great!

I recently had the opportunity to do business with Don Frank (CEO) of F4 Customs. When I called him he was at a bike rally in Arkansas and very busy, but took the time to help me with a suggested windshield application for my 2016 Spyder RTS. I live in St. Louis and he told me that he would be coming through town in a few days and would be glad to stop by.

I reached out to him a few days later and he and his wife Kim along with one of their Technicians (Mickey) met my wife and I on a Sunday afternoon and installed a 28" windshield along with the side wind deflectors.

I was amazed that they would take the time out on a weekend (especially a Sunday) to do this. I highly recommend Don and is team at F4 Customs. They genuinely care about their customers and will go out of their way to help.

If you need a quality windshield or many of the other products they carry, please check with them first. Great people and a Top Shelf organization!

Habib
10-24-2016, 03:54 PM
F4s, 25" windshield for the F3 is 23 1/2 inches from the top of the gas tank to the top of the windshield, if that helps you any.

Cruzr Joe

Thanks, I'll check that measurement.

Habib
10-24-2016, 03:55 PM
hahaha.....Don "asked" in March 2015, Habib;)......He now has a great range for the F3 including the F3-T. He already has the "which height for me issue" issue covered on his site, and uses the stock hardware. It's soooooo easy to get caught out when someone resurrects an old thread. ;)

Wasn't on this site then.