PDA

View Full Version : BRP: Net income of $70.1 million for FY2015

tigerdr
03-27-2015, 08:47 AM
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc3NzA0fENoaWxkSUQ 9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Bob Denman
03-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Good for them... and us! :D

Highwayman2013
03-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Excellent !

memphisdan
03-27-2015, 09:05 AM
It is great to see BRP have a good year. This means that they are likely to continue to make, support and develop the products we love. Like many others in this industry BRP has had some very hard years. Instead of cutting back, BRP continued to innovate and introduce new products.;)

tigerdr
03-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Interesting to see that they have a new manufacturing plant being built in Mexico.

Plants in Mexico are for ATV, Side by Side ans Sea-Doo. Ski-Doo and Spyder are still built in Valcourt (Quebec).

Saluda
03-27-2015, 09:47 AM
I contributed.

jcthorne
03-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Don't think they should be so quick to brag about earning 70 million while under investigation for shirking responsibility for fixing dangerous product they already sold and have not fixed. The NHTSA can read too. They are going to need to spend some of that to fix what they already sold or buy it back.

Bob Denman
03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
:shocked: Geez... they said that the fix is coming in May... :bdh:

billybovine
03-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Let's put some context to the press release. It is not bragging the press release is required by law for publicly traded companies to announce the financial results. The preamble to the actual numbers is alway spun in way to make it sound the best that it can. No matter what company it is. It was published on Feb 1st. It was a big disappointment to analysts and investors. For the next 10 days the stock price continued its trend to make all time lows. Currently the stock price is a little higher but still at disappointedly low levels.

Bob Denman
03-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Who'd have ever thought it possible to call 70 million dollars a disappointment? :shocked:
If they don't want it... :D

ARtraveler
03-27-2015, 12:52 PM
I will leave the dice and slice to other experts. Glad to hear they made some bucks. 70 million to a corporation like BRP is not a really, really big number. However, if they don't want it I will happy take some. :roflblack:

And yes, I helped with the number. Your welcome. :yes:

Magdave
03-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Let's put some context to the press release. It is not bragging the press release is required by law for publicly traded companies to announce the financial results. The preamble to the actual numbers is alway spun in way to make it sound the best that it can. No matter what company it is. It was published on Feb 1st. It was a big disappointment to analysts and investors. For the next 10 days the stock price continued its trend to make all time lows. Currently the stock price is a little higher but still at disappointedly low levels.

The stock has only been listed for a little over a year so all time lows mean little. There is no history. It was privately held before being listed. They only raised 254 million on the IPO so in perspective 70 mil isn't that bad.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-11-18/ski-doo-maker-brp-rallies-to-year-s-best-ipo-corporate-canada

Valcourt, Québec, March 27, 2015 — BRP Inc. (TSX: DOO) today reported its financial results for the three- and twelve-month periods ended January 31, 2015. All financial information is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted. The complete financial results are available at www.sedar.com.
"We grew sales in all four product categories, grew revenues in international markets despite the situation in Russia and exceeded our objective for new dealers. We also launched several market-shaping products with significant volume potential and the consumer reaction so far is very promising," said José Boisjoli, president and CEO. "All in all, we had challenges throughout Fiscal Year 2015 but we stayed the course, executed on our plan and delivered solid results."
Commenting on the outlook, Boisjoli added: "We are introducing our guidance for Fiscal Year 2016 with continued revenues and EBITDA growth, mitigated by an assumption of a reduction in sales from Russia when compared to Fiscal Year 2015. The construction of our new plant in Mexico is progressing well and production is still expected to start in the back-end of Fiscal Year
[1]

http://investors.brp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251742&p=quarterlyearnings_pf

Chupaca
03-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Glad I was able to help them out. And thank them for add to my enjoyment of life...:2thumbs:

cognaccruiser
03-27-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't think it's bragging either and yes they have to post their earnings.

I'd much rather hear that they actually made some money than that they are tanking.

Gary

billybovine
03-27-2015, 03:28 PM
The stock has only been listed for a little over a year so all time lows mean little. There is no history. It was privately held before being listed. They only raised 254 million on the IPO so in perspective 70 mil isn't that bad.

254 million is not the market cap of the company. Only a part of the company sold into the market on the IPO in May of 2013, at the issue price of 21.50. The market cap at the current stock price is about 940 million.

On revenue of of a little more than 3.5 billion, they made a net profit of 70 million. That's just under 2%

If you factor in the change in the US to Canadian dollar they would have barely broke even.

bruiser
03-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Look at it this way. At today's exchange rate that would only be about 13.5 million US.

Indyron
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM
I like to see profits like any other business person, but... $70 million on $3.5 BILLION is 2%, pretty meager for a manufacturer of this size.

tigerdr
03-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Look at it this way. At today's exchange rate that would only be about 13.5 million US.

No..... At today exchange rate, it would be 56 millions US.

Dan McNally
03-27-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm glad they were in the black . . . hope they start doing better. I want BRP, and the Spyder, to be around for many, many years.

Marker
03-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Spyders are only one part of what BRP does to make its money.

Pennyrick
03-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Don't think they should be so quick to brag about earning 70 million while under investigation for shirking responsibility for fixing dangerous product they already sold and have not fixed. The NHTSA can read too. They are going to need to spend some of that to fix what they already sold or buy it back.

This isn't bragging.... this information is required by law and with full disclosure, the assumptions for 2016 included everything that could prohibit future growth. Here is a graph from the assumptions.....

inability to maintain and enhance reputation and brands;adverse determination in any significant product liability claim against the Company; significant product repair and/orreplacement due to product warranty claims or product recalls;

Webjumper
03-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Not to rain on the party but sounds like they need to trim some fat.:opps:

Netminder
03-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Plants in Mexico are for ATV, Side by Side ans Sea-Doo. Ski-Doo and Spyder are still built in Valcourt (Quebec).
And hopefully they keep being built in our " Belle Provinces" , just wish they would cut us some slack on pricing considering they are made so close to home! JMHO!

tigerdr
03-27-2015, 08:35 PM
And hopefully they keep being built in our " Belle Provinces" , just wish they would cut us some slack on pricing considering they are made so close to home! JMHO!

Yes, we hope for that.