PDA

View Full Version : Wax preference?

robtdonna
03-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Anyone have something that works really good on the tupperware or do you just use what brand you have always used? I like the Eagle1 family of products, personally.

Thanks!

Marker
03-23-2015, 12:15 PM
I use Turtle wax ICE when at home after washing and drying the spyder.
For quick detailing I use a waterless cleaner and polish called FUKKEN WAX euro style auto wax.
If we are on a tour and no water is available I will use WHOOSH its a waterless cleaner and polish all in one, that does not scratch I apply and remove all of them with a microfiber cloth.

Chupaca
03-23-2015, 01:46 PM
on how hard you want to work. I use plexus (pricy) protect all works just as well at half the price. What I have used since they put plastic on bikes is pledge. Has worked gerat and lemon pledge gives it a sweet smell. There are no end of products tough to wade thru them all...:thumbup:

Purple Guy
03-23-2015, 01:47 PM
I use Lucas Slick Mist.
Love this product, you can spray it anywhere!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/X94AAOSwn51UaX8K/$_35.JPG

1VENOM
03-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Pledge works for me and the lemon smell just a plus:yes:

Highwayman2013
03-23-2015, 02:37 PM
I use Turtle wax ICE when at home after washing and drying the spyder.
For quick detailing I use a waterless cleaner and polish called FUKKEN WAX euro style auto wax.
If we are on a tour and no water is available I will use WHOOSH its a waterless cleaner and polish all in one, that does not scratch I apply and remove all of them with a microfiber cloth.

I just tried the Ice spray wax from Turtle Wax myself, Very easy and quick to use and no stuff in the cracks!

Frank G
03-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Lots of choices, keep the spray wax off the brake rotors and it will also make a smooth concrete floor very slippery when wet!!!!!!:yikes: ask me how I know.:banghead: I personally use Honda spray polish. Next purchase will be the Original Spray Cleaner and Polish. Available at Value Accessories and others.http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/thumb/OriginalSprayCleaner.jpg

RBS66
03-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Pledge works for me and the lemon smell just a plus:yes:

+1:agree:

JayBros
03-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Maybe I'm old school but my Spyder and I both like Meguiar's Crystal Carnuba Wax. It's very easy to apply and doesn't take much to do the whole roadster. Makes the Cognac really sparkle.

SPYD3R
03-23-2015, 04:27 PM
get the Original Spray Cleaner and Polish @ Cycle Gear.....
nothing but the best will do for both my SPYD3Rs....
dp

Midian
03-23-2015, 04:46 PM
The lemon pledge thing is blowing my mind. Seriously? On all surfaces on the spyder? If so, great! I have just never heard or tried it. I use Griot's products from machine polish all the way to the spray detailed on my motorcycle. If this lemon pledge thing is for real I would love the new approach. New machine, new practices!

Mazo EMS2
03-23-2015, 05:16 PM
I've always had good luck with Lemon Pledge. It works great on other toys, and I expect it to work great on the Spyder too.

jaherbst
03-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Good old Lemmon Pledge works as good or better than anything and is 1/3 the price. Besides your Spyder will smell better!

Jack

one2doo
03-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Liquid Glass once you have 3coats it's bulletproof bugs rinse off. Advanced Auto. The car show guys showed me this one ,its for people who hate to wax. It is going on 3 years on gmc salt won't take it off.

Deer Slayer
03-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Turtle wax Ice. It does not mess up the flat black stuff you don't want it on. :cheers:

tigerdr
03-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Lemon Pledge for multi-purpose.

jcthorne
03-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Good old Lemmon Pledge works as good or better than anything and is 1/3 the price. Besides your Spyder will smell better!

Jack

Do you use Pledge on the windshield instead of Plexus?

bmccaffrey
03-23-2015, 06:47 PM
I use Lucas Slick Mist.

I Also Use This. Works Great And Smells Good. Nothing To Good For My Spyder!!!

Spyder601
03-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Lots of choices, keep the spray wax off the brake rotors and it will also make a smooth concrete floor very slippery when wet!!!!!!:yikes: ask me how I know.:banghead: I personally use Honda spray polish. Next purchase will be the Original Spray Cleaner and Polish. Available at Value Accessories and others.http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/thumb/OriginalSprayCleaner.jpg

+1 I love this stuff!

can-am sam
03-23-2015, 10:08 PM
Turtle Wax Ice. Easy to use, great results. It can be applied to black plastic trim and it leaves a great shine. No white residue left on the black trim.

jaherbst
03-23-2015, 10:41 PM
Do you use Pledge on the windshield instead of Plexas?

I use Lemmon Pledge on the windshield also. Best thing I have ever used. If you use Plexus over and over is will leave those pesky small swirls or scratches. Lemmon pledge will take them away. Always used this on my airplanes windshield to do the same thing. Works great on cars, Airplanes, Motorcycles etc. Will not work on glass. Paint,plastics, tires, vinyl etc. I use it to detail everything.

Jack

3 Wheel Rider
03-23-2015, 11:07 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104183&stc=1 I use this on all three of my bikes :thumbup: Apply and buff off w/ microfiber cloths

Dubld
03-23-2015, 11:21 PM
I use Lucas Slick Mist.

I also use this product. Works great! I also use BugSlide.

jcthorne
03-24-2015, 07:18 AM
I use Lemmon Pledge on the windshield also. Best thing I have ever used. If you use Plexus over and over is will leave those pesky small swirls or scratches. Lemmon pledge will take them away. Always used this on my airplanes windshield to do the same thing. Works great on cars, Airplanes, Motorcycles etc. Will not work on glass. Paint,plastics, tires, vinyl etc. I use it to detail everything.

Jack

Ok, lemon Pledge is headed to the garage for a trial run.....Thanks for the suggestion.

Big F
03-24-2015, 07:44 AM
I purchased two cans of Motul from a vendor (don't remember the name?) at Spyderfest last year. It is a wash and wax spray that works fantastic. Now have 1/2 can left so hopefully this vendor will be back and have more available for me. It apparently was not too pricey or I would not have purchased the product.
BIG F

Spyda98
03-24-2015, 08:00 AM
I normally used the Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish but it is getting harder to find and price per can is going up.

May try the Original Spray Cleaner Spray and Polish when I finish my can of Honda.

jaherbst
03-24-2015, 10:08 AM
I purchased two cans of Motul from a vendor (don't remember the name?) at Spyderfest last year. It is a wash and wax spray that works fantastic. Now have 1/2 can left so hopefully this vendor will be back and have more available for me. It apparently was not too pricey or I would not have purchased the product.
BIG F

If you only went through two cans in a year you are not riding enough or detailing enough. I probably use a can of detailer/pledge a month.:joke:

Jack

Buggy
03-24-2015, 12:54 PM
I use Bullet Polish...comes in a 4oz bottle that is mixed into one gallon of distilled water. Can be used as a detailed or waterless wash. About 15.00 a bottle...a gallon goes a long way!

http://www.bulletpolish.com/Default.asp

Bob Denman
03-24-2015, 01:00 PM
My favorite wax? :dontknow:
The one that somebody else applies for me! :2thumbs:

Jim&Teresa
03-24-2015, 01:03 PM
I use Lucas Slick Mist.

I have used this for a little over a year and my Spyder Tupperware looks like new....nice product and easy to use. Nice quick clean-ups. Use on all surfaces except clear plastic (windshield, dash, etc,).... I think it's a great product! :thumbup:

johnwinslow
03-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Lots of choices, keep the spray wax off the brake rotors and it will also make a smooth concrete floor very slippery when wet!!!!!!:yikes: ask me how I know.:banghead: I personally use Honda spray polish. Next purchase will be the Original Spray Cleaner and Polish. Available at Value Accessories and others.http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/thumb/OriginalSprayCleaner.jpgthis is the best when used with a micro fiber cloth available at White Horse Gear North Conway NH

DJFaninTN
03-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Bees and wasp love them some lemon pledge. I still use it and it does a great job ... Even on all the chrome:yes:

robtdonna
03-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate it! :yes:

Spyder ri
03-26-2015, 09:24 AM
I use bass boat saver. Works great on plastic as well as on gel coat boats.

latony007
03-26-2015, 01:44 PM
+1 for turtle wax ICE. i actually use all the ice stuff normally. And this Xmas got me one of the "ice buckets" with all the products inside for like $20

jcthorne
03-31-2015, 10:05 AM
I used the Pledge on the bike. Tupperware and windshield. Looked pretty darn good even though the pledge did not do as easy a job on removing bug guts from the windshield as plexus.

Then I drove the bike to work this morning in the dark.....

Holy diffraction distortion batman! The pledge left a residue that severely diffracts headlights etc into long smears of light. VERY hard to see through.

So while it did a very nice job on the tupperware, just as good as the Chemical Guys V07 detailer I normally use if a bit more work, the results on the windshield were pretty poor compared to the Plexus. I will need to thoroughly re-clean my windshield tonight to remove the Pledge residue.

Just thought others should know as a back to back comparison. I'll leave the Pledge to the furniture that I don't have to look through. No harm done, but lesson learned. I am back to Plexus for the windsheild and Chemical Guys V07 detail spray. Turtlewax ICE for wax.

cognaccruiser
03-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Good to know about Pledge on the windscreen even though I'm a fan of Plexus on the windscreen and won't change.

When being lazy I find the Honda spray wax and cleaner as good as anything on the Tupperware although I do have a number of more exotic waxes than will last much longer. They just take more effort. I keep my stuff clean but find I'm not quite as enthusiastic as I used to be. Chemical Guys do make good stuff.

Gary