PDA

View Full Version : CHECKED MY BATTERY TODAY

oldguyinTX
03-22-2015, 09:15 PM
The RT has been sleeping for four months now. I got the Wiredux plug-in voltage tester in yesterdays' mail, hustled right out to the garage to unplug the battery tender, poked the tester into the 12v outlet in the rear trunk & it registered 13.5 volts. Not bad for a winter's hibernation. Now, if we can get that rain forecast for next week & 55 degree temp, maybe the snow will GO AWAY and the calcium chloride will be washed off of the roads. Looks to be about mid April here to start getting some rides in. Well, there is still the ceiling to paint...... I hate painting.:bdh::bdh:

Chupaca
03-22-2015, 09:18 PM
followed by a big let down. Hope your weather clears soon and you can load test your battery and bug out....:yes::yes:

Ben Burped
03-22-2015, 09:59 PM
When you are able to get out, have your battery checked professionally. The voltage ( surface voltage ) means very little in the total scheme of things. The voltage may look very good even when you have a failed cell in the battery. This is from someone who has been dealing with this type of battery for decades.

jaherbst
03-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Almost too hot to ride here in Tucson. 85 degrees. Sorry!:joke:

Jack

PMK
03-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Almost too hot to ride here in Tucson. 85 degrees. Sorry!:joke:

Jack

Warming up here too. Yesterday we rode a Poker Run sponsored by my wifes work. Nice event, good time, raised a bunch of money for a great cause.

I did hear last night it was over 90f during the day while riding.

The previous day, we took a 40 ride to the Autogeek car show. Visited with auto care products vendors, checked out some very nice cars. Sadly saw a mid 50's Vette and early Challenger crashed pretty good by a modern car at the intersection entering the show.

Saturday was pretty toasty while outside at the show...no clouds and bright sunshine.

PK