PDA

View Full Version : Grip Puppies?

SSG Bean
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
I've ridden about 300mi now, and absolutely love it! However, I think I'm going to have to do something about the stock grips. I just bought my Spyder and cold weather gear, so I can't spend much for new grips right now. I think I'll wait till spring to get some from xoprodox or get the universal grips from kury, but I've read several posts that mention Grip Puppies. I've looked online without much luck. I was looking for a major retailer that sold them, or a similar product. I even checked ebay and came up empty. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can go online to get a set? I'd appreciate any feedback.:thumbup:

mrb
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING,
www.casporttouring.com

I am very happy with mine. An easy simple fix.:thumbup:

Latemarch
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
:agree:

aubierules
11-19-2008, 01:59 PM
I've ridden about 300mi now, and absolutely love it! However, I think I'm going to have to do something about the stock grips. I just bought my Spyder and cold weather gear, so I can't spend much for new grips right now. I think I'll wait till spring to get some from xoprodox or get the universal grips from kury, but I've read several posts that mention Grip Puppies. I've looked online without much luck. I was looking for a major retailer that sold them, or a similar product. I even checked ebay and came up empty. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can go online to get a set? I'd appreciate any feedback.:thumbup:

i bought the grip puppies but didnt like them..they made the grip too big and hurt my hands...they did make the numbeness take longer to happen, but still happened....i bought some all foam replacement grips...much smaller and my hands dont go to sleep now....they were always going to sleep on every bike i had, and NO it wasnt because my grip was too tight...

LRCulpepper
11-19-2008, 03:38 PM
just llooked at the website for grip pups and there seems to be 2 sizes one for 1" bars and one for 7/8" bars my eyes arnt good enough to see 1/8" difference anyone know what size to order?

mrb
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
just llooked at the website for grip pups and there seems to be 2 sizes one for 1" bars and one for 7/8" bars my eyes arnt good enough to see 1/8" difference anyone know what size to order?
Order the 7/8" ones - I did and they fitted fine.:thumbup:

TONI
04-16-2009, 09:08 PM
i bought the grip puppies but didnt like them..they made the grip too big and hurt my hands...they did make the numbeness take longer to happen, but still happened....i bought some all foam replacement grips...much smaller and my hands dont go to sleep now....they were always going to sleep on every bike i had, and NO it wasnt because my grip was too tight...

I've been searching posts for info on the grip puppies thinking they might reduce the vibration and happened across this from Aubierules. Where do you get the all foam replacement grips?

Trickie Dick
04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I bought mine at casporttouring.com and I like them alot. I have big hands so that is not an issue with me. I can see where a person with smaller hands might be uncomfortable. I think they were only about 9-10 bucks and easy to install so not a big investment to try them.

TONI
04-17-2009, 09:37 AM
On the casporttouring.com site in addition to the grip puppies they also have
Sunline Grand Touring Grips - are those the ones you bought? Do they just fit over the stock grips or you have to remove the stock?

aubierules
04-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Sunline Grand Touring Grips - are those the ones you bought? Do they just fit over the stock grips or you have to remove the stock?
I BOUGHT GRIP PUPPIES..JUST SLIDE OVER ORIGINAL GRIP...TOO BIG FOR ME

ataDude
04-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Sunline grips... I found and posted them months ago and absolutely love them:

Clicky: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45212&postcount=53

crazycanuck
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
I put on the brp grips along with the end caps and I like them...the new grips give me a way better feel when lifting my wheels off the ground:lecturef_smilie:

TONI
04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
atadude - thanks for the reply and the link to your previous post.
Couple questions:

1. Do these grips slide over the stock or do they replace the stock. If so, is this a big job?

2. Looks like you have a throttlelock, what brand and how do you like it?

3. Would the throttlemeiser work with these grips? It looks like they have end pieces as part of the grips themself???

Sorry for all the questions:bowdown:.

Toni

ataDude
04-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Reply to your PM is there.

Couple questions:

1. Do these grips slide over the stock or do they replace the stock. If so, is this a big job?

3. Would the throttlemeiser work with these grips? It looks like they have end pieces as part of the grips themself???

Toni

SSG Bean
04-18-2009, 10:06 AM
In case you haven't decided yet, I did end up with a set of Grip Puppies and I think they made a great difference. I also put a throttle rocker on at the same time and that relaxed my throttle hand tremendously. So I guess I can't say exactly which piece was more useful in helping my hands. Neither one was a bad purchase and they didn't cost that much anyway.

ataDude
04-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi, Toni.

1. They <edit: Sunline grips> replace the stock grips. If you have an air compressor, you can simply "blow" the old ones off by inserting the nozzle between the grip and the handlebars. If not, they can be removed by inserting a slim screwdriver between the grips and bars... then squirting a little WD40 in. Be careful on the throttle side as the grip is glued to a plastic throttle sleeve... can be damaged.

2. That is a Vista Cruise for a Yahama... also available from CA Sport Turing. See my thread in the "My Spyder Mods" forum... page one or two, don't recall which. Instructions on how to install are there.

3. Throttlemeister will not work with the Sunline grips.

Couple questions:

Toni

Trumpybob
04-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Hi, Toni.

1. They replace the stock grips. If you have an air compressor, you can simply "blow" the old ones off by inserting the nozzle between the grip and the handlebars. If not, they can be removed by inserting a slim screwdriver between the grips and bars... then squirting a little WD40 in. Be careful on the throttle side as the grip is glued to a plastic throttle sleeve... can be damaged.

2. That is a Vista Cruise for a Yahama... also available from CA Sport Turing. See my thread in the "My Spyder Mods" forum... page one or two, don't recall which. Instructions on how to install are there.

3. Throttlemeister will not work with the Sunline grips.

The following is from the California Sport touring website:-

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: You do not need an air compressor. Just apply soapy water
to the inside of the Grip Puppies™ and slide them over your existing grips. Then enjoy the ride!
Bob

ataDude
04-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Bob - we were't talking about the Grip Puppies. Subject was the other Sunline grips.

The following is from the California Sport touring website:-

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: You do not need an air compressor. Just apply soapy water
to the inside of the Grip Puppies™ and slide them over your existing grips. Then enjoy the ride!
Bob

swrafey2000
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
If you want less vibrations,casportouring also sells a bar snake that goes inside your handle bars.Also before anyone ask,yes the bars are one piece and are hollow all the way through.

Trumpybob
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Bob - we were't talking about the Grip Puppies. Subject was the other Sunline grips.
Sorry about that. Put it down to Oldtimers or a Pink Floyds Momentary Lapse of Reason
Bob

ataDude
04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Oh, no problem. I have those attacks on a daily basis.

Sorry about that. Put it down to Oldtimers or a Pink Floyds Momentary Lapse of Reason
Bob