PDA

View Full Version : My leaky bag

Bensonoid
03-22-2015, 10:38 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104048&stc=1After suffering w/ a leaky suspension last season I removed the air bag and found that the pushlock fitting on the bag was leaking. I replaced it with an "easy align" compression fitting and added a gauge. No more leaks :yes:. Now I can move on to replacing my worn out stock tire that only has 4200 mi. on it with my new yoko S drive.

SpyderAnn01
03-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Good job, except that when you fix things like this yourself BRP will never know that there was an issue. I believe that all things warranty related should be handled by the dealer so that BRP is aware of problems and will hopefully fix them.

Chupaca
03-22-2015, 10:50 AM
:agree: your fix is great but agree you should at least send it along to brp. They may incorporate it in the future but would at least know whats going on. We ar, after all, the final test for all products...:thumbup:

Bensonoid
03-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Ann, I agree. I told my dealer that the bag leaked, He told me they all do it and I need to have the compressor system installed. I thought while I was searching for another dealer I would fix it myself and get it over with. I also included this in my complaint to NHTSA along with the heat issue. I have a shop full of tools that I have to use once in a while.

Marker
03-22-2015, 12:16 PM
AWESOME Fix !! Really like the gauge install.:firstplace::bowdown::bowdown: