PDA

View Full Version : Americade June 1-6 2015

bigsmoke
03-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Just curious,
Any many Spyder riders are planning to attend Americade this coming June.
My registration is all ready in for the week, I will be riding north from Connecticut,
would love to meet with other Spyder riders either on the way up or at Lake George.
The Best Western in Lake George has a rate of $113. which is not bad considering.

bscrive
03-22-2015, 10:12 AM
We were going to go to Americade, but with our Canadian dollar doing so bad we decided that we will go back to Lake George for Spyderquest. We have been to Americade several times and there really isn't anything we need there, but you never know what could happen. Last time we were there, there was a lot of Spyders around but my wife left hers at home and we just rode on my Valk.

rnet
03-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Some of the SpyderQuest team will be there checking out some new rides for this years event. We will also be checking some things out for the 2016 SpyderQuest, We will be staying at Moose Hillock Campgrounds, the host campgrounds for this years event.:yes:

bigsmoke
03-22-2015, 11:00 AM
We were going to go to Americade, but with our Canadian dollar doing so bad we decided that we will go back to Lake George for Spyderquest. We have been to Americade several times and there really isn't anything we need there, but you never know what could happen. Last time we were there, there was a lot of Spyders around but my wife left hers at home and we just rode on my Valk.
I hear ya re: the Canadian dollar, with the barrel of oil at $43. not a good thing for the Loonie.
I will also be going the the Spyder Odessy weekend scheduled for mid August, this is just north of Quebec city.
Gotta get my French Spyder moments like food, wine & beer plus all the great rides in Charlevois.

bigsmoke
03-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Some of the SpyderQuest team will be there checking out some new rides for this years event. We will also be checking some things out for the 2016 SpyderQuest, We will be staying at Moose Hillock Campgrounds, the host campgrounds for this years event.:yes:
good I will be looking out for you, we met last summer at your shop.

jiment
03-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Just curious,
Any many Spyder riders are planning to attend Americade this coming June.
My registration is all ready in for the week, I will be riding north from Connecticut,
would love to meet with other Spyder riders either on the way up or at Lake George.
The Best Western in Lake George has a rate of $113. which is not bad considering.

Hi, I'll be riding from Seymour on 5/31... staying at Sleep Inn Suites on Rt 9 in Queensbury until 6/4... I usually leave about mid day riding up Rte 8 and taking my usual all back roads trip (173 miles) ...... what dates will you be traveling?... would love to meet up and travel with you if it works out..... jim

Bob L
03-22-2015, 01:30 PM
We'll be heading up on 5/30 from Massachusetts. We have a large group of Red Knights that stay at the Bay Front Cottages north of town. Always a good time, have been going since the mid 1990's but this will be our first Americade with the Spyder. Very much looking forward to it!

Bob

bigsmoke
03-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi, I'll be riding from Seymour on 5/31... staying at Sleep Inn Suites on Rt 9 in Queensbury until 6/4... I usually leave about mid day riding up Rte 8 and taking my usual all back roads trip (173 miles) ...... what dates will you be traveling?... would love to meet up and travel with you if it works out..... jim
My plan is to leave early June 1st, I have reservations that evening at the Best
Western in Lake George, My spyder is a 2009 GS yellow, with LED lights on the front fenders,
Will be riding up route 22, then making my why up to Rt 4

bscrive
03-22-2015, 07:07 PM
I hear ya re: the Canadian dollar, with the barrel of oil at $43. not a good thing for the Loonie.
I will also be going the the Spyder Odessy weekend scheduled for mid August, this is just north of Quebec city.
Gotta get my French Spyder moments like food, wine & beer plus all the great rides in Charlevois.

We will be at Spyder Odyssey as well. Couldn't pass up a Spyder event in our own country. We will see you there.

rnet
03-22-2015, 07:48 PM
We will be at Spyder Odyssey as well. Couldn't pass up a Spyder event in our own country. We will see you there.Do you guys speak French, if so you can be our translator, I will be there also.

bmccaffrey
03-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Thinking of trying Americade this year.
Found spyderquest to be some what boring.
Lack of vendors. September in upstate for weather sucks as does June.
Lived here all my life.
I would rather see more getting together and more vendors.
Like to ride and can do anytime.
Would like to see more personnel.

JMO
Sorry

jiment
03-22-2015, 09:14 PM
We'll be heading up on 5/30 from Massachusetts. We have a large group of Red Knights that stay at the Bay Front Cottages north of town. Always a good time, have been going since the mid 1990's but this will be our first Americade with the Spyder. Very much looking forward to it!

Bob

Also my first year on the Spyder.... going since 1998.... what a great time..I'll keep an eye out for Red Knight riders jackets .... I'll be on CT L8R-G8R and walking the main street on Monday knight with the crowd as usual ...jim

jiment
03-22-2015, 09:21 PM
My plan is to leave early June 1st, I have reservations that evening at the Best
Western in Lake George, My spyder is a 2009 GS yellow, with LED lights on the front fenders,
Will be riding up route 22, then making my why up to Rt 4

I'll keep an eye out for yellow 09 GS with front LEDs .... I usually stay at the Best Western but am trying something new this year ... I'll drive home on Thursday am... when will you be driving home? .... I'll be on a silver/black 13rs ct plate L8R-G8R.. ride safe jim

Kwalsh
03-22-2015, 09:45 PM
I am probably heading up Thursday and Friday , I will be staying at my camp off exit 16 though and riding up everyday, far enough away when I get tired of all the traffic but close enough to make it worth it, I will be riding my 08 gs - unless I can get a good deal on a new st

Cleg
03-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Thinking of trying Americade this year.
Found spyderquest to be some what boring.
Lack of vendors. September in upstate for weather sucks as does June.
Lived here all my life.
I would rather see more getting together and more vendors.
Like to ride and can do anytime.
Would like to see more personnel.

JMO
Sorry

:yikes:...sorry to see that you were disappointed with the 2014 Spyderquest event. That event, which was born from the SITA event in 2012, has grown significantly. There is a core group of organizers from around the area that meet and do the best we can. The event is "for the rides" and has been that way since the beginning. Having vendors is a plus but is a major undertaking to coordinate. We are working to get more. You say you want to see more personnel...well :agree:...sign up and come on board to help out. The more the merrier. Send me a PM if interested...we can :chat: about it. Ryde my friend, ryde on...

bmccaffrey
03-23-2015, 08:31 PM
:yikes:...sorry to see that you were disappointed with the 2014 Spyderquest event. That event, which was born from the SITA event in 2012, has grown significantly. There is a core group of organizers from around the area that meet and do the best we can. The event is "for the rides" and has been that way since the beginning. Having vendors is a plus but is a major undertaking to coordinate. We are working to get more. You say you want to see more personnel...well :agree:...sign up and come on board to help out. The more the merrier. Send me a PM if interested...we can :chat: about it. Ryde my friend, ryde on...

Last year i had sway bar installed along with lazer alignment. love it no regrets but took a day to do it. Couldn't ride that day so took me and my wife 1/2hr to go through vendors.
I know sponsors are free. Open to local vendors for a fee . $50.00 for weekend money goes to club and draws interestfor the people. lot of people going into town and shop for spyder stuff (walmart)spyderman stuff. Get local vendors to come (fee) ton of them in lake george. Advertise for them. Money to be made.
JMO

bscrive
03-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Do you guys speak French, if so you can be our translator, I will be there also.

Sorry Ron,

We don't speak French very well. Strange considering my parents were born and raised in Quebec. They both spoke French and English fluently without accents, but never taught it to us and figured we would never need it. I have also worked in Quebec for the last 22 years but don't need it it for my job.

Most Quebecers that will be there will be able to speak english, though.

Brian