PDA

View Full Version : Short Windshield

Cruising RT
03-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Test drove the 2015 RT Special on Tuesday. Nice ride. Bike had a 16 1/2" windshield and I was surprised how well the wind was deflected. With the windshield being shorter this actually stayed out of direct eye level site. Does anyone know if the shorter windshield would fit over RT models?

nakerr
03-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Test drove the 2015 RT Special on Tuesday. Nice ride. Bike had a 16 1/2" windshield and I was surprised how well the wind was deflected. With the windshield being shorter this actually stayed out of direct eye level site. Does anyone know if the shorter windshield would fit over RT models?

Should work. A larger screen will fit onto the RT-S so the short screen should go the other way.

blacklightning
03-20-2015, 01:29 PM
This is the info. that I have been searching for. I was told that the stock RT windshield was 23". So, with that being said, sounds like I would be fine with the short windshield for the summer months. Thanks, no one else was able to give me a height on this.

garageguy
03-23-2015, 11:19 AM
On my 2015 RT-S SS I bought a California Sciences touring windshield. Big difference and no buffeting the shorty stock shield doesn't cut it for long rides and I'm 6'4"

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

blacklightning
03-23-2015, 01:04 PM
On my 2015 RT-S SS I bought a California Sciences touring windshield. Big difference and no buffeting the shorty stock shield doesn't cut it for long rides and I'm 6'4"

I wish you were a little closer so I could take that off your hands. My plans right now are to cut my stock height windshield down. If you are interested in selling, and the shipping isn't too great, let me know. I might be interested.

garageguy
03-23-2015, 09:38 PM
No thanks I'd like to keep both on hand

blacklightning
03-24-2015, 08:35 AM
No thanks I'd like to keep both on hand

I agree with you there. Even though I am looking for a shorter windshield, I still want to keep my taller one for around October - March.

garageguy
03-24-2015, 08:44 AM
California Scientific sells a tinted shortie 21"H
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/SpyderRTprod.html