PDA

View Full Version : front speakers 2013 st

Train
03-19-2015, 12:41 PM
What speakers can i get that will fit in the factory space for my spyder? I want something other than factory.
PS: I am new to this

CUSTOM STS
04-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Hi there. I wasn't too happy with the fact that you could only get small 4 in speakers in the hole so i made the hole a lil bigger so i could fit 5.25 kicker speakers with an alpine amp and its loud even at 70 mph. Even some bikers riding with me can here the music.104680

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Hi there. I wasn't too happy with the fact that you could only get small 4 in speakers in the hole so i made the hole a lil bigger so i could fit 5.25 kicker speakers with an alpine amp and its loud even at 70 mph. Even some bikers riding with me can here the music.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104680&stc=1

I have recommended the JBL ...GTO 428's ( they are -- 2 OHM's --) to STS owner's because they will fit easily..................Buuuuuuut if you got those 5 1/4 inch Kickers' in then the JBL ...GTO 528's would also fit ......and they are --- 2 OHM speakers ___so an AMP will not be necessary...........just sayin..........The only place I know where you can still get them is E-Bay......................good luck ......Mike :thumbup:

mstella101
04-02-2015, 10:16 AM
So what did you do to modify the panel- not just circumference but depth-there sure isn't a lot of room there! btw looks great- is there a cover or are they exposed( hope that last part question doesn't sound dumb) thx

SpyderRx
04-02-2015, 02:19 PM
I have recommended the JBL ...GTO 428's ( they are -- 2 OHM's --) to STS owner's because they will fit easily..................Buuuuuuut if you got those 5 1/4 inch Kickers' in then the JBL ...GTO 528's would also fit ......and they are --- 2 OHM speakers ___so an AMP will not be necessary...........just sayin..........The only place I know where you can still get them is E-Bay......................good luck ......Mike :thumbup:
I installed the JBL gto 428 after reading back through your post and I'm not very pleased with them. I cannot hear them real good at highway speed. I do wear a full face helmet but I may try out the 5.25" speakers.

CUSTOM STS
04-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I installed the JBL gto 428 after reading back through your post and I'm not very pleased with them. I cannot hear them real good at highway speed. I do wear a full face helmet but I may try out the 5.25" speakers.

Definitely worth it. I use a full helmet myself. I crank it up halfway and im good. Plus my exhaust is a bit loud and still can hear the music. Im curious when I install the cat delete if it will affect me hearing the music at halfway levels but I will let you know. Keep in mind that most speakers come with 4 tabs to screw down the speaker but other speakers have the 4 holes built in the speaker ring. If you look closely to my pic, I had to cut down 2 of the tabs to get the speaker to fit perfect. I was still able to bolt down in new holes and nothing rattles. A lil bit of cotton fill inside behind the speaker helped in the sound a lil. Sounds deeper with cotton.

SpyderRx
04-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Definitely worth it. I use a full helmet myself. I crank it up halfway and im good. Plus my exhaust is a bit loud and still can hear the music. Im curious when I install the cat delete if it will affect me hearing the music at halfway levels but I will let you know. Keep in mind that most speakers come with 4 tabs to screw down the speaker but other speakers have the 4 holes built in the speaker ring. If you look closely to my pic, I had to cut down 2 of the tabs to get the speaker to fit perfect. I was still able to bolt down in new holes and nothing rattles. A lil bit of cotton fill inside behind the speaker helped in the sound a lil. Sounds deeper with cotton.
What was the model of the kickers?

CUSTOM STS
04-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Kicker 40CS54 these are 2 way with an alpine KTP-445U. The amp is a 4 channel but i bridged it to 2 channel which brought the speakers down from 4 ohms to 2 ohms.

SpyderRx
04-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Kicker 40CS54 these are 2 way with an alpine KTP-445U. The amp is a 4 channel but i bridged it to 2 channel which brought the speakers down from 4 ohms to 2 ohms.
Did you try the speakers without the amp just on the factory system?

CUSTOM STS
04-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Did you try the speakers without the amp just on the factory system?

My model didn't come with an amp nor speakers.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-02-2015, 11:13 PM

I didn't think it was possible to change the OHM rating of speakers ? ? ?............Mike :thumbup:

CUSTOM STS
04-03-2015, 06:06 AM
I didn't think it was possible to change the OHM rating of speakers ? ? ?............Mike :thumbup:

This is the information the tech from Crutchfield gave me. These kicker speakers are able to be bridged to 2 ohms. I tried them at 4 ohms and bridged and noticed a deeper thump at bridged so I assume the tech was telling me the truth. Its been almost a year now and the speakers keep thumping. :yes::ohyea:

Train
04-08-2015, 12:48 PM
What speakers can i get that will fit in the factory space for my spyder? I want something other than factory.
PS: I am new to this

OK thanks for your help I will look into the 51/4 kickers