PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on MC Vehicle Recovery System for Theft Deterrent

msbluebells
03-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi Forum Members. For my Allstate Insurance I need a Vehicle Recovery System for their lowest insurance prices. Does anyone have experience with one of these. Which do you recommend? What is the approximate price? Has this worked well? Thanks Bunches Everyone. Happy Riding.

cuznjohn
03-19-2015, 11:19 AM
there are some out there that track your bike or car through GPS but the one that is best known is lojack, go to a alarm shop for cars and see what they offer

Deanna777
03-19-2015, 11:19 AM
What model of spyder do you have?

You did not mention what spyder model you have in your post.

Deanna

ARtraveler
03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
A tad off topic...but...

You might mention that the :spyder2: is chip equipped and will not start without the proper key. This is somewhat of a theft deterrent.

stevedfive
03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
http://ridescorpio.com/ride/

jcthorne
03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
I have lojack on my GT as required by my insurance. They have been good to deal with and the system does work because the police have the system to track. Early warning works too. Key fobs need a new battery twice a year. Lojack has been around a while.

sduskin
03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
for Progressive Ins., the savings on the policy was no where near the cost of the Lojack and the monthly fee.

ahh-cool
03-19-2015, 04:34 PM
for Progressive Ins., the savings on the policy was no where near the cost of the Lojack and the monthly fee.

Monthly fee?
what is the monthly fee?

SpyderAnn01
03-19-2015, 05:33 PM
The mode button should be sufficient to ward off most thieves.

Dragonfly
03-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Hi Forum Members. For my Allstate Insurance I need a Vehicle Recovery System for their lowest insurance prices. Does anyone have experience with one of these. Which do you recommend? What is the approximate price? Has this worked well? Thanks Bunches Everyone. Happy Riding.

Since you did not mention the level of VRS, take a look at the Trackr. I added a Trackr to my Spyder from https://www.thetrackr.com/ through Rider Insurance. The cost is less than $30.00 for the chip without monthly reoccurring charges.

Deanna777
03-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi Forum Members. For my Allstate Insurance I need a Vehicle Recovery System for their lowest insurance prices. Does anyone have experience with one of these. Which do you recommend? What is the approximate price? Has this worked well? Thanks Bunches Everyone. Happy Riding.Sent PM Deanna

jcthorne
03-19-2015, 05:50 PM

There is no monthly fee for Lojack. Its a one time charge, including installation, service and warranty for the life of the vehicle. The discount on the insurance is every policy period so it adds up. For me, there was no option, it was install one or go elsewhere for the policy.

jcthorne
03-19-2015, 05:53 PM
The mode button should be sufficient to ward off most thieves.

You obviously have less determined thieves there......:pray:

Chupaca
03-19-2015, 06:07 PM
does anyone know or is there any record of the number of spyders stolen. I have not seen any or heard of an....:dontknow: the real question is what will the insurance company accept if not lojack...:dontknow:

Deanna777
03-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Before I got insurance on my 2014RTS-SE6 :ani29: the insurance Co(GEICO) asked if their were any Anti-Theft Devices on the :ani29:, I said yes, it does have an Anti-Theft Device. Deanna

finless
03-20-2015, 11:38 AM
http://ridescorpio.com/ride/

That's pretty cool!

Make me think that BRP could easily enable this kind of thing!
Almost all the data that Scorpio thing captures is already in the Spyder's computer EXCEPT GPS location.
And you do not have to add sensors on the wheels etc. The Spyder already has them!

It would be great if BRP implemented a Bluetooth or Wifi connection to allow an APP to read this data and provide the user with statistics!

As far as GPS location, this might be a add on if you get a GPS..

Interesting idea....

Bob