PDA

View Full Version : Se5 verse sm5

jima
03-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Hi all I have a 2013 sts se5 and my wife what's to ride now so thinking about getting a rt s limited sm5 1) are they hard to drive 2) are they a smooth as my se5 and if it was you would consider a sm5 do to cost . Thanks for all you help

ARtraveler
03-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi all I have a 2013 sts se5 and my wife what's to ride now so thinking about getting a rt s limited sm5 1) are they hard to drive 2) are they a smooth as my se5 and if it was you would consider a sm5 do to cost . Thanks for all you help

Just a quick check. The ltd versions of the RT come standard with an SE5 or SE6 depending on year purchased. You have to go with a lesser model to get the SM5 or SM6--depending on year.

Cost difference is about $1,500 bucks.

Those that drive the SM version like them a lot. I have had both flavors of :spyder2: and do not miss having to manually change gears. Those with SM versions claim less mechanical issues. Here, I have not had any issues with the SE versions.

Colin
03-16-2015, 04:31 PM
The manual is not too difficult to ride, I have had both versions, and I have no preference either way, its more about
the Spyder I like/want rather than transmission. Gear change is as smooth as the rider makes it, my SM5 ST is fine,
and have ordered an F3 SM6 as that is the only way to get a Black one.
RTS Ltd SM5??? Not sure which model you mean. But if I was looking at an RT and didn't want to blow the Budget, I would look
at 2014 RT Comfort SM6. A lot cheaper than an RTS or RT LTD, yes it is manual, but you still get radio, heated rider grips, and cruise control.
Not sure on your prices over there but and RT Comfort in New Zealand is 10k cheaper than an RTS

Chupaca
03-16-2015, 06:54 PM
who gets what..?? Will she be getting the se5 and you the sm5..?? Have either ryden a manual..?? No manual experience the se5 will be easier. For the fun and thrill the sm5 is the way to go (for me anyway)....:thumbup: