View Full Version : Northwest Florida, Lower Alabama Spyder Riders

kalavera
11-17-2008, 12:05 AM
So I figure there are at least 5 in the area:

sabunim5 in Gulf Breeze (Silver Spyder)
wbbrn1952 in Pensacola (Silver Spyder)
shunkmanitu in Alabama (Red Spyder)
Me Kalavera in Pensacola (Red Spyder)
my wife "Littlebit"(she hadnt signed on here yet) in Pensacola (Silver Spyder)

I remember seeing a Silver Spyder off of Hwy 98 at a Dr's Office and another Silver one at Energy Systems and another at the VA. Unless those belong to someone I already mentioned there are 3 more Spyder Riders in the area. Anyone wanna meet up of hang at one of the Bike nites? If one Spyder catches the eyes of a lotta people, imagine if 4 or us rode in together...

effgjamis
11-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey.... if we can meet in a half way area I am for the ride and possibly we can get Sleepman also, but he is further south from me... I am in the Kissimmee, Fl area, just south of Orlando.

sabunim5
11-26-2008, 03:39 PM
kalavera - sent you a PM about getting together

kalavera
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I heard a rumor there will be two spyders in Pensacola's Christmas Parade. :clap:

kalavera
12-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Saturday December 13 at 5:30 PM, Pensacola's Christmas Parade.

There is supposed to be a couple of Spyders in the Procession

kalavera
12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
THE PARADE VIDEO.........we are at the 20:45 mark

http://www.wkrg.com/local/article/2008_pensacola_christmas_parade/21929/

TONI
12-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I just bought a Red 08 Spyder 2 days ago. We live in Seminole AL which is right across the state line from Pensacola out Hiway 90.

FANG
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
To all Northwest Fl and Lower Alabama :spyder:ryders - Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would really like to see all of us get together after the Holidays and have a :spyder:ryde to a location we can decide on and have lunch together.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/elve-089.gif
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/santa-107.gif

shunkmanitu
12-27-2008, 04:49 PM
I just bought a Red 08 Spyder 2 days ago. We live in Seminole AL which is right across the state line from Pensacola out Hiway 90.

We have the place at the end of Strawberry LN off Greek Cemetary RD. Look for the "No Trespassing" with the "one shot - one kill" bullseye drawn on it. Spending more and more time out there, will be fully moved soon.

shunkmanitu
01-01-2009, 02:36 AM
I did not make it, got my first real cold in a couple of years and just did not have enough UMPH left yesterday morning to do it! Besides, the cold gave me an excuse to drink to much fluid and I paid the price during dialysis, it was better with my BP bottoming out that I allowed Sunkawakanwi to drive me to and from the treatment. I am still getting the rapid fire sneezes and some coughing but feel a lot better.

That is why I am up at two AM, having just put a large pork loin in the oven at 225F to roast till five AM or so. Spent much of the evening just resting and dozing so woke to toast the new year with a homemade Sarsaparilla. Pensacola uses nearly as many fireworks on New Years as on Independence Day. It smells like the Chinese New Year in San Francisco remembered from my younger days. The started a "Pelican" drop this year, a new city tradition in the making. Big silver bird with a lot of lights fluttered down over Palafox at midnight. Along with the firecrackers and skyrockets there was a lot of evenly spaced pops from various semi-auto weapons being air fired at midnight. Will check the news tomorrow to see what got hit with falling lead.

Tomorrow Carolyn will prepare some cornbread and probably some greens to go with the pork roast and Black-Eyed-Beans for a lucky New Year southern style. The pork will be chilled, sliced, and reheated to go with the rest of the fixin's along with a bit of pan gravy. Will be COOL in the morning but should be clear so will get a First Day Ride in since I missed the one yesterday.