PDA

View Full Version : More To Missouri Then Sypderfest

SpyderDavidson
03-14-2015, 11:41 PM
I can think of a lot of fun reasons to come to Spyderfest, but I can think of even more if you come a few days early or stay a few days later. Attractions around Springfield will keep you busy at least a couple of day. Then OMG you could spend a couple of months here seeing what Missouri has to offer. I have enclosed a link to look at the 2015 Missouri Travel Guide: http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/MaddenMedia/2015-missouri-travel-guide/2014111301/#1 (http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/MaddenMedia/2015-missouri-travel-guide/2014111301/#1)
Since Missouri has what they call "The Ozark Mountains" (really big hills or small mountains). There are hundreds of great twisty, curvy, hilly, gnarly, awesome roads to ride all over the state, several down around Springfield. We have lots of roads that follow the Missouri & Mississippi rivers with beautiful bluffs, even the convergence just North of St Louis. If you can't find beautiful scenery, great roads, friendly people, and awesome food here, you have your eyes closed … Don’t even get me started on the BBQ. St Louis and Kansas City were where BBQ was born, and we have some of the best BBQ in the nation. Don't believe that? Just watch the food channel.

I could write a longer article than you’d have time to read, so I’ll try to keep it simple. Check out the Missouri Travel Guide and if you have any questions ask.

Some of the highlights for you might be interested in are Elephant Rocks, Johnson Shut-Ins, Route 66, White Water Rafting, St Louis Zoo, The Arch, Walt Disney's home town of Marceline with a great Disney museum, Hannibal Home of Mark Twain. Carthage home of Precious Moments. (Really guys, it took my wife three years of me kicking and screaming about not wanting to go to the Precious Moments site. It was so impressive, I've been back twice since, once to take my mother, and I'm looking forward to going back.) A really moving experience.

We have the start of the Pony Express in St. Joe, several outlaws and outlaw hideouts, civil war battle grounds, and did I mention BBQ ... We have more BBQ than you can eat in a life time. Oh, then there's Silver Dollar City and all the entertainment in Branson, lakes and rivers for fishing and boating. I forgot to mention we have some of the best State Parks in the Nation. We continually vote for taxes to support State Taxes to improve our State Parks. The camping is exceptional and we have a lot of parks to chose from. I mentioned Kansas City and St Louis before, but I didn't mention all the things you can do or find there. Check out the link I sent.

I could go on for a long time, but I've listed a few of the top draws. Oh, I almost forgot, The Wineries hundreds of wineries, oh and the Budweiser Brewery, Bush Gardens, and Warm Spring Ranch where the Clydesdales are raised near Boonville, about 20 miles from my house. I could go on for a long time, but I'm running out of time.

Plan your vacation in Missouri and start with or stay for Spyderfest. You will be glad you did. Did I mention the great BBQ?

PrairieSpyder
03-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks for all that info. I have lived in Kansas City and St. Louis County, and have seen many of those sights. For people new to the region, it would be worth checking out more of the sights.

[If you write a longer piece about it, please use a larger type-size.]

ARtraveler
03-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Yes, a lot of good stuff to see in MO. Did a road trip a few years back. Stopped in Springfield to see the big Bass Pro Shop. Did the Branson scene and stayed at Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake.

Loved the Ozark hospitality and still have great memories of the trip. Even picked up a fiddle at a Mountain Music shop. Never got the hang of it though. :roflblack:

Chupaca
03-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Have run across the state three time but on a schedule. It is a place I will stop at when time permits. Love history and there is a lot there...:2thumbs: