PDA

View Full Version : Sent this to Lamonster Garage

Utah Geezer
03-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Sent this to Lamonster Garage today before I heard that Lamont got married today. So I'll post it here and see if I can get an answer. I suspect that Lamont might be too busy to get back to me anytime soon. And I don't blame him.

I installed NBV brackets and footpegs on my 2014 RT today. Took them off my 2011 RT when I sold it. When I installed them on my 2011 RT it was advised to leave the splash pan off the right side to help eliminate some of the heat on the right foot. My question is do I need to put the splash pad back on the 2014 RT or should I just leave it off like I did the 2011. Obviously heat on the right foot isn't an issue anymore but if the splash pad should be in place I would take the time to put it back on. Hope that isn't as confusing as it sounds to me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-15-2015, 12:05 AM
I have a 2014 RT ...I don't think that pan will fit.......and if it does I think will cause more harm than good , because there is no heat coming out on my foot---is there on yours ?????.....Mike :thumbup:

PW2013STL
03-15-2015, 07:13 AM
I installed them on mine and I did not have to remove the pan.

Utah Geezer
03-15-2015, 06:36 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103623&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103624&stc=1

Yep you were right. The pan did not need to be removed. One pin had to be pulled then reinstalled to get the bracket on but I was able to put the pan back on and make it all work. Thanks for the advise. I'm all good to go now and the project is done. Love how it turned out. I used the 20 degree bracket this time instead of the 4 inch bracket and it made a huge difference on how it all feels. Ready for a long ride next weekend.

Going to try to post a few pics of the finished job. Hope it works better than the first time I tried sharing a pic.

I installed them on mine and I did not have to remove the pan.