PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Spyder home

vrider
03-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Today I picked up my Spyder from the dealer. My house is about 10 miles from the dealer but it took my 120 miles to get home. I guess I took the long way home.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the tips you gave me. The most important one was to not put a death grip on the handle bars and relax. When I first took off from the dealer I held the handle bars pretty tight and wow it felt like it was all over the road. As soon as I relaxed a bit and went with the flow it drove like a dream.

One thing I notice right away about riding the Spyder. Everyone looks. Had a family playing basketball stop playing and watch me go by. Harley riders were waving. People walking on the street completely stopped and stared as I went by. Passed several police cars and they waved. This never happened on my two wheel bike. Crazy.

The second thing. My wife went for a ride, we took it to go have dinner and she likes it.

Awesome day with the new Spyder.

one2doo
03-13-2015, 10:16 PM
:congrats:

3 Wheel Rider
03-13-2015, 10:25 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2:. Have a great time riding:trike:

Chupaca
03-13-2015, 11:20 PM
beautiful machine..:2thumbs: you have now been introduced to the "Rock Start" effect of owning and ryding a roadster. Your cheeks were also a bit tired from all the smiles and the ryde home put on the miles. Effect two is.....miles of smiles. Enjoy for soon comes the constant questions....:thumbup:

hdlongrod
03-14-2015, 01:09 AM
Sweet looking trike! :firstplace:

GloryRyders
03-14-2015, 06:53 AM
:congrats: on your new :spyder:! :yes:

ARtraveler
03-14-2015, 02:17 PM
:congrats: on the new :spyder2: Those 100 mile + rides do happen a lot. My quarter mile to the mail box is never less than 50 miles, and most of the time 100+.

Big Mike
03-15-2015, 08:25 AM
I meet the nicest people every time I stop for gas. Almost every time, someone asks me if it's as much fun as it looks. I always enjoy talking to them. Most will have pretty cool stories about bikes they have owned or places they have ridden. Motorcycle riders seem to be a community and I love feeling like a member.:clap: