PDA

View Full Version : A Different Recall Letter

Njspeedmaster
03-11-2015, 10:02 PM
I just received a recall notice on my 2009 GS for the gas cap. They gave photos so I can inspect to see if it needs to be changed.

wyliec
03-11-2015, 10:18 PM
I just received a recall notice on my 2009 GS for the gas cap. They gave photos so I can inspect to see if it needs to be changed.

That recall is about 2 years old. Did you buy your Spyder used?

Chupaca
03-11-2015, 10:20 PM
they did the whole gas cap exchange a while back and mailed them out to all the customers. Guess they forgot you earlybirds...:roflblack:

Vader
03-12-2015, 05:44 AM
I bought mine used, and received the letter as well. As per the detailed instruction, I checked my cap to ensure it was the new version..which it is. Did you contact BRP since you purchased it for any reason? I too am wondering how they knew I puchased the Spyder. But I have contacted them to see if everything that could be updated, was updated.

wyliec
03-12-2015, 05:53 AM
I bought mine used, and received the letter as well. As per the detailed instruction, I checked my cap to ensure it was the new version..which it is. Did you contact BRP since you purchased it for any reason? I too am wondering how they knew I puchased the Spyder. But I have contacted them to see if everything that could be updated, was updated.

At the back of the owner's manual is a form that can be filled out when the spyder is sold. Maybe someone filled it out and sent it in.

Also, BRP may be more vigilant now (with all models) since they are going thru a recall for the 2013RT's, instituted by the NHSTA.

Silvervette05
03-12-2015, 06:23 AM
about 2 years ago BRP sent me a new gas cap for my 08 GS, I have sold it since then. I bet the letter you got was just to
make sure you have the new style cap

billybovine
03-12-2015, 09:01 AM
I think BRP messed up that recall based on the bits and pieces of information I have read.
Not everyone got a gas cap in the mail. A friend got one for his RT. I got a letter telling me to take it to my dealer for new gas cap.
Someone I think figured out that by sending out by mail there is no verification that they got it, replaced the old one and dispossessed of the old one.

Spyder Tony
03-12-2015, 11:10 AM
I have a total of 3 new gas caps for my '08 GS...2 were sent from BRP and 1 replaced by my local dealership when the bike was in for routine service. As others have said, the recall is pretty old, but good to know they are still servicing the older machines under the old service bulletins/recalls.

BeRight
03-12-2015, 02:30 PM
I have a total of 3 new gas caps for my '08 GS...2 were sent from BRP and 1 replaced by my local dealership when the bike was in for routine service. As others have said, the recall is pretty old, but good to know they are still servicing the older machines under the old service bulletins/recalls.

I still have my 08' Spyder - received new gas cap years ago in the mail (don't remember when) - however I also received same recall letter yesterday in the mail (just letter). It appears that they are covering their basis again relative to gas fumes and potential fire.

Kwalsh
03-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I got the letter the other day, I bought it used late last year and will check it when it comes out of storage

coz
03-12-2015, 04:22 PM
got a new gas cap from bob denman, not brp.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...nojoke two years ago.

mxz600
03-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Today I received a gas cap recall letter. Kind of odd because I was mailed a replacement cap a couple of years ago.

Maybe everyone will be getting a letter. Doing a follow up on the original recall.:dontknow:

Njspeedmaster
03-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I bought mine used in November.