PDA

View Full Version : RT 2012 Steering click

gcranor459
03-09-2015, 07:58 PM
After turning from a sharp from a stop I noticed a click and slight grab when turning. The click seams to be in the upper area, nothing is lose, nothing out of line and turns smooth. The clicking sounds only has not happen more than three or four turns and during sharp turns. Any idea?

Cruzr Joe
03-09-2015, 08:04 PM
After turning from a sharp from a stop I noticed a click and slight grab when turning. The click seams to be in the upper area, nothing is lose, nothing out of line and turns smooth. The clicking sounds only has not happen more than three or four turns and during sharp turns. Any idea?

Check your heim links real careful (the links that hold your sway bar) the original plastic ones have had some failures

Cruzr Joe

Don in E Texas
03-10-2015, 08:30 AM
...last year at Spyderfest my brother had the sway bar replaced and one of the links was in two parts!!! His was a 2012 RT-Limited. (Now has a 2014).

Don

2Paw
03-10-2015, 08:37 AM
I had this problem on my 2012 RTS and it was just a loose bolt on one of the hiem links.

Chupaca
03-10-2015, 11:34 AM
if it is in the upper area you could have cable routing causing this. Sharp turns may cause a cable tie to hangup. If you feel it in the bars check all the linkages (which I think you have done). Most loose or broken front end parts tend to be more constant and get progressively worse. If handling is smooth and good keep an eye and an ear on it...:thumbup: