PDA

View Full Version : Brake pad clips

Biosafena
03-08-2015, 02:20 PM
I bought new brake pads from Baja Ron for my 2012 RT and when I went to install them I discovered that one of the spring clips that goes on the back of the pads is broken. I looked inline and it appears that you can't buy just the spring clip. It looks like you have to buy the set of pads to get the clips. Anyone have any ideas???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kmort44
03-08-2015, 04:53 PM
I bought new brake pads from Baja Ron for my 2012 RT and when I went to install them I discovered that one of the spring clips that goes on the back of the pads is broken. I looked inline and it appears that you can't buy just the spring clip. It looks like you have to buy the set of pads to get the clips. Anyone have any ideas???

I just had to do this very same thing. I bought a set of OEM pads on e-Bay which came with new clips. Knowing what I went through and the stress involved with this I'm willing to mail you a couple because I have few extras. If you text me a pic of your clips I can can confirm they are the same as my 2009 GS brake pad clips. Shoot me a PM and I'll respond with my cell number.
Regards,
Kevin Mortensen
AKA kmort44
kmort44@aol.com

GunDoctor
03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Baja Ron? I'd think he would send you a replacement if you received it broken.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Biosafena
03-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Baja Ron? I'd think he would send you a replacement if you received it broken.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Ron doesn't supply the clips with the pads he sells, so not his fault. You need to reuse the factory clips with Ron's pads. When you buy the OEM pads apparently you get new clips.

Biosafena
03-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Here is a pic of the offending spring clip.

Cruzr Joe
03-08-2015, 05:27 PM
I just had to do this very same thing. I bought a set of OEM pads on e-Bay which came with new clips. Knowing what I went through and the stress involved with this I'm willing to mail you a couple because I have few extras. If you text me a pic of your clips I can can confirm they are the same as my 2009 GS brake pad clips. Shoot me a PM and I'll respond with my cell number.
Regards,
Kevin Mortensen
AKA kmort44
kmort44@aol.com

Kmort to the rescue.

Cruzr Joe

Biosafena
03-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Kmort just saved my bacon!! Thanks again!!!

Chupaca
03-08-2015, 10:04 PM
this site is grand...but we really need to find a supplier for those clips. Yours was broken but many have had them disappear into the depths of thier garages never to be found. :banghead:

Highwayman2013
03-08-2015, 10:16 PM
I just did mine a couple weeks ago and one flew into a rag box, it was good to find it but nerve racking until that moment.