PDA

View Full Version : Axle Nut Caps

BRPjunkie
11-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Stopped at my dealer today and he had a pair of axle nut caps for me. He said that BRP sent them a box of them. They are not calling owners, but when bikes come in for service or owners call, they are supplying them at no charge.

ataDude
11-14-2008, 06:50 PM
any pictures?
would like to see what they look like.

axle nut caps?

This way I can get them from my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks!

Click here:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45209&postcount=52

Director
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
any pictures?
would like to see what they look like.

axle nut caps?

This way I can get them from my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks!

Here you go. Excuse the mud. I rode through a construction zone last night and haven't had a chance to clean the Spyder up yet.

ataDude
11-14-2008, 07:17 PM
...Now, should I keep the stock muffler or sell it?

If it were me, I'd keep it. Sooner or later, you may want a new toy... put the stock muffler back on and then sell the Hindle separately. At least, that's what I do.

Over time, you may find a more widespread crackdown on non-stock mufflers regardless of where you are. Another good reason to keep it... particularly in Kalifornia ( I spent 8 years there in the San Fernando Valley and in San Diego. I know how "leading edge" the state can be. :clap:)

Director
11-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks, I will be keeping the stock muffler for sure!

Good idea. I agree with ataDude. I know several Spyder owners who decided the aftermarket pipe was too loud and reverted to the stock pipe. Always nice to have the option to put it back on if you need to for whatever reason.:thumbup:
Cheers,
Bruce

BRPjunkie
11-14-2008, 08:15 PM
After looking at the axle nut caps and wondering why they are different part numbers, the only difference appears to be that the right side has a longer notch in the center post to allow it to slide over the cotter pin on the right side nut. The right side cap will fit on the left side, but the left side cap will not fit on the right side.

kma10-4
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
The info below was from BRP back on 08/29/08,

Spyder Roadsters produced prior to June 2008 were shipped without rear axle caps. We have auto shipped caps
in sufficient quantity to retrofit all Spyder™ GS units delivered to your dealership. These caps have been shipped
and will arrive at your dealership within the next few days. Please install them on your customers Spyder™. If more
caps are required, they may be ordered directly from PAC (Right – 705501022, Left – 70550108108)

info from dealer,info was in the"What's News"letter from brp for that week . info is on the BOSSWEB site so yoiur dealer can find it there

Putt-Putt
11-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Looks like something else I have to check out.

BeRight
11-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm fine with the naked approach on my axle nuts.