PDA

View Full Version : Backup Circuit

chasmyer
03-08-2015, 05:37 AM
I was installing a backup camera on my 2014 RT. Did a pre-test and all worked fine. Went ahead and did the hard wire and when I finished and tested the system it didn't work. Now I've also lost my backup lights. I have 2014 Electrical diagrams from BRP but they don't show the backup light system or fuses. Does anyone know what fuse controls the backup lights and where it is located? TIA

cuznjohn
03-08-2015, 07:43 AM
i installed one on my bike, mine was wireless and i tied it into the reverse lights. when i put it back together it didn't work also. i pulled the rear light again and a wire had come loose.

Doc - Riverside
03-08-2015, 10:31 AM
I was installing a backup camera on my 2014 RT. Did a pre-test and all worked fine. Went ahead and did the hard wire and when I finished and tested the system it didn't work. Now I've also lost my backup lights. I have 2014 Electrical diagrams from BRP but they don't show the backup light system or fuses. Does anyone know what fuse controls the backup lights and where it is located? TIA

The cluster sends 12 VDC to the backup lights. What is the required signal that your system requires? Looks like you grounded out the 12VDC signal. Do your turn signals still work?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103276&stc=1

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-08-2015, 11:38 AM
CAN-BUS ....one of our brothers ( ridesilver2009 )..warned me about my use of LED's ( I haven't had any issues ...yet :thumbup: ). But your problem sounds exactly what He was referring to........I hope it's not your issue ...........Mike :agree:...................PM,," ridesilver2009 ",,,and see if He can help you

finless
03-08-2015, 12:14 PM
The lights are not can-buss. The cluster is and the cluster switches the 12V to the lights.
Like adding any lights or tapping into lights, the issue is the load the cluster sees on the circuit. This is how it detects a burned out bulb. When the load changes you get a fast flash for instance on the turn signals.
Use of resistors to make the cluster see the same load works.

Bob

chasmyer
03-09-2015, 01:38 AM
To all thanks, I was able to locate the issue and thankfully it was an easy fix. Ground wire had one little strand at the backup light touching the hot input grounding it all. I appreciate everyone that offered help!!!

Doc - Riverside
03-09-2015, 07:26 AM
To all thanks, I was able to locate the issue and thankfully it was an easy fix. Ground wire had one little strand at the backup light touching the hot input grounding it all. I appreciate everyone that offered help!!!

Glad it was the short I suspected. Good thing it didn't take out the fuse.