PDA

View Full Version : Serial Posters

ARtraveler
03-05-2015, 11:34 AM
I was reading a Hijack portion in another thread yesterday. The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 5 years and 6 months or so. The daily stats show that I average 10.49 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 11 to my credit. :roflblack::roflblack: With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

IMO: those who are regular posters do have a place on the site. IMO--of course.

What are some of the good things the regulars do for the site?

:ani29:: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
:ani29:: They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the :spyder2: fold.
:ani29:: Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
:ani29:: When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
:ani29:: When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, :pray:'s and condolences are offered.
:ani29:: When good stuff happens with the brand, cheerleaders are welcome.
:ani29:: When bad stuff happens with the brand, we also let them know.
:ani29:: Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
:ani29:: There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non-:spyder2: banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
:ani29:: Occasionally, a troll gets shown the door.
:ani29:: Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
:ani29:: Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

We are fortunate to have the best site in the world for all things :spyder2:.

Kelloggs Corn Flakes :roflblack:

cuznjohn
03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
i really don't see why people would worry about how many posts someone would have. most people are friends with others on the site and sometimes like to banter around, so big deal. and if people have something to say about a problem that was asked or trying to change a subject when a post is going south, BIG DEAL, all comments are welcome

Spyder 42
03-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Some people feel the need of share their thoughts, others feel the need to attack others for sharing what they think. The rest of us make popcorn and watch the show. :popcorn:

BajaRon
03-05-2015, 12:39 PM
There are those who post. And then there are those who count posts. If you're comfortable with the amount of posting that you do (whether it be high or low) then why worry?

There are plenty of really important things to worry about, and I figure there are plenty of people out there already worrying enough to cover all of us. So, I don't see the need to lift that load myself. :ohyea::ohyea:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/11LGN/questioning-my-post-count/image.png

PrairieSpyder
03-05-2015, 12:41 PM
:agree: with you Dwayne.

I didn't see the post(s) you are talking about, but, with my measly 3K+ posts, I may be a serial'r, too!

I never try to hijack a thread, but threads do go off on tangents a lot. But that happens with any group conversation. Someone usually brings it back onto topic eventually. If not, then I presume the topic is played out.

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Good topic and I don't worry about how many posts i make, i just try to enjoy myself on here and learn something, or help someone else.

Cruzr Joe

ThreeWheels
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM
People, people..........
Step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and drink several beers.
For those of you whose post count is higher than your mileage, I say.....it's not my choice to live so much in a fantasy cyber world, but you are more than welcome to post as much or as little as you wish.
For those of you who are upset with people that have high post counts I can only say "Get a life". You are actually upset that someone posts too much? If you're so upset, put that person on your ignore list and you don't even see their posts.

Uh oh. I'm getting annoyed at the posters who are annoyed at the serial posters. I think I need to step away from the keyboard and have some beer. Make that a boilermaker. No....now that I think about it I should get one of those fruity rum drinks with the umbrellas. Maybe I should start a thread with a poll in it so I could get the forum's opinion on what drink I should have?

Thank you Dr. Yes' I'm feeling much better now.
~Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do~

maliamd
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM
I would say that people who criticize "serial posters" need to get a life. Have you read a newspaper lately? Bad stuff going on in the world today and you worry about people posting too much?????? Good grief people.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ba nghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2015, 01:02 PM
People, people..........
For those of you whose post count is higher than your mileage, I say.....it's not my choice to live so much in a fantasy cyber world, but you are more than welcome to post as much or as little as you wish.
For those of you who are upset with people that have high post counts I can only say "Get a life". You are actually upset that someone posts too much? If you're so upset, put that person on your ignore list and you don't even see their posts.

Uh oh. I'm getting annoyed at the posters who are annoyed at the serial posters. I think I need to step away from the keyboard and have some beer. Make that a boilermaker. No....now that I think about it I should get one of those fruity rum drinks with the umbrellas. Maybe I should start a thread with a poll in it so I could get the forum's opinion on what drink I should have?

Hijack on:

Be careful with the little umbrella drinks, for some reason or other they always poke me in the eye.

Cruzr Joe

Hijack off:

Grandpaspeed
03-05-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm new to this site and thanks to most of the posts I have learned a lot about Spyders. I say post away and if I don't like it I will ignore it and not take it personally. We will never please everyone.

I thank all you you for your post and keep them coming. :yes::yes:

trikermutha
03-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Not again :cus:

ARtraveler
03-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Hijack on:

Be careful with the little umbrella drinks, for some reason or other they always poke me in the eye.

Cruzr Joe

Hijack off:

I will have one also. Ever had the straw or umbrella go up your nose when having a drink like that? :roflblack::roflblack:

It usually happens with Mai Tais--at the point where you don't know whose tie it is. :cheers::cheers:

Chupaca
03-05-2015, 03:07 PM
I sure Iam one of those that annoy folks. But here's the thing, my day starts three hours later than most. By then the site is active and I find good threds I feel I can contribute to. So while having my one cup of coffee I post away. Now anyone coming along at that time or shortly after see my handle all over the place and assume I'm one of those and I can't blame them. Not that it matters I don't believe there is any prize at the end of this rainbow. I don't post to threads I can't relate to or know nothing about or even don't like. I do however find it sad to see a thread fall of the leaderboard without a comment. Seems that person was brave enough to post a thread and would hope for a comment. I will post to them even if only encouragement, suggestions, helpful hints or smoething to keep them coming back with confidence...:thumbup:

bscrive
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
The serial posters keep this forum alive. Without them it would be a dead forum. Thank you serial posters!!!! nojoke

By the way, I prefer Raisin Bran. :D

Bob Denman
03-05-2015, 03:19 PM
:agree:

I was planning on staying out of this one... :opps:
But Gene; you drew me out! :banghead: :D

When I joined four and a half years ago; it was a dry and "technical" landscape... :shocked:
Folks seemed afraid to invest anything of themselves in the place, and the conversations seemed largely limited to DPS recall information, gas fumes, squealing rear brakes, and Spyder fires... :yikes:

I came here from an ATV forum that felt like an ongoing un-refereed cocktail party... :cheers::ohyea::yes::dg1::dg2:...So it was quite a change...
Fortunately; the place has "loosened it's tie", over the years, and folks actually talk a bit about themselves, as well as their bikes... :thumbup:
In a place as large and busy as this; I also like to try and make sure that folks know that they're being heard. I'll try to help with the more basic technical stuff; but I feel best at trying to offer encouragement and a hearty welcome to anyone who shows up at the door...
So that's why I'm so noisy! :opps:

coz
03-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Is exactly what is lacking. Longtimers have moved on, or don't post much anymore. Technical content has dropped WAY OFF in the last two years. This technical content is especially important to the folks whose dealer might be hundreds of miles away. Maybe it helps them solve a problem or two on their own. Anymore, this place is a 25 member social club. Hopefully when the weather breaks, and Lamont's life slows down a little, things will improve.

Highwayman2013
03-05-2015, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixNh9L7G5MHijack!

Bob Denman
03-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Is exactly what is lacking. Longtimers have moved on, or don't post much anymore. Technical content has dropped WAY OFF in the last two years. This technical content is especially important to the folks whose dealer might be hundreds of miles away. Maybe it helps them solve a problem or two on their own. Anymore, this place is a 25 member social club. Hopefully when the weather breaks, and Lamont's life slows down a little, things will improve.

Hi Coz,
I agree with you... :thumbup: And that's why exchanging information is so important...

...To pass it on to the next crew of folks who'll need it! nojoke
If I use humor to lighten the mood a bit; it doesn't detract at all from the technical information that is gleaned from a thread.

But you might just have to paw through some of my Bull:cus: to get to it; that's all! :D

ARtraveler
03-05-2015, 04:05 PM

I note that technical questions, when they arise, are usually answered quite quickly. There are still quite a few members that offer excellent advice and expert knowledge on the mechanical aspects of .:spyder2:.

IMO--if all we talked about were spark plugs, oil viscosities, engine tolerances, and such, more people would be driven off.

Most of the longtimers you have referred to above were driven off by hostile troublemakers, and has nothing to do with people being friendly with one another discussing the :ani29:.

bruiser
03-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Most of the longtimers you have referred to above were driven off by hostile troublemakers, and has nothing to do with people being friendly with one another discussing the :ani29:

Yep

Big F
03-05-2015, 04:25 PM
People, people..........

Jack & water is much more relaxing!!! there is a lot better stuff on this site than all of the negative stuff in our local papers and TV. but that's journalism.
BIG F

LEEB
03-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Thanks AK for starting this thread! As I am rather new and didn't have the opportunity to know many of the contributors of the past, I may have missed out on a lot of technical expertise that no longer posts here. But, what I have experienced in the few short months I have joined this forum cannot be replaced. If I were a new Spyder owner and didn't know of or use this forum, I would truly feel isolated and not know any of the things expressed here, that helps the new owner. There is just too much good from this forum that can't be explained. I am thankful to all the posters, especially the 'serial' ones. They are the ones that have made me feel welcome and comfortable. Thanks guys, and you know who you are!!! I would feel a loss if Spyderlovers were not around, and in it's current form. Nothing, or no one is perfect, but dang, this forum is close enough for me!!

Grandpa Pete
03-05-2015, 05:26 PM
FOSTERS, the first name in beer!!!!!!!! my rant is over:D

Bob Denman
03-05-2015, 05:31 PM
In 750 ml cans! :cheers:

SNOOPY
03-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Every forum goes through these same issues.

Every vehicle forum has the same tug-of-war....techies on one side, and people cracking jokes on the other.

I don't see any problem w/ having both.

I'll take the Raisin Bran also.

teacherbob
03-05-2015, 05:34 PM
After reading "The Autobiography Of A Yogi" I have a new philosophy .
Not my circus. Not my monkeys .

Netminder
03-05-2015, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=BajaRon;942843]There are those who post. And then there are those who count posts. If you're comfortable with the amount of posting that you do (whether it be high or low) then why worry?

There are plenty of really important things to worry about, and I figure there are plenty of people out there already worrying enough to cover all of us. So, I don't see the need to lift that load myself. :ohyea::ohyea:
:agree: Ron, lots more important things in life! As long as you are enjoying the ride.:thumbup::thumbup:
J

Dgjason
03-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Guess I'm getting old and sensitive. Love the tech and friendly banter but would sure like for the snarky comments to disappear. I got a little irritated yesterday when someone called me out for posting on the wrong thread when he was wrong and not me. Like I said, I'm sensative. :dg1:Lol....

Dennis

Bob Denman
03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
If everybody would just try to treat everyone else in the manner that they'd want their own Grandmother treated... :thumbup:

pitzerwm
03-05-2015, 06:14 PM
You might be a serial poster if all you post is ":agree:". Under each post there is a "Thank you" and " I like" Where if so inclined you "can agree".

Have run an industry web site myself for 16 years, I've seen it all. This Forum is very valuable, and the people here are the reason. There are many sections that I never look at, as I have no interest or the bike that would not benefit. Apparently I have missed the snarky comments or have just learned to ignore them.

I think that if you have the time and energy to get upset enough about anything here that you want to kick some butt, you need to get a life. I haven't looked but there is probably a "block user" or "ignore a user" button somewhere, so use it if someone pizzes you off.:chill:

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2015, 06:19 PM
If everybody would just try to treat everyone else in the manner that they'd want their own Grandmother treated... :thumbup:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, apparently you did not know my Grandma.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
03-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Is she the one that you wouldn't bet against, in a fair fight? :D :thumbup:

SNOOPY
03-05-2015, 06:46 PM
My grandmothers are dead. :shocked:

So you all going to throw me in a hole and cover me w/ dirt?

I think that has been done. lol

MouthPiece
03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
I had to look and see how many times I've posted over the past 6 years.

Chris

ThreeWheels
03-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Cereal poster:

http://www.mikanet.com/museum/images/frosted_flakes.jpg

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Cereal poster:

http://www.mikanet.com/museum/images/frosted_flakes.jpg

That's GREAT. (from one cereal poster to another) :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2015, 07:23 PM
You might be a serial poster if all you post is ":agree:". Under each post there is a "Thank you" and " I like" Where if so inclined you "can agree".

Have run an industry web site myself for 16 years, I've seen it all. This Forum is very valuable, and the people here are the reason. There are many sections that I never look at, as I have no interest or the bike that would not benefit. Apparently I have missed the snarky comments or have just learned to ignore them.

I think that if you have the time and energy to get upset enough about anything here that you want to kick some butt, you need to get a life. I haven't looked but there is probably a "block user" or "ignore a user" button somewhere, so use it if someone pizzes you off.:chill:

:agree:

finless
03-05-2015, 07:27 PM
OK I will chime in.....

I normally do not get into banter. I am a technical person and like to talk about things that help people or, help me when I need it.

So the banter posts about rides, dolls, dogs, etc do not interest me. BUT I ALSO DO NOT POST IN THOSE THREADS! I leave them alone. I could care less what my post count is! In fact the forums I run have NO "ranking or post count" ratings. It keeps the field level and thwarts those that think more posts mean something!

Now, I have made a few comments about "post whores" recently and yes I think there are a few. Seems they have to post something in EVERY FREAKIN NEW THREAD HERE regardless if they add any value to the post! In fact almost to take the post off subject as to SAY "I am in the CLICK here so I can do this and lets have fun".....
I personally hate that. It detracts from the originals posters question and often times causes banter that pollutes the post so bad, anyone later looking for good technical information gives up! Seriously.... When I came here looking for info as a newbee, 30% of the posts in a tech thread had banter amongst the "Click", that I spent far too much time weeding through that crap than needed....

Then there are the guys and gals that do post a lot but give great info, their opinions and experience, and honestly try to help. They also stay out of posts that "don't apply".... I have noticed that about these people and will say, POST AWAY!

I will say to the OP of this post akspyderman, your one of those people! You post when you know, post when you can help, and post in banter when it works. Your a "contributor here" in my opinion.

Well that's my opinion on this subject.... And yes I have an opinion because sometimes it ticked me off when my post got overrun by banter with the "click".....

Bob

finless
03-05-2015, 07:33 PM
By the way just to add. I don't even post anymore in the "social" posts here because I got tired of being beat up by the social Nazi click here and the "you don't know me" thing.

So social opinions.... well I don't even read that anymore as I know the "click" will kick my ass if I voice my opinion....

Apparently the social club rules for becoming respected here are some VooDoo I do not understand. And to be honest, not sure I want to.

Bob

PrairieSpyder
03-05-2015, 07:40 PM
By the way just to add. I don't even post anymore in the "social" posts here because I got tired of being beat up by the social Nazi click here and the "you don't know me" thing.

So social opinions.... well I don't even read that anymore as I know the "click" will kick my ass if I voice my opinion....

Apparently the social club rules for becoming respected here are some VooDoo I do not understand. And to be honest, not sure I want to.

Bob

I respect you, Bob. And I'll still respect you in the morning!! ;)

finless
03-05-2015, 07:46 PM
I respect you, Bob. And I'll still respect you in the morning!! ;)

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

OK you made me laugh :)

Bob

MouthPiece
03-05-2015, 09:02 PM
OK I will chime in.....

I normally do not get into banter. I am a technical person and like to talk about things that help people or, help me when I need it.

So the banter posts about rides, dolls, dogs, etc do not interest me. BUT I ALSO DO NOT POST IN THOSE THREADS! I leave them alone. I could care less what my post count is! In fact the forums I run have NO "ranking or post count" ratings. It keeps the field level and thwarts those that think more posts mean something!

Now, I have made a few comments about "post whores" recently and yes I think there are a few. Seems they have to post something in EVERY FREAKIN NEW THREAD HERE regardless if they add any value to the post! In fact almost to take the post off subject as to SAY "I am in the CLICK here so I can do this and lets have fun".....
I personally hate that. It detracts from the originals posters question and often times causes banter that pollutes the post so bad, anyone later looking for good technical information gives up! Seriously.... When I came here looking for info as a newbee, 30% of the posts in a tech thread had banter amongst the "Click", that I spent far too much time weeding through that crap than needed....

Then there are the guys and gals that do post a lot but give great info, their opinions and experience, and honestly try to help. They also stay out of posts that "don't apply".... I have noticed that about these people and will say, POST AWAY!

I will say to the OP of this post akspyderman, your one of those people! You post when you know, post when you can help, and post in banter when it works. Your a "contributor here" in my opinion.

Well that's my opinion on this subject.... And yes I have an opinion because sometimes it ticked me off when my post got overrun by banter with the "click".....

Bob

Well you DO post the best "how to videos" on this forum even though you were caught wearing flip flops in one. <smiles>

​Chris

Dan_Ashley
03-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Jack & water is much more relaxing!!! there is a lot better stuff on this site than all of the negative stuff in our local papers and TV. but that's journalism.
BIG F
I had to take a course in college to meet the GE requirements. It was called Health Science 101, I think. Anyway, the professor said that if I drink vodka and I've, I would get my girlfriend pregnant and ruin my life. If I drank whiskey and ice, I would get arrested for an accident while drunk driving and ruin my life. If I drank brandy and ice, I would fall off the bridge on campus and ruin my life. Immediately I gave up ice. nojoke

Highwayman2013
03-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Well you DO post the best "how to videos" on this forum even though you were caught wearing flip flops in one. <smiles>

​ChrisI saw those toes!

bmccaffrey
03-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Common people. Who cares how many times a person post!!!!
I come to the site to read them . if i'm interested. Don't care if the person has 1 or 50000. Holy crap running out of zeros.

Winter has been to long:yikes:

SNOOPY
03-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Yeah, who cares if someone has 4625 posts. :thumbup:

lol

finless
03-05-2015, 09:59 PM

​Chris

I am NOT the only guy that wears flip flops and shorts while working on my Spyder!

Have a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjz2yQZ2lIg

So..... Now what? :popcorn:

By the way, I love how this guy dresses! Same as me.... Same shorts I have!
Cracks me up! :roflblack:

Maybe that is why I like Auzzie's :)

Bob

finless
03-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Yeah, who cares if someone has 4625 posts. :thumbup:

lol

Ummmm....... never mind......
The "click" in my mouse finger started to happen again so I figure.... well..... ;)

Bob

2dogs
03-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Well you DO post the best "how to videos" on this forum even though you were caught wearing flip flops in one.

​ Do you ride wearing flip-flops too? :roflblack::roflblack: I've seen guys riding in sandals and wool socks, really! :lecturef_smilie:

SNOOPY
03-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Ummmm....... never mind......
The "click" in my mouse finger started to happen again so I figure.... well..... ;)

Bob

Lol, just trying to keep things lite and balanced. :)

brerrabbit
03-06-2015, 12:08 AM
OK, this thread has gone so far from the OP question that I feel justified to ask:

What was the first post made and who made it? Not including the site manager setting the rules etc.:dontknow:

Raisin Nut Bran for me.:ohyea:

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-06-2015, 12:29 AM
OK, this thread has gone so far from the OP question that I feel justified to ask:

What was the first post made and who made it? Not including the site manager setting the rules etc.:dontknow:

Raisin Nut Bran for me.:ohyea:
Now don't quote me on this, but I THINK its genesis is a thread about an email from BRP to OldGuyinCT concerning the recall of 2013 RTs that wandered out into the forest thicket laden with wolves complaining why were 2013s the only ones subject to a fix for a heat problem. OldGuy got fed up with the wandering so he deleted the thread, a prerogative of the original poster of any thread. I then asked in this thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?77847-Why-was-thread-yanked if anyone knew why the thread disappeared. It has also wandered aimlessly for several pages and so akspyderman started this thread ruminating about posters who are obsessed with posting regardless whether or not they contain anything of substance germane to the subject of the thread! :) So there you have it, I hope! :thumbup:

The wanderings in these threads just proves we are all lost souls looking for meaning in the vastness of the Milky Way!!! :roflblack::roflblack:

missouriboy
03-06-2015, 05:20 AM
OK I will chime in.....

BobGood post. But did you by chance mean "clique".....? :rolleyes:

This isn't meant to be flippant... it's a common error, even in pronunciation, that I wanted all here to learn from: "It rhymes with unique, so it's spelled like unique." :D

ThreeWheels
03-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Good post. But did you by chance mean "clique".....? :rolleyes:

This isn't meant to be flippant... it's a common error, even in pronunciation, that I wanted all here to learn from: "It rhymes with unique, so it's spelled like unique." :D

Eschew circumlocution.

ahh-cool
03-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Now where do I get my cereal? I like frosted flakes, and I have been reading through three pages.
I have my bowl and milk and I'm still waiting for the cereal to drop out of the cup holder on my PC.
Stefan

wyliec
03-06-2015, 06:48 AM
Good post. But did you by chance mean "clique".....? :rolleyes:

You don't think that's the only common error on SL's, do you?

By the way, it can be pronounced as you said, or it can be pronounced like click. Now, back to some more drivel.

SNOOPY
03-06-2015, 07:37 AM
The wanderings in these threads just proves we are all lost souls looking for meaning in the vastness of the Milky Way!!! :roflblack::roflblack:

Now I want a Milky Way bar w my Raisin Bran :banghead:

PrairieSpyder
03-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Do you all realize this is a thread about a post within a thread about a deleted thread??? :dontknow:

As a regular (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103188&stc=1) cereal poster, I can only say . . . . . COME ON SPRING!!!!!

Bob Denman
03-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Do you all realize this is a thread about a post within a thread about a deleted thread??? :dontknow:

:shocked::hun:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103189&stc=1

finless
03-06-2015, 09:07 AM
​ Do you ride wearing flip-flops too? :roflblack::roflblack: I've seen guys riding in sandals and wool socks, really! :lecturef_smilie:

Never!

I always wear shoes. Kinda hard on the toes to shift a SM5 without them. :roflblack:

Bob

hchays
03-06-2015, 09:27 AM
I don't think the original issue is actually a persons post count. It's about how they get the high count numbers. I agree that friendship on the site is a good thing and positive reinforcement is also good. However when people post on threads (especialy technical threads) that they have little to no helpful knowledge of is wrong. How about all the people that use to (not as bad as it once was) post negative comments on another members for sale thread? I will admit it am one that started fighting that fight. If you have nothing valuable to add to the thread then stay the h#ll out of it. Unforunitly if you don't have an RT your not in the click on this site and your tread will be over run with "counter productive opinion" not helpful fact. Some RT owners will disagree with me on this, but those people are the posters in question... Just my $.02...

billybovine
03-06-2015, 09:37 AM
I see bran cereals are popular among Spyderlovers. Anal retentive maybe? ;)

arntufun
03-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Just posting here because I just love to look at myself in my ...................

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103190&stc=1

Bob Denman
03-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Randy,
Did you get the front-end of your SlingShot updated yet? What was involved in this recall?

coz
03-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Don't let them s // t in your Wheaties. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SNOOPY
03-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I don't think the original issue is actually a persons post count. It's about how they get the high count numbers. I agree that friendship on the site is a good thing and positive reinforcement is also good. However when people post on threads (especialy technical threads) that they have little to no helpful knowledge of is wrong. How about all the people that use to (not as bad as it once was) post negative comments on another members for sale thread? I will admit it am one that started fighting that fight. If you have nothing valuable to add to the thread then stay the h#ll out of it. Unforunitly if you don't have an RT your not in the click on this site and your tread will be over run with "counter productive opinion" not helpful fact. Some RT owners will disagree with me on this, but those people are the posters in question... Just my $.02...

I thought it was just myself that noticed this. :shocked:

ARtraveler
03-06-2015, 01:54 PM
I was reading a Hijack portion in another thread yesterday. The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 5 years and 2 months or so. The daily stats show that I average 9.9 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 10 to my credit. :roflblack::roflblack: With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

IMO: those who are regular posters do have a place on the site. IMO--of course.

What are some of the good things the regulars do for the site?

:ani29:: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
:ani29:: They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the :spyder2: fold.
:ani29:: Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
:ani29:: When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
:ani29:: When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, :pray:'s and condolences are offered.
:ani29:: When good stuff happens with the brand, cheerleaders are welcome.
:ani29:: When bad stuff happens with the brand, we also let them know.
:ani29:: Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
:ani29:: There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non-:spyder2: banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
:ani29:: Occasionally, a troll gets shown the door.
:ani29:: Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
:ani29:: Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

We are fortunate to have the best site in the world for all things :spyder2:.

Kelloggs Corn Flakes :roflblack:

Thanks all for your input.

coz
03-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Everyone needs one of these.:roflblack:

coz
03-06-2015, 03:16 PM
I see bran cereals are popular among Spyderlovers. Anal retentive maybe? ;)
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

PrairieSpyder
03-06-2015, 03:21 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Is that a gratuitous ':roflblack:' post????

Well, then, :agree:!!!

Bob Denman
03-06-2015, 03:43 PM

:agree: too!

:shocked: Uh-oh...

Tom in NM
03-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack.

. . . . no need.

Let me see, you have been supportive, considerate, friendly, attentive, encouraging, humorous, and . . . well, let me stop before your head swells up. These are all good things in my book. I wish I was more like you. I don't think you or anyone should feel that they have to apologize for any of those traits ( except for humor - sometimes ).

On the other side, we have people who want to get to what interests them in the most efficient way possible. Things that get in their way are unnecessary, dismissed and despised. Sometimes, we all feel that way; the slow traffic in front of us when we are late, the line at the restaurant when we are hungry, ect. Life is full of those moments. But, it is a sign of maturity to be able to stop and put it into perspective - that life is not only about You, Yourself & I. Oh, and just maybe you are late because you got distracted and left the house later than you should have, or that when the time came for you to order - you couldn't make up your mind between the steak or lobster - and there were other people waiting behind you. Yup, we have all done it, we have all been immature - hopefully, we will all grow-up sometime.

Given that there are approximately 250 people born per minute, it does not look like we will have a shortage of self-centered people around those of us who are desperately working to maintain our own self-control, any time soon. The mature response is to just sigh and occasionally slap one of them when they get close enough. ;)

Several others have mentioned how posters keep a site interesting, vital and valuable. Yes, but even more - they keep it online. The more posts, discussions and referrals that are occurring, the more money that can be charged for advertisements - which pays for the costs of equipment, communications services, maintenance costs and so on. Without that, money would be constantly drained out of someone's pocket until they could not afford it. It is not free - it is not here just for any one of us' convenience.

Tom
( p.s. Since they have a pretty short attention span, I am pretty sure they will soon be be targeting people who's posts are too long next. I wonder who that would be? :popcorn:)

SNOOPY
03-06-2015, 08:38 PM
How about lets get back on track? A few are trying to de-rail from the subject matter.

If we have worn out the subject, I will be happy to get the thread closed.

Thanks all for your input.

I take it this is a joke. Lol

If not, sorry.

I don't usually read long post.

I do like your posts.

Did I mention I don't like long posts?

I like posts w just smilies.

And post w useful info.

Yes Snoopy said that.

I like useful post...and funny posts...

Now all this postwhoring...I forgot what I was getting at....

or did I ?

SNOOPY
03-06-2015, 08:41 PM

Of the few people I would like to meet on this forum, you are one of them. :thumbup:

Sorry if this offends you. roflmao

arntufun
03-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Cough Cough................ POST !!!!!!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103209&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
03-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Of the few people I would like to meet on this forum, you are one of them. :thumbup:

Sorry if this offends you. roflmao

Awwwwwww, shucks!! ;)

SNOOPY
03-06-2015, 11:16 PM
:D

I just passed 50,000 posts on my second Mustang forum today, you all are lucky. roflmao

I think that puts me at about 140,000 useless posts web wide. roflmao

...if it makes you feel better, more than half were technical posts. :shocked:

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-07-2015, 12:09 AM
...if it makes you feel better, more than half were technical posts. :shocked:
You mean like, "If the battery is not getting charged up are you sure plugged the charger in??" :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

SNOOPY
03-07-2015, 12:41 PM
You mean like, "If the battery is not getting charged up are you sure plugged the charger in??" :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Thats pretty technical isn't it? :dontknow:

roflmao

ARtraveler
03-07-2015, 02:46 PM
I see the "dislike" button is back and the "me too" button is gone again.

All but the last two posts or so were affected. Not to worry, I know who said what. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Cough Cough................ POST !!!!!!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103209&stc=1

Are you trying to tempt me again? :roflblack::roflblack:

brerrabbit
03-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Are you trying to tempt me again? :roflblack::roflblack:

askslingshotman does have a rhythmic sound.

AbNormy
03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
YouTube Sister Lost Soul Alejandro Escobedo

isthatahemi
04-19-2015, 06:20 PM
This should have been called the butt hurt choir thread. As that is pretty much what it is. I don't think anyone cares much about post counts, they care about the incessant posts that don't contribute. There are a few on every forum that show up and clutter threads with anecdotes and "I don't know but......". It's the pointless, speculative, non-contributing replies that I would say the majority find pointless, but stop shy of saying anything about.

I just activated the ignore list, in one shot I hid thousands of posts about nothing. This is the last I will say of that. Post to you hearts content!

(PS - I don't think the OP is actually an offender, but there are a few!)

PrairieSpyder
04-19-2015, 08:03 PM
This should have been called the butt hurt choir thread. As that is pretty much what it is. I don't think anyone cares much about post counts, they care about the incessant posts that don't contribute. There are a few on every forum that show up and clutter threads with anecdotes and "I don't know but......". It's the pointless, speculative, non-contributing replies that I would say the majority find pointless, but stop shy of saying anything about.

I just activated the ignore list, in one shot I hid thousands of posts about nothing. This is the last I will say of that. Post to you hearts content!

(PS - I don't think the OP is actually an offender, but there are a few!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVrVOF1jF1g

SNOOPY
04-19-2015, 08:17 PM
These are called social network forums for a reason. They are not technical network forums, that is for the 9-5 work day. Lol

Social forums are for everyone and everyone has their way of posting.

Some will never get over that...so they complain.

The rest of us enjoy the technical along w the joking around.

BTW...I only said all of this to up my post count because that's what I'm into. roflmao

SPYD1
04-19-2015, 08:26 PM
I find this forum very entertaining and informative when I need something. Keep the funny posts coming they help me get through "times". Thanks to all. It is nice to know I have the Spyderlover army behind me and mine. :thumbup::clap:

Bob Denman
04-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Like it or not; this is a community.
Historically; communities will spring up for a variety of reasons:
The search for religious freedom
The quest for precious minerals
The availability of land.

Ours has sprung up from a commonality of interest: The Can Am Spyder! :thumbup:

However, communities will rarely stay focused upon a single activity, theology, or interest for an indefinite period of time. Diversity within a community is actually a good thing, because it allows all of us to gain other perspectives, and broaden ourselves.
Some will argue that this should be a place where technical information is passed freely among one and all... to the exclusion of all else... :shocked: (George Orwell has just entered the room! :yikes:)
Some would prefer a community more based upon the "Mel Brooksian" design: Cowboys sitting around a campfire, eating beans and tuning up their...:opps: for a concert of flatulence! :roflblack:
(Okay... that might be just me!)
My point is that there's room for everybody's version of what this place should be... :yes:
However; if there's a party going on "next door": are you going to be the neighbor that calls the cops?
Or the one that jumps the fence, and joins in?

The choice is yours!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-20-2015, 07:18 AM
post less ride more, don't read while you ride

PrairieSpyder
04-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Serial poster? I like the Fruit Loops!!

bruiser
04-20-2015, 08:34 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105847&stc=1