cuznjohn
03-04-2015, 08:45 AM
what would you take, a 175 lb. pit bull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwm0OwqWvF4

or a 41 lb. 10 month old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDX24e_fTI

Cruzr Joe
03-04-2015, 08:58 AM
The overweight child is something that the parents will have to live with and hope for the best.

The parents with a huge pitbull around their child have a choice, but apparently chose the dog over the safety of their child.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Cruzr Joe

grumpybob
03-04-2015, 09:20 AM
neither I'm happy with what I have.

Chupaca
03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
If I were alone with wide open spaces and unlimited food supply..I would love to have the dog. To have him in an urban area in confined spaces is not the best for him. As for the boy...thats tough and the family has a challenge on their hands. Wish them the best...

bruiser
03-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Love the dog. Pit Bulls are very much maligned. My wolf/husky was blacklisted by my previous insurance company. I was informed that his breed, husky, was on their list of aggressive dogs. My daughter has a pit bull that is a big teddy bear. Granted, he isn't 175 pounds. Here is one of my previous wards. He only weighed 580 pounds.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103141&stc=1

SDM
03-04-2015, 09:17 PM
I'll take the pit bull over the kid any day of the week!!! :2thumbs:

SPYDERGUY1
03-04-2015, 10:33 PM
WHOA, THOSE ARE BOTH HUGE MUNGUS. I CHOOSE NEITHER, will keep my 20 lb shi zhu chihauaa, and soon to be new grandson, ( 2 weeks and counting ) OH GOD, not old enough to be a GRANDPA, wife is over the moon however...

SPYDERGUY1
03-04-2015, 10:47 PM
WHOA, THOSE ARE BOTH HUGE MUNGUS. I CHOOSE NEITHER, will keep my 20 lb shi zhu chihauaa, and soon to be new grandson, ( 2 weeks and counting ) OH GOD, not old enough to be a GRANDPA, wife is over the moon however...

ARtraveler
03-05-2015, 02:29 AM
The Pitbull is a bit scary for me. Even though it seems docile around the young child, bad things could happen if the dog wanted to. The size of the jaw and teeth would be an almost instant kill for sure.

They are also going to have problems with the morbidly obese child also. Hope they can get that figured out, as so many medical issues come out of situations like that.

Choice? I would have to pass on both.

wyliec
03-05-2015, 08:03 AM
The Pitbull is a bit scary for me. Even though it seems docile around the young child, bad things could happen if the dog wanted to. The size of the jaw and teeth would be an almost instant kill for sure.

They are also going to have problems with the morbidly obese child also. Hope they can get that figured out, as so many medical issues come out of situations like that.

Choice? I would have to pass on both.

I googled the overweight child video, and can't find any that state a medical reason as to why the child needs to over eat.:dontknow: I think the parents need to cut back on his food intake.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
i've had 2 pitbulls, both were sweet little girls, any dog at that weight would worry me but has nothing to do with being
a pit. the fat kid will be a financial & health problem for her whole life. if you notice the food they give the kid might be
part of the problem.

OJ UK
03-05-2015, 11:10 AM
The baby's family had already lost a child (died at 18 months) some time back to the same problem.
Seems to be a genetic problem.

wyliec
03-05-2015, 11:19 AM
The baby's family had already lost a child (died at 18 months) some time back to the same problem.
Seems to be a genetic problem.

Was there a Drs. diagnosis with the first child? In the video posted here, I had a hard time understanding the dr., other than they would do some testing.

cuznjohn
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
i would take the dog.

ARtraveler
03-05-2015, 11:47 AM
I googled the overweight child video, and can't find any that state a medical reason as to why the child needs to over eat.:dontknow: I think the parents need to cut back on his food intake.

I watched the complete video and all that was said was that tests were needed and they did not have the money for them. Looking at the feeding, it seemed to me that the parents were a bit at fault.

Yazz
03-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Wyliec, the child might have Cushing disease. It's hard to diagnose unless the doctors knows what they're looking for.

http://www.healthline.com/health/cushing-syndrome#Overview1

I would take the child over the dog. We live in a country where getting access to medical help is much easier than where the child is living.