PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Launch!

cjryder
03-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Hey All,
I'm packed and ready! Checklist is under control, loading the trailer Friday, ready for launch 5 am Saturday morning. With the worst weather in NE Ohio history behind me, I'm ready for Daytona Bikeweek. I moved 4 feet of snow away from the garage door so I can get "King" (Roadking that is) into the trailer. Me and King will be staying at the Quality Inn on the St John River in Palatka. This is a new spot for me, I usually stay closer to Flagler Beach.
I'll be the guy with the big smile on my face riding a shiny Red Roadking. Before you Spyder lovers yank my thread, the highlight of my trip will be to demo ride the Spyders out at the speedway. Hoping to Ride an RT and the F3. I wouldn't mind riding an ST if it's not to hectic and complicated. The main purpose of this trip is to ponder the decision to move onto 3 wheels. If I see you there, I am going to ask about your Spyder. Yep, this might be ole King's last trip. (at least with me).
Some people don't like Bikeweek, I have never understood that. After being cooped up all winter dealing with snow blizzards and sub zero temps, 70 degrees sounds good to me. Good roads, eating great food, meeting new people with a common interest, the bikes, the babe's, I'm all in on this scene. Yea, it's a lot of effort and $$$ to go, and yea,there are a few stupid people, and yea,it does rain once in a while, but I have never regretted going and I thoroughly enjoy the whole experience. Drive and ride safe my friends, and hope to meet you there!
CJ

MouthPiece
03-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Make sure you eat at Corky Bells in, Palatka. Great food. I'll wave at ya when we pass each other over there. Temps should be in the 70s and 80s.

Chris

KennW
03-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Am sitting here in sunny Queensland (Australia) and really envying the journey your about to undertake. Stay safe my friend and enjoy. Oh as a Sidebar - have owned big two wheelers all my life but due to a service related injury to my ankle I was no longer able to support when coming to a stop. WOW no need for feet down when stopping on a Spyder. Have never regretted purchasing my much loved Spyder RT. Just the greatest fun after giving yourselves a chance to learn how to ride then, nothing whatever like a two wheeler.

WilMo1775
03-04-2015, 07:16 AM
safe travels..

Bob Denman
03-04-2015, 07:59 AM
:agree: Have a safe trip, and :lecturef_smilie: remember to take LOTS of pictures! :D

Chupaca
03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Does your trailer have room for a spyder..?. :roflblack: those test res can be very convincing. Enjoy your week...:ohyea::yes::yes:

SpyderAnn01
03-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Have fun and look for Pitbull, they will have F3s and and ST for you to demo.

ARtraveler
03-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Road Trip :firstplace::firstplace::firstplace::firstplace:

Deanna777
03-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Ride safe and have fun, take a demo ride on a 2014RTS-SE6, F3, you wont regret the spyders. Deanna

cjryder
03-09-2015, 04:32 AM
The trip to Daytona went well. My new Ford 150 with Eco Boost pulled the trailer well. I can definitely say there is more boost than Eco. I saw one guy riding thru West Virginia on a Goldwing, it was 14 degrees F. He really looked cold. I arrived yesterday, unloaded the bike and rode over to Flagler Beach. (40 miles one way) it was 75 F and sunny, that was my first ride since October. On the way back I stopped at Woody's BBQ and had dinner. I'm staying at the Quality Inn in Palatka.
I'm riding down to Destination daytona this morning where I made a reservation to have my Bike detailed while I explore all the vendors. It is supposed to be 75 F today. I will probably ride up A1A. I am thinking about stoping at Corky Bell's for dinner. Going to demo ride the Spyder's tomorrow. So far so good, no actually real good!
CJ

Frank G
03-09-2015, 05:34 AM
If I may ask, what did your mileage drop to pulling the trailer? A couple of weeks ago the wife and I trailered our Spyder to Florida and our mileage droped from 22.5 to 11.5 mpg. Ford Flex Std v6 pulling a v- nose 6 x 12 single axle all aluminum trailer. The Flex handled it well except for the mileage.

cjryder
03-12-2015, 07:54 PM
When I started out I was driving about 60 mph and got around 14.5 mpg but after I got on the interstate and got comfortable I sped up to 75 mph and the mpg dropped to 11.5. Keep in mind this was a small open trailer. I Like the truck but it's heavy on the boost and light on the Eco.