PDA

View Full Version : scuff guards

easysuper
03-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Looking for some scuff guards for the RT , my small little bride is rubbing the tupper ware with the inside of her thighs on both our bikes. I have seen the scuff guards for the saddle bags but not where the inside of your thighs rub on the bike.

Chupaca
03-01-2015, 12:03 PM
I think brp had some for the RS, RSS. I know most bike shops have them even in sheets to trim to size...auto parts also have the rock guard film you can use as well...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-01-2015, 12:45 PM
3 M makes a product ( peel backing and apply ) that is clear, flexible, tuff as nails, and un-fortunately I can't remember what it's called ..........When I was active on the Cobra Forums , the people there bought and used in front of the rear fenders as a rock protector........Google 3 M products , I'm sure they are still selling it ....Mike :thumbup:.....................It might have been called " LIZARD SKIN " !!!!

redflasher
03-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Snyder's Pain Guard cut to size. removable.

get it at

aerostich.com

Bob Denman
03-02-2015, 08:48 AM
I've seen them for sale on E-Bay... :thumbup:

Spyder Wraps Pete
03-02-2015, 10:10 AM
We offer paint protection film for the complete bike if you wanted it. Clear material 8 mil thick and we can offer it as pre-cut depending on the area of the bike you want to protect.
It applies wet.. you just peel and stick it and it has a high gloss finish. We just happen to be applying some on an RT today.
Let us know if we can help..

ruthie
03-02-2015, 12:30 PM
What is a good product to remove the scuff marks before you put a protection product on?

Spyder Wraps Pete
03-02-2015, 12:41 PM
We always use rubbing compound first.
Apply it like wax by hand in circular motions. If you want you can add a bit of water to the sponge to soften the grit as you rub it on.
Sometimes you have to do it a few times but it works very well. I use this one from Meguiars it works very well.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102970&stc=1

spankym
03-24-2015, 05:02 PM
3m now sells a spray on clear product that dries like their clear film....check out auto part stores or 3m direct.
can be peeled off if necessary... do a you tube search...hope this helps

easysuper
03-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys , this has been great help.