PDA

View Full Version : FIRE SALE ON ROUTE 66 windshields

Ronbo
02-24-2015, 11:13 PM
BRP should have a low cost sale on Route 66 windshields! It would be as is, no refunds, or returns. I would be willing to try one, if the price was right, based on the supposition that with a couple inches more screen, it would throw the air blast over my head and I could still look over the blur. Maybe $50 apiece.

Ron

Chupaca
02-24-2015, 11:17 PM
What did happen to the stock..?? Could they have run out..?? Must have been something going on with it to drop it like that...:dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
02-24-2015, 11:33 PM
BRP should have a low cost sale on Route 66 windshields! It would be as is, no refunds, or returns. I would be willing to try one, if the price was right, based on the supposition that with a couple inches more screen, it would throw the air blast over my head and I could still look over the blur. Maybe $50 apiece.

Ron

Hey Ron:

The RT's have plenty of windshield. :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Ronbo
02-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Hey Ron:

The RT's have plenty of windshield. :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Dirty rat! Ha

Ronbo
02-25-2015, 01:00 AM
What did happen to the stock..?? Could they have run out..?? Must have been something going on with it to drop it like that...:dontknow:

I think there might be a ware-house full of em somewhere!

Ron

SpyderRx
02-25-2015, 07:49 AM
I was told last Saturday by my dealer that his rep told him last week that the route 66 windshield was going to be re-released in March or April under a different name. Not sure of the truth to this but that is the info I got.

SPYD3R
02-25-2015, 08:17 AM
LOW COST FOR A BRP PRODUCT THAT NORMALLY SELLS FOR $499.99 WOULD BE $495.99.... JUST SAY'n....
DP

den1953
02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
My somewhat educated guess is that they were destroyed and wrote-off for taxes as a loss. Too much liability and chances for lawsuit happy lawyers to make a killing off of them at BRP's expense. I would just wait for the aftermarket to catch-up with taller and/or wider windshields which will probably be much better and distortion free as well as less expensive.