PDA

View Full Version : Harley, I don't get it

Dragonrider
02-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Our member complain about being too hot on their 2013 RTs, and having to spend $1000 to cool them down. 2008 to 2013 TriGlide riders EXPECT to need $2000 worth of farkles to allow them to ride their trikes in town (255F at a 30 sec stoplight!!!!!). How do you get people to spend $35000, knowing that in advance?? BRP REALLY wants to know....

DrewNJ
02-24-2015, 05:55 PM
This will be a productive thread......[emoji57] [emoji1]

Bob Denman
02-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Question:
Would you like to know where they've put the radiators for their new "Rushmore" engines? :dontknow:

Answer:
Down in the lower fairings; RIGHT IN FRONT Of the operator's feet... :yikes:

DrewNJ
02-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Pretty certain every liquid cooled bike has the radiator right in front of the riders legs, no?
BRP is the only ones doing the goofy sideways radiators though....

Chupaca
02-24-2015, 06:19 PM
many a complaint come from those who have never riden motorcycles or their offspring. If all you have driven is air conditioned cars I would suspect any heat would be execesive. I have said, drive your car for a hundred miles then hop out and jump up on the hood and set a spell and tell me its cool as a cucumber..:roflblack: well thats what happens when you sit over an internal combustion engine...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Pretty certain every liquid cooled bike has the radiator right in front of the riders legs, no?
BRP is the only ones doing the goofy sideways radiators though....

:lecturef_smilie:Not necessarily...
A lot of bikes will hang them from the front downtubes of the frame; in front of the engine itself. ;)
"goofy sideways radiators"... :shocked::hun:
Could you further explain that description? :dontknow:

cptjam
02-24-2015, 07:08 PM
:lecturef_smilie:Not necessarily...
A lot of bikes will hang them from the front downtubes of the frame; in front of the engine itself. ;)
"goofy sideways radiators"... :shocked::hun:
Could you further explain that description? :dontknow:
F3 the twin radiators are sideways in the nose.

Dragonrider
02-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Most of the Japanese WC cruisers use the center mount radiator (like my Valk) - the Vrod has them in the "shroud", but I never had any kind of heat issue on them (I've owned three)

napper39
02-25-2015, 06:22 PM
side ways gold wing and f3 yes both have them sidwas in the front.:lecturef_smilie::yikes: