PDA

View Full Version : Pre Spring I Want To Go Riding Blues--Cures?

ARtraveler
02-24-2015, 05:24 PM
I am sitting here looking out the window, its 45 degrees, we have partly sunny skies, and the blankety blank ice is still on my driveway and on 2.5 blocks of my road. The snow has melted to the point where there is grass showing in places in my yard and even along the roads.

I so want to fire up a :spyder2: and go riding. I am locked in by a quarter mile or so of ice. The same problem I have encountered the last five years.

Been looking on the internet for riding gear, and farkles. None of which I need, but have been tempted to order some anyway.

Also looking at trips to take this riding season. So many trips, so little time.

Any good ideas before I go nuttier than I am?

What are you folks doing to deal with the no can ride Blues?

Motorcycledave
02-24-2015, 05:44 PM
I just got back from a short ride 60+ miles it sunny and 70 outside.
but on the UP SIDE fro you
I still have the super trick easy to install seat heaters on sale.
Stay warm
Dave

Motorcycledave
02-24-2015, 05:45 PM
I just got back from a short ride 60+ miles it sunny and 70 outside.
but on the UP SIDE for you folks where it's cold,
I still have the super trick easy to install seat heaters on sale.
Stay warm
Dave

SpyderAnn01
02-24-2015, 05:49 PM
I was tough today and am out for a ride temps are about 55. Brrrrrrr.

Bob Denman
02-24-2015, 05:57 PM
D,
I feel your pain... :banghead:
Thank Goodness that NASCAR has started up again!! :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
02-24-2015, 06:07 PM
I went to Lowes Hardware store and bought some stuff that i did not need.

Cruzr Joe

den1953
02-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Being as I'm into demo riding I often watch those You-tube videos shot with Go-Pro Hero cameras. I make them full screen and watch with the sound turned up. All kinds of rides are on there and a lot of them are pretty darn good. Not as good as doing the ride myself but it helps my cabin fever quite a bit.

Cruzr Joe
02-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Being as I'm into demo riding I often watch those You-tube videos shot with Go-Pro Hero cameras. I make them full screen and watch with the sound turned up. All kinds of rides are on there and a lot of them are pretty darn good. Not as good as doing the ride myself but it helps my cabin fever quite a bit.

:( That is sad. :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Deanna777
02-24-2015, 07:35 PM
I am working, thinking of trips/places that I would like to go.

We still have a lot of snow on my lawn. I have been catching up on other projects that I won't be able to do once the Riding season starts! This morning @ 4:30 am it was -23 without the wind Chill Hurry Up Spring! Deanna

Kwalsh
02-24-2015, 08:02 PM
It was. -9 this morning before the wind chill, I hate to think that I am getting used to it but when I went out to start my truck at 5am in jeans and a shirt I thought " wow this isn't to bad"

Please spring hurry up and if anyone sees the groundhog punch him!!!!

murphybrown
02-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Planning a trip to bring a bunch of Spyderlovers to visit you. :roflblack::thumbup:

Mazo EMS2
02-24-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm picturing you in front of the computer, leaning into the turns....:yes: Do you put a fan blowing on high in your face too? Hehe. I'm just about to that point. We got our Spyder about a month ago and cannot wait for decent weather.

Chupaca
02-25-2015, 02:06 AM
propane tanks in the trailer..wide angle torches up front and just burn yourself a path outta there..!! :roflblack: don't feel bad..it was a perfect day for a ryde (as usual) but I promised to make a head board with storage for the kids (had to be a king size bed) so spent the day wood working...:banghead: but they were happy...

grumpybob
02-25-2015, 10:40 AM
I am sitting here looking out the window, its 45 degrees, we have partly sunny skies, and the blankety blank ice is still on my driveway and on 2.5 blocks of my road. The snow has melted to the point where there is grass showing in places in my yard and even along the roads.

I so want to fire up a :spyder2: and go riding. I am locked in by a quarter mile or so of ice. The same problem I have encountered the last five years.

Been looking on the internet for riding gear, and farkles. None of which I need, but have been tempted to order some anyway.

Also looking at trips to take this riding season. So many trips, so little time.

Any good ideas before I go nuttier than I am?

What are you folks doing to deal with the no can ride Blues?

Shoveling the house roof, shoveling the garage roof, snow blowing the driveway, snow blowing out the mailbox so our mail person will leave the mail, moving snow away from the house with the tractor & bucket. Way to tired after that each day to think about ryding. Nan wants to go x-c skiing Saturday, Good luck. May go sledding Sunday thou. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Pirate looks at --
02-25-2015, 10:41 AM
Fly down to Northern California and bring the Spyder with you. We are embarking on a 250 mile ryde this Sunday, mid 60s. Down the Sacramento River across the delta, through the Valley to the Beautiful Napa Valley (did I mention mid 60s) to the sleepy little town of Point Reyes. ca. Lunch and a Cheese Making Tour, and then off to the Pacific Ocean. Back to the Sonoma Valley and Home to Elk Grove. Pack up the Spyder and head out here for a great ryde. Or Yiu can always dream. :roflblack:

Pirate looks at --
02-25-2015, 10:45 AM
......if it makes you feel any better we will be starting the ryde in the mid 49s

ARtraveler
02-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Planning a trip to bring a bunch of Spyderlovers to visit you. :roflblack::thumbup:

Saw the itinerary. You folks are going to have the trip of a lifetime. Can't wait to meet up and have some fun with the group from the 6th to the 10th of July. :yes::yes: :bowdown::bowdown: :firstplace::firstplace:

MEP
02-25-2015, 01:59 PM
I ride my bicycle most days, year round. That helps abate winter rust and cabin fever, but I 'gotta admit that come this time of year I also get pretty anxious. So anxious, in fact, that I've now (recently) looked at nearly every picture posted in the forum gallery, as if somehow that's gonna help by osmosis. I think that I and the poster who watches test ride videos on YouTube need therapy...lol.

uralski
02-25-2015, 07:24 PM
You could buy a ural and ride every daynojoke I have for about ten years to work. unless it was snowing at the time in the morning (stupid drivers) although I have taken it out for a spin in the neighborhood in up to a foot of new snow. Haven't done it with the spyder yet. To new and I think the wide tires might be worse in the winter.

Deanna777
02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
It was. -9 this morning before the wind chill, I hate to think that I am getting used to it but when I went out to start my truck at 5am in jeans and a shirt I thought " wow this isn't to bad"

Please spring hurry up and if anyone sees the groundhog punch him!!!!
:agree: about the Groundhog!!!!! Deanna

ARtraveler
02-25-2015, 07:55 PM
You could buy a ural and ride every daynojoke I have for about ten years to work. unless it was snowing at the time in the morning (stupid drivers) although I have taken it out for a spin in the neighborhood in up to a foot of new snow. Haven't done it with the spyder yet. To new and I think the wide tires might be worse in the winter.

There are a couple Urals around here and I saw one out and about a week or so ago. The part that worries me with winter riding is the "other people" who end up out of control and become a projectile headed in my direction.

uralski
02-25-2015, 09:28 PM
There are a couple Urals around here and I saw one out and about a week or so ago. The part that worries me with winter riding is the "other people" who end up out of control and become a projectile headed in my direction.

Which is the only reason I don't ride if it's snowing in the morning. If it's snowing when I come home I don't have much choice but usually the traffic is stop and go.

uralski
02-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone tried riding their spyder year round? In northern states.

ARtraveler
02-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone tried riding their spyder year round? In northern states.

Setho from Bemidji Minnesota posted a few times about winter riding his :spyder2: