PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor cover recommendations

TravelingSpyder
11-11-2008, 06:40 AM
I will be storing my new Spyder outside and wondered if I should purchase the manf. cover, or there are other "ATV" type covers that would work better.

NancysToy
11-11-2008, 08:13 AM
We bought the outdoor cover, and are very happy with it. Has not seen long term usage, though, just a few nights here and there. For long term storage outside, I would cover the Spyder, then cover that whole thing with one of those silver tarps. BTW, no matter what you use, a cover will get wet underneath...from condensation.
-Scotty

TravelingSpyder
11-11-2008, 01:17 PM
We don't need long term covers because we ride our bikes often. Our BMWs have done well with the regular covers, but you're right, they do get damp.

gjco
11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I bought the cover they sell for the can am four wheelers. it was the biggest one they sell and it works great. it covers all the way to the ground.

FANG
11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Bought the outdoor cover and I am well pleased. I do't have indoor storage capabilities and my :spyder:gets put to bed under the cover every night. Some condensation problems especially if I am not able to let the :spyder:cool all the way down or if it is a really humid night. :spyder:cover is great and a great investment for me.

Scotty thanks for the tip about another tarp over the cover. Will definitely use that technique during the next rainy day.

sabunim5
11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I also have and like the BRP outdoor cover. I use it primarily to keep my Spyder covered during the day at work or when my wife and I are traveling. I don't have garage space at home so my solution there is "The Trike Barn" http://www.thebikebarn.net/smartbarn_model.html It is great! Just drive in, close her up and you are done. Ryde Safe and Enjoy:thumbup:
sabunim5:spyder:

Director
11-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I will be storing my new Spyder outside and wondered if I should purchase the manf. cover, or there are other "ATV" type covers that would work better.

I have the "S" cover from Industries 7. It is made by Dowco: http://www.industries7.com/index.jsp

I don't know if it is any better than the BRP cover, but I like it. If you have hard bags on your Spyder, there is plenty of room for them with this cover.

slather1
11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
We have the Spyder BRP outdoor cover and it fits and works very well.

KenAcker
11-12-2008, 01:55 PM
The S cover from Industries 7 looks soooooo tight ... both on the Director's post hereon and on the Spyder shown on their website. Looks like it applies excessive (inward) pressure on the front edge of the front fenders. So tight that it might mar the finish (more of a question than a statement).

Does anyone know if the BRP covers (both versions) are large enough to accommodate the Corbin saddlebags without bursting?

Ken

Director
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
The S cover from Industries 7 looks soooooo tight ... both on the Director's post hereon and on the Spyder shown on their website. Looks like it applies excessive (inward) pressure on the front edge of the front fenders. So tight that it might mar the finish (more of a question than a statement).

Ken

Not yet, but I will keep an eye on that. If any issues arise, I will definitely post. :thumbup:

GI Jane
11-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I have the Corbin hard bags and Cal Sci 23" windshield. The BRP covers everything fine and is not tight at all. I'm not concerned about marring my finish.

TravelingSpyder
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks. Think I'll proceed with the Spyder outdoor cover. I'm excited to pick up my new Spyder on Saturday!