PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn ISO Grips

DriftersWay
02-21-2015, 10:57 AM
I just installed a set of Kuryakyn ISO Grips on my 2014 RT-L.
I'm happy with them ,but thay are interfering with my paddle shifter.
Up shift will be no problem, but paddle hits the grips for down shifting.
Anyone have a fix for this.

Thanks for any help.
Butch

cbredneck
02-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Dremel tool will remove enough to allow the shift. Just go slow and easy

finless
02-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Dremel tool will remove enough to allow the shift. Just go slow and easy

Yep, you have to cut away some plastic.

See info here from one of the vendors Value Accessories. They have a picture of what you have to do to the shifter.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/ISOGripsGL1800CanAmRTHeatedGrip.aspx

Bob

DriftersWay
02-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks Bob I was trying to avoid doing that.

Butch

finless
02-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks Bob I was trying to avoid doing that.

Butch

Well your other choice is to take the grips off and grind the grip metal away from the enlarge circle that buts up against the shifter.

Bob

OverHillAndDale
02-25-2015, 09:21 AM
I installed those grips, and had to grind away a bit of the lower-left hand clamshell part of the grip. Didn't grind on the bike. Had to remove quite a bit of stuff from the grip but once they were on you can't see it. Didn't take but 15 or 20 minutes.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2015, 10:15 AM
I have better ones .....no metal in the middle so they are softer and don't don't need any alterations, ....fits all 7/8 th bars.....$ 40 shipped ........Mike

MRH
02-25-2015, 10:34 AM
I have better ones .....no metal in the middle so they are softer and don't don't need any alterations, ....fits all 7/8 th bars.....$ 40 shipped ........Mike

Can one avoid altering the original grips as well? Do you have a link?

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Can one avoid altering the original grips as well? Do you have a link?

Why would have to alter OEM grips ???????.....................No Links , these are an extra pair I bought but won't fit my RT ( the handle-bars are different ) .....you can see them here " Blue Knight 911 Custom Video ".......@ Gen Discussion Forum

MRH
02-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Why would have to alter OEM grips ???????.....................No Links , these are an extra pair I bought but won't fit my RT ( the handle-bars are different ) .....you can see them here " Blue Knight 911 Custom Video ".......@ Gen Discussion Forum

There isn't a link in your post, it is just text.

Most of these, from what I know, seem to require that you cut down the OEM grips to some degree, which rules them out for me. I'd like to be able to easily bring my bike back to stock, and of course I want to keep my warmers working.

ricford
06-20-2015, 10:47 PM
I just installed a set of Kuryakyn ISO Grips on my 2014 RT-L.
I'm happy with them ,but thay are interfering with my paddle shifter.
Up shift will be no problem, but paddle hits the grips for down shifting.
Anyone have a fix for this.

Thanks for any help.
Butch

I emailed Kuryakyn who advised they have no plans to make Can-Am grips. Seems to be a business opportunity gone away. But if enough folks buy and modify themselves, it's easy to understand Kuryakan's point. Every post on the subject I've read says you have to blade your bike's handle grips and some advise stuffing the ends with a material to keep the outer inch or two somewhat rigid.