PDA

View Full Version : Price for the touring F3

rworell
02-20-2015, 06:14 AM
Has anyone purchased a new F3 set up to tour? What was your final price? I'm debating on if I should just buy aftermarket bags and install a windshield and call it good. Your thoughts??

Thanks so much
Rich

den1953
02-20-2015, 06:32 AM
There really isn't an actual factory installed touring package, just accessories that make up a suggested "Touring Escape Package". Unfortunately these accessories are expensive and when you add them up you end up with the price of an RT-S in your F3. I'm thinking of just adding the #5 U-Fit kit, Blue Ridge windshield, tall passenger backrest, and get some decent sized aftermarket saddlebags with Easy Brackets. Those are the things that would make an F3 capable of doing some day trips with my wife on the back seat. For serious long distance touring you'd be further ahead to just get an RT-S or a hitch and trailer once a hitch becomes available for the F3.

BikerDoc
02-20-2015, 09:45 AM
I did not buy it that way but when I priced it out the F3S for touring comfortably it came to same price as
at least an RTS and maybe even an RTL. I ordered the windshield, and backrests from BRP. I will use aftermarket saddlebags at 1/10 of the cost and probably a few other after market products also at dramatically lower cost

Big F
02-20-2015, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=rworell;937477]Has anyone purchased a new F3 set up to tour? What was your final price? I'm debating on if I should just buy aftermarket bags and installhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/) a windshield and call it good. Your thoughts??

Thanks so much
Rich[/QUO

I just saw the F3 for the first time last night at a show in Omaha. It is definitely not made for touring?? If anyone wants to tour then I would strongly suggest spend some more bucks and get the RT or RT Limited. bottom line, I was not impressed. I have a 2014 RT Limited and I can imagine if one took ALL of tupperware off you would have a F3??????? it has the same transmission and engine. If you start adding all of that after market tupperware it is going to look like a DIY project???????
Sorry, but I was totally not impressed after reading all of the hype, etc.
THE BIG F

Lamonster
02-20-2015, 10:43 AM
If you want a real touring Spyder go with the RT. The F3 is for the hotrod/cruiser guy that can add as needed but strip down most of the time. I find that a lot of Spyder owners were never motorcycle owners so they expect a little more than what most of us are use to. With a hitch and some Corbin custom bags it will be more like my GS except with more power and a longer life motor and the cruiser posture I'm use to.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Has anyone purchased a new F3 set up to tour? What was your final price? I'm debating on if I should just buy aftermarket bags and install a windshield and call it good. Your thoughts??

Thanks so much
Rich

Rich, you can probably guess my thoughts on this :roflblack:.....I think you are asking a lot of the F-3 to accomplish this. Back in 09 when I got my first Spyder , an 08 GS there was no RT.....so I did what I could with my GS , a very large Hard rear trunk with Passenger backrest ...a very large ( GW1200 ) windshield etc......plus I could carry a large Hiker type backback on the passenger seat............To seriously Tour tho.....I made a Trailer, ....with a trailer when you un-hook it , you have your original F-3 , which is what you wanted in the first place......................I know BRP doesn't have a Hitch for the F-3 YET, but I've built 3, and it's not rocket science ........When I get my F-3 it will have a HITCH for it ............Even Lamont is working on one ( so I've heard anyway ).......Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
02-20-2015, 12:04 PM
On how much you want to spend. The package is seperate and then you have the labor to install it all so aftermarket more suited to your needs is better. Now whos doing the ryding and what comfort zone they need to be in is a big factor. I have an RS and the wife and I tour with no problems and love it. But then taking your motor home is not camping...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-20-2015, 03:39 PM
I am also thinking that the F3 is going to appeal mostly to the "Cruiser" crowd.

Most of the "Touring" crowd are going to like the amenities that the RT version provides.

When I drove cruisers, and I had a lot of them, they always got windshields, driving lights, roll bars, floorboards, up line seat, passenger backrest, and saddle bags. I did not use any for long trips, but dressed them that way for the look.

The one I owned that came closest to a touring version was the Vulcan Nomad 1500. I am sad I ever traded that one off.