PDA

View Full Version : help I broke it !!!!!!!!

yamahog
02-19-2015, 11:03 PM
Well just finished JT air filter install, exhaust wrap, and canisterectomy, got it all back together disconnected battery for over 30 min then hooked up and idled for 15 min engine sounds good but have parking break failure warning and transmission failure warning, and it will not shift gears hit padels and nothing happens. any ideas as to what I messed up? I took frunk back off and cant find any thing unplugged.:banghead:

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2015, 11:10 PM
just as a suggestion ...................... turn the bike off, take the key(s) with you and walk away from it for 5 minutes.

Come back and try it after the computer has an opportunity to reset.

Cruzr Joe

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Gotta love the KEY WALK!!!!!

Chupaca
02-20-2015, 12:14 AM
you say you wrapped the pipes and removed the canister..I would backtrack and see if you disconnected any wires in those areas..brake light switch, gear indicator sensor, reservoir sendor etc. If the key walk dosent fix the problem...:thumbup:

SNOOPY
02-20-2015, 07:47 AM
I think he missed the "5 minute" part and is still walking. :dontknow:

Lol

yamahog
02-20-2015, 07:59 AM
I think he missed the "5 minute" part and is still walking. :dontknow:

Lol

LoL no was just exhausted and went to bed, will try again after awhile, have to let it warm up a bit more and go have coffee with the other old fart riders gang.:chat:
Thanks for the replies lets hope that the key walk works.

SNOOPY
02-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Hope so :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Check all of the fuses... :shocked:

jcthorne
02-20-2015, 09:32 AM
My guess would be one of the connectors along the right side where you were working to remove the air filter box did not get fully reconnected.

yamahog
02-20-2015, 02:30 PM
just as a suggestion ...................... turn the bike off, take the key(s) with you and walk away from it for 5 minutes.

Come back and try it after the computer has an opportunity to reset.

Cruzr Joe
To everyone that said key walk! Thank you so much!! I never would have believed that just walking the key away from the bike could do that much but it worked, I am a very happy camper now, though I got to say that I will probably never do anything other than regular service from now on, this bike is just too touchy, I am a retired auto and diesel mechanic, and have built many basket case bikes, I have never been so stumped by a vehicle in all my life.:2excited: :clap::2thumbs::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown ::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bow down::spyder2:
P.S. Thanks to all that replied if nothing else you help me stay calm LOL.

Chupaca
02-20-2015, 02:34 PM
glad it worked out. The famous key walk clears the machines mind and it starts fresh. Good to start there and if it persists dig deeper. Once you understand these machines they are not that hard to work on....:thumbup:

yamahog
02-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Thought I would tell on myself to lighten your day, when I got to panel near oil tank I noticed something was missing under headlights I could see mounting points argh!!!!! hour later after blaming day care kids, the neighbors dogs, and anyone else I could think of, It finally hit me drummmmmmmmmmmmmmm rolllllllllllllllllllllll plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz look at that pile of plastic that used to be the air box :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I am glad that worked. Now go ride it and enjoy it.

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
02-20-2015, 03:06 PM
To everyone that said key walk! Thank you so much!! I never would have believed that just walking the key away from the bike could do that much but it worked, I am a very happy camper now, though I got to say that I will probably never do anything other than regular service from now on, this bike is just too touchy, I am a retired auto and diesel mechanic, and have built many basket case bikes, I have never been so stumped by a vehicle in all my life.:2excited: :clap::2thumbs::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown ::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bow down::spyder2:

Another case of the :ani29: showing you just who is really in charge. :roflblack:

Glad the easy fix worked this time. :yes:

yamahog
02-20-2015, 09:29 PM

Ok took 10 mile trial run, bike ran like a champ till a few blocks from home, then all of a sudden it jumped from 2nd gear to 3rd and will not shift, I limped it home and tried the key walk again but no luck this time, tomorrow I will recheck all fuses and relays again, it is throwing code P0902 so looks like a bad fuse or connection. :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
02-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Ok took 10 mile trial run, bike ran like a champ till a few blocks from home, then all of a sudden it jumped from 2nd gear to 3rd and will not shift, I limped it home and tried the key walk again but no luck this time, tomorrow I will recheck all fuses and relays again, it is throwing code P0902 so looks like a bad fuse or connection. :dontknow:

P0902 says

Clutch Solenoid Shorted to ground

check fuse

Damaged clutch valve circuit
damaged circuit wires
damaged connector
damaged TCM output pins

Cruzr Joe

yamahog
02-20-2015, 09:38 PM
P0902 says

Clutch Solenoid Shorted to ground

check fuse

Damaged clutch valve circuit
damaged circuit wires
damaged connector
damaged TCM output pins

Cruzr Joe

Thanks that is what I came up with and since this began with the bike sitting in garage I feel certain it is either the fuse or connections just going to take some more tracing to find it. and of course winter is coming back and I don't have a heated garage LOL

SNOOPY
02-20-2015, 09:42 PM
I thought you didn't have winter in Texas? :shocked:

lol

yamahog
02-20-2015, 10:06 PM
I thought you didn't have winter in Texas? :shocked:

lol

Well not like up north but cold enough for me to stay inside LOL

SNOOPY
02-20-2015, 10:13 PM
:D

purpledog
02-20-2015, 10:34 PM
I had the identical problem after performing the same mods. On the lower left side there is a plug (maybe 8 connector?) that goes to all the solonoids. Two wires had pulled out of the bottom of the connector, but not enough so that you could see them until you pulled the connector out and turned it over. A difficult diagnosis and a difficult fix. I hope this is not the same problem you have, but thought I'd mention it so you could check.

yamahog
03-10-2015, 09:23 PM
I had the identical problem after performing the same mods. On the lower left side there is a plug (maybe 8 connector?) that goes to all the solonoids. Two wires had pulled out of the bottom of the connector, but not enough so that you could see them until you pulled the connector out and turned it over. A difficult diagnosis and a difficult fix. I hope this is not the same problem you have, but thought I'd mention it so you could check.

Looks like I got lucky, finally got a chance to work on it last couple days and found one wire lose on top of main plug for solenoids, pushed it back in heard a click now solid connection and so far it shifts great.
Will do a longer ride tomorrow for a final test.:spyder:

jcthorne
03-11-2015, 07:48 AM
I had loose wires in that connector too back when the bike was new. Mine were wires not properly crimped into the pins. Had to disassemble the connector, solder the pins on and then reassemble. Dealer wanted to replace the harness....

Never had a problem since but its beginning to look like whomever was assembling that connector on 2013 RTs was not the sharpest tool in the shed....

yamahog
04-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Just an update the lose connector was the problem, it also solved the stalling when shifting over 5000 rpm, such as trying to merge with fast highway traffic, so much for BRP blaming me for drag racing, it will shift near red line with no problem now. Thanks again for everyones help.:bowdown::bowdown:

SNOOPY
04-14-2015, 07:19 PM
:thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-15-2015, 09:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XwozVKOkzz4

:2thumbs: