PDA

View Full Version : Bumpskid

Gator37
02-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Just ordered a bumpskid from one of our sponsors for my pretty new Spyder RT. Was recommended highly that I add one of those first thing. Am new at this but will get there. :pray:

stormtrooper
02-19-2015, 08:17 PM
I also ordered the bumpskid (with the lights) but have yet to install it.It looks like a great product,well made and should last a long time :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Cool you will be happy that you got one, besides they look good on the Spyder, they look like they came from the factory with it.

Cruzr joe

Gator37
02-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Cool you will be happy that you got one, besides they look good on the Spyder, they look like they came from the factory with it.

Cruzr joe

Probably SHOULD come from the Factory with it.

samewok
02-19-2015, 09:15 PM
If you saw the damage that was on Joe's and mine before we changed them. You will be glad you got one.

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2015, 09:27 PM
be sure to show us some photos when you get it installed

Cruzr Joe

spacetiger
02-19-2015, 10:44 PM
+1 on the pic. Throw in one of the underside too.

In a month, look at your underside and relook at you initial underside pic to see the difference.

Ride safe...

Jerry

trikermutha
02-20-2015, 09:54 AM
anyone got a good picture of the new inlay bumpskid they could post??

Like to see the lights inlaid in the plastic before I jump on this bandwagon..:roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
02-20-2015, 01:09 PM
anyone got a good picture of the new inlay bumpskid they could post??

Like to see the lights inlaid in the plastic before I jump on this bandwagon..:roflblack:

here it is

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102485&stc=1

Looks pretty cool and it is plug and play.

Cruzr joe

trikermutha
02-21-2015, 11:03 PM
would you happen to have a close up of the inlay lights by chance??

Cruzr Joe
02-21-2015, 11:06 PM
would you happen to have a close up of the inlay lights by chance??

I am taking special requests, :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, Lights On or Off?

Cruzr joe

trikermutha
02-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Surprise me :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

I am taking special requests, :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, Lights On or Off?

Cruzr joe

Cruzr Joe
02-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Surprise me :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

here it is

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102546&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102547&stc=1

No wise guy comments on the the fact that my Spyder sleeps on s persian rug please, she is very sensitive.

Cruzr Joe

trikermutha
02-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Thank you!! You were a big help!!

Wish mine too :roflblack::roflblack:would sleep on a carpet..:roflblack::roflblack:

sorry had to do it...:yes:

here it is

No wise guy comments on the the fact that my Spyder sleeps on s persian rug please, she is very sensitive.

Cruzr Joe

OverHillAndDale
02-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Two things I learned on the installation... Holes 5 & 6. The nut clips slide from the back of the bike forward. I tried to come in from a u-shaped indention from the side and it just wouldn't fit.

Next, you'll either need to get the front end up farther than ramps will lift it because of the clearance you need to get a drill underneath the bike, and a VERY short drill. I was lucky and borrowed a short drill from my son.

blitzkreig
02-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Next, you'll either need to get the front end up farther than ramps will lift it because of the clearance you need to get a drill underneath the bike, and a VERY short drill. I was lucky and borrowed a short drill from my son.
Drill angle adapter ...

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=71623&cat=1,180,42334,71623

Cruzr Joe
02-23-2015, 07:23 PM
Still looking for somebodys photos.

3 Wheel Rider
02-23-2015, 11:32 PM
I placed an order last night for the Baja Ron Sway Bar (SPY135) and the SpyderPops Bumpskid (w/o lights; SPY147). I really like the way the inlayed LEDs look on the Bumpskid, but opted to get it w/o the LEDs because I've had problems with them (LEDs) on my 2-wheeled cruiser.

Cruzr Joe
02-24-2015, 01:22 AM
I placed an order last night for the Baja Ron Sway Bar (SPY135) and the SpyderPops Bumpskid (w/o lights; SPY147). I really like the way the inlayed LEDs look on the Bumpskid, but opted to get it w/o the LEDs because I've had problems with them (LEDs) on my 2-wheeled cruiser.

i hope you got the helm links for the sway bar also.

Cruzr Joe

3 Wheel Rider
02-24-2015, 09:55 PM
If I am not mistaken they won't sell the Baja Ron Sway Bar for the 2014 RTL without the new billet aluminum helm links. Can anyone confirm that this is a true statement??? Here is what is advertised...

THE SWAY BAR SET BELOW IS SHOWING THE SPY135 FOR THE 2013-14 RT! THESE
ARE THE ONLY SETS THAT COME WITH THE BILLET ALUMINUM END LINKS.
http://www.spyderpops.com/resources/_wsb_735x227_SPY135+BOXED.jpg
2013 - 2014 RT/RTS/RT LIMITED SWAY BAR KIT
NOW COMES WITH BILLET ALUMINUM END LINKS!
WE DON'T TRUST THE PLASTIC END LINKS THAT COME STOCK ON YOUR SPYDER AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

Cruzr Joe
02-24-2015, 10:01 PM
My understanding is that you now buy it as a set.

Cruzr Joe

jimnsusie
02-24-2015, 11:40 PM
Probably SHOULD come from the Factory with it.

It sounds like they really should. I also have one coming in the mail. I got the standard plain jane one, couldn't afford the pretty one with the lights. They do look nice. Can't wait to get it put on. Also getting ready to put on my kott grilles with the magnets. Finally went down and got the magnets. Just have to decide whether to use small screws to attach the magnets or glue.

OverHillAndDale
02-25-2015, 01:36 PM
You are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
02-25-2015, 01:42 PM
here it is

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102485&stc=1

Looks pretty cool and it is plug and play.

Cruzr joe

Darn! Now you got me thinking farkles again. Thanks a lot Joe. :roflblack::roflblack:

jimnsusie
02-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Drill angle adapter ...

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=71623&cat=1,180,42334,71623

This is something I need to get.

Cruzr Joe
02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Darn! Now you got me thinking farkles again. Thanks a lot Joe. :roflblack::roflblack:

Tis the season to be farkling, Dig a little deeper in that other pocket. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Well...........I succumbed to all the pretty pictures and comments. I have a bumpskid on the way. Going to have a friendly talk with the dealer about installing for me, as I don't want to be drilling or trying to find a way to get "under" my :spyder2:.

I complained yesterday that I was doing some shopping for farkles I did not "realy need," and look what happened? :yikes: Thanks ya all. :yes:

Cruzr Joe
02-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Well...........I succumbed to all the pretty pictures and comments. I have a bumpskid on the way. Going to have a friendly talk with the dealer about installing for me, as I don't want to be drilling or trying to find a way to get "under" my :spyder2:.

I complained yesterday that I was doing some shopping for farkles I did not "realy need," and look what happened? :yikes: Thanks ya all. :yes:

:yes::yes::yes::yes: Party time

Cruzr joe

ARtraveler
02-26-2015, 01:30 PM
And...Spyderpops is fast. It's already in transit. Tick, tick, tick...

:bowdown::bowdown: :firstplace::firstplace: :yes::yes:

JayBros
02-26-2015, 01:55 PM
I bought a plain old set from HF and there was just enough room to drill the holes to anchor the rearward edge of the bump skid. I used my plain old cord powered drill and standard bit. Just be careful you don't puncture a radiator hose.

3 Wheel Rider
02-26-2015, 09:42 PM
And Syderpops is fast. It's already in transit. Tick, tick, tick...

Yes Spyderpops is fast. I ordered mine on the 22d arrived today (26th), still waiting to hear something about the Baja Ron Sway Bar being shipped though.

UPDATE: Just learned the swaybar arrived on the 26th as well; not sure why the postman waited until today (28) to give me the key to the parcel box so I could retrieve it.

SPYDERPOPS
02-26-2015, 11:33 PM
I bought a plain old set from HF and there was just enough room to drill the holes to anchor the rearward edge of the bump skid. I used my plain old cord powered drill and standard bit. Just be careful you don't puncture a radiator hose.

We took great care to make sure the hoses are not in line with the guide holes. Unless you have one of those real long drill bits.

garageguy
03-03-2015, 01:14 PM
How do the lights connect to the RT on the SPY-147L? Didn't see anything on the installation instructions

garageguy

ARtraveler
03-03-2015, 02:06 PM
And...Spyderpops is fast. It's already in transit. Tick, tick, tick...

Its at the PO. I pick mine up today.

Also wondering about the plug and play feature of the lights. Did not see the info on the assembly directions on line.

3 Wheel Rider
03-09-2015, 10:59 PM
I am sure that this question has already been asked and answered a few times already so please bear with me as I ask it again... I have a 2014 RT Limited and am wondering... Does the bumpskid interfear with standard maintenance and service (oil changes, etc.)? Does it have to be removed prior to having routine maintenance done. I ask only because my local dealer does not install aftermarket accessories and I am worried that they will not service my Spyder if they have to figure out a way to remove it, they will break the tupperaware when trying to get it off, or they will charge me a heck of a lot more for service hours if they have to remove it and reattach it.

I believe I read somewhere that it mounts to the underside of the frunk and it doesnt affect the cooling of the engine but I dont recall anything about affecting maintenance or service. Any input would be appreciated.

trikermutha
03-10-2015, 12:06 AM
no it does not interfere with your drain plugs..

odyssey009
03-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Just ordered a bumpskid from one of our sponsors for my pretty new Spyder RT. Was recommended highly that I add one of those first thing. Am new at this but will get there. :pray:

Sir:
From where did you order your lighted bump skid?
Thank you,
Michael

stormtrooper
03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
How do the lights connect to the RT on the SPY-147L? Didn't see anything on the installation instructions

garageguy

Its plug n play.It plugs into your lights going to your fender lights.They give you a pig tail plug so there is no cutting of any wires.You just have to tie wrap the wires and thats it.

ARtraveler
03-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Sir:
From where did you order your lighted bump skid?
Thank you,
Michael

Spyderpops. He is on the vendor page. Service is fast and efficient. Order by 12:00 today and you will get it about 10:00 this morning. :roflblack::roflblack: Well, maybe not quite that fast. I was less than a week to get mine, and I am further away than most customers.

ARtraveler
03-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Its plug n play.It plugs into your lights going to your fender lights.They give you a pig tail plug so there is no cutting of any wires.You just have to tie wrap the wires and thats it.

:agree: x 2. Plug and play it is. The wiring instructions are included with the package. The web site for Spyderpops did not show sheet #2 (wiring instructions) the last time I looked. This is a "new and improved" version of the product.

JayBros
03-10-2015, 03:15 PM
We took great care to make sure the hoses are not in line with the guide holes. Unless you have one of those real long drill bits.

I had no problem with the hoses either but thought it wise in my comment to repeat Spyderpops' warning. Even though I always slow for speed bumps and go in and out of my driveway slowly and at an angle because of the grade, I have more peace of mind knowing the bump skid is there to protect the Tupperware.

Deke
03-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Not being the wrench-turning type, I had my local dealer install the Bump Skid with LEDs from SpyderPops, and BajaRon's Sway Bar, on my 2015 RT-S Special Series today.

She handles like a dream now! When I see a twistie, I hit the gas, not the brake, and it absolutely sticks the corner! Amazing what a difference!

And having hit a tire tread on my previous machine (2012 RT) resulting in $1300 damage, I feel much better having the bump skid on my Spyder. And with those LEDs shining, she's turning heads more than ever!

This has been a pretty darn good day for me and my Spyder!

Deke

3 Wheel Rider
03-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Deke, glad to hear how happy you are with your new FARKLES. My bumpskid and swaybar arrived a couple of weeks ago and I have been anxiously waiting my install appointment; it is supposed to get done on Saturday.

Dan McNally
03-11-2015, 08:21 PM
On a couple rides last summer, we got onto some roads that haven't seen maintenance crews for a long time and I bottomed out a few times . . . was really glad I had that bumpskid in place! nojoke

Highwayman2013
03-11-2015, 08:33 PM
What is amazing is after a few months of riding with the bumpskid on and then you look under there and see the scrapes on it. Great product.

jlg
03-13-2015, 02:42 PM
How does the wiring go together on this -- where do the LED's "plug in"???

ARtraveler
03-13-2015, 02:59 PM
How does the wiring go together on this -- where do the LED's "plug in"???

See post #38 above. It covers what the instruction sheet shows. I think I could even do it, but I am not going to jack up the :spyder2: and get underneath. Dealer is going to do mine.

Ben Burped
03-13-2015, 05:09 PM

I've been on the fence about the lighted bump skid. It looks great with the inlaid LEDs but I was concerned about cutting into the factory wiring harness. Now that it plugs into the existing harness it's time to dust off the VISA card and get one on the way. Will try to get before and after pictures to share here.

Deke
03-13-2015, 09:14 PM
I've been on the fence about the lighted bump skid. It looks great with the inlaid LEDs but I was concerned about cutting into the factory wiring harness. Now that it plugs into the existing harness it's time to dust off the VISA card and get one on the way. Will try to get before and after pictures to share here.

It's only money, Ben! And if you use plastic, it isn't even that! 😜

cougar
03-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Any drilling required? If so, how much?

ARtraveler
03-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Any drilling required? If so, how much?

I believe it is only two holes to drill. The skid uses all the other holes that the bottom plate used.

Dubld
03-16-2015, 01:06 PM
I ordered the Baja Ron Sway Bar kit and the LED Bumpskid from Spyderpops today. Having it shipped directly to my dealer to be installed next Monday. Very excited!

Dan

Dubld
03-23-2015, 08:07 PM
I endured a polar bear ride today to have the LED Bumpskid and BajaRon sway bar installed today. The Bumpskid looks even better in person. Haven't had a chance to fully test the sway bar yet, but it was pretty windy, and it seemed to handle better.

Dan

Cruzr Joe
03-23-2015, 08:28 PM
I endured a polar bear ride today to have the LED Bumpskid and BajaRon sway bar installed today. The Bumpskid looks even better in person. Haven't had a chance to fully test the sway bar yet, but it was pretty windy, and it seemed to handle better.

Dan

Now that looks good. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr joe

Dubld
03-23-2015, 11:13 PM
Now that looks good. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr joe

Thanks. The picture really doesn't do it justice. You need to see it in person to really appreciate. I saw pictures of it too, but after I saw it on my Spyder, I was blown away at how good it looks. Big props to Spyderpops for making such a great product!

Dan

vided
03-24-2015, 06:29 AM
here it is

Cruzr Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPE9a_epmWw

garageguy
03-24-2015, 08:54 AM
True I am happywith my led bumpskid as well had to drill 9 holes (7 in plastic and 2 in metal) The nose has to be lifted quite high to do this. Wiring was a snap Routing the wires to the connector near the inside of the right wheel was another

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk