PDA

View Full Version : I'm not that bad at math, so they shouldn't throw stones!

Magic Man
11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I have recently seen there is a "new" Spyder forum out there that has been making some real low blow remarks about this forum, and our webmaster. :(

Now, I'm all for "everybody is entitled to there own opinion", but some of the things said there just struck me wrong. :mad:

There were some very disparaging remarks made, calling into question the integrity of our webmaster, and of people here!

Now, I have sat back for quite some time and just shaken my head while this same individual has made some totally outlandish claims. Ones that sorry to say, call into question his own integrity! :opps:

This same person has the nerve to try to say that they have sold over 3000 of a product for Spyders, that any person with 2 eyes and half a brain knows this is not right. Yet they still try to portray this ruse every chance they get.

With BRP's estimated 2008 production of Spyders coming in someplace around 9000 units. This would mean ONE IN EVERY 3 Spyders has to have one of these items on it! I don't know about you, but I have seen a fair number of Spyders in traveling to rallies all around the country, and have yet to see just one of these items!

Now, is it me just being lucky, or is something not quite right here? I would think on average with ONE IN EVERY 3 Spyders having one of these items for this number to be true, I should have seen at least one in all my travels! :dontknow:

Bottom line is this...

Who really cares what the real number is! I hope it is a ton, and good for them! :clap:

However, when somebody says things like this, insulting the intelligence of anybody who can add or owns a calculator. They should be real careful making disparaging remarks about anybody's character!

You know its like they say....

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones! Or better yet "Let the one without sin throw the first stone!" :thumbup:

MM

jwfranklin
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I have recently seen there is a "new" Spyder forum out there that has been making some real low blow remarks about this forum, and our webmaster. :(

Now, I'm all for "everybody is entitled to there own opinion", but some of the things said there just struck me wrong. :mad:

There were some very disparaging remarks made, calling into question the integrity of our webmaster, and of people here!

Now, I have sat back for quite some time and just shaken my head while this same individual has made some totally outlandish claims. Ones that sorry to say, call into question his own integrity! :opps:

This same person has the nerve to try to say that they have sold over 3000 of a product for Spyders, that any person with 2 eyes and half a brain knows this is not right. Yet they still try to portray this ruse every chance they get.

With BRP's estimated 2008 production of Spyders coming in someplace around 9000 units. This would mean ONE IN EVERY 3 Spyders has to have one of these items on it! I don't know about you, but I have seen a fair numbers of Spyders in traveling to rallies all around the country, and have yet to see just one of these items!

Now, is it me just being lucky, or is something not quite right here? I would think on average with ONE IN EVERY 3 Spyders having one of these items for this number to be true, I should have seen at least one in all my travels! :dontknow:

Bottom line is this...

Who really cares what the real number is! I hope it is a ton, and good for them! :clap:

However, when somebody says things like this, insulting the inelegance of anybody who can add or owns a calculator. They should be real careful making disparaging remarks about anybody's character!

You know its like they say....

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones! Or better yet "Let the one without sin throw the first stone!" :thumbup:

MM

I have seen the same forum, ran by a certain w/s maker. I also seen on another forum, that he was getting so many bad reviews on other forums, that he had to start his own to get positive reviews.

Wayne

zzneonzz
11-10-2008, 01:09 PM
My Math is not so good but from all the posts that i have seen regarding this in the past it seems the individual in question has made 2 or 3 per customer before getting it right. Due to mounting issues or something else. So maybe they did sell 3000 products er or i should say shipped 3000 since that would only about to maybe 1000-1500 spyders actually having them installed. That number still seems high but i'm giving the benifit of the doubt here.

Now as for them bashing the site and its admin WHY can't we all just get along. Who cares if someone likes this product over another or this site over another. Everyone has there own likes and opinions that is what makes different choices so great...but we all have the Spyder in common and should just share our experiences good or bad and let the next person make their own decision. No reason to bash anyone elses tastes on mods/accessories.

Thats just my 2 cents lol

Magic Man
11-10-2008, 01:12 PM
WHY can't we all just get along.

:agree::agree::agree:

MM

BeRight
11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I prefer this site over the other two, mainly because members here are quicker to respond to problems/issues to help one another,and the technical support/mods contain greater details.

Also, we tend to agree to disagree and more on.

Example: Upon returning from 600 mile service I found anti-freeze under Spyder later that night. Within 5 minutes or less Lamonster solved my problem-the infamous cap not being fully closed.

Lamonster and others have also posted details, and in many cases step by step instructions (even idiots like me can follow), on mods and some maintenance tasks. All of us need to make the time and share with others even simple maintenance tasks like changing spark plugs, bleeding brakes, and mods etc, with pictures and text.

IMHO - this site is the best site going and I wish everyone involved continued success.:thumbup:

Bersquack
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
OK, just because I'm a geek we'll run the numbers. Kids, don't try this at home I am a professional.

Let's assume that there are in fact 9000 spyders out there and that this windshield maker did indeed make 3000 spyder windshield. With this assumption, one would think that the probability of a spyder having said windshield is 1/3.

Now magic man (shake n' bake bro!!!) has seen lots of spyders. Let's assume MM has seen 100 spyders. The probability that out of those 100 spyders seen by MM do not have the specific windshield is (2/3)^100, which is equivalent to 0.000000000000000246% chance. Or in english: impossible. Even if MM had seen 15 spyders the probability is still only 0.23%

That's all I had to say.

At the end of the day, I'm a spyder lover, not a spyder fighter.

tatt2r
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
OK, just because I'm a geek we'll run the numbers. Kids, don't try this at home I am a professional.

Let's assume that there are in fact 9000 spyders out there and that this windshield maker did indeed make 3000 spyder windshield. With this assumption, one would think that the probability of a spyder having said windshield is 1/3.

Now magic man (shake n' bake bro!!!) has seen lots of spyders. Let's assume MM has seen 100 spyders. The probability that out of those 100 spyders seen by MM do not have the specific windshield is (2/3)^100, which is equivalent to 0.000000000000000246% chance. Or in english: impossible. Even if MM had seen 15 spyders the probability is still only 0.23%

That's all I had to say.

At the end of the day, I'm a spyder lover, not a spyder fighter.
:yikes:
thank god i do tattoos cuz i have no idea what your talking about ....hahahah

tatt2r
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
START A GANG .???
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/tatt2r/CLUB.jpg

Bersquack
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey TaTT2r, the world is a better place because I do no ink people for a living. Believe me, I can't even do match-stick men!!!

tatt2r
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Hey TaTT2r, the world is a better place because I do no ink people for a living. Believe me, I can't even do match-stick men!!!

AND I AM ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD WITH NUMBERS CUZ I'M NOT ....

Bersquack
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Tat, I checked you webpage a while ago and was very impressed with your work. I'm just an actuary, I predict death and destruction!:2thumbs:

4leafpat
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
How far is Salem from Manchester? I go there a few times a year, the next time I will have to drop in for some "inkin". Pat

tatt2r
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
How far is Salem from Manchester? I go there a few times a year, the next time I will have to drop in for some "inkin". Pat

we are at exit 1 manchester is exit 5 or 6 off rt 93 about 20 miles

SSPSpyder
11-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I wish him luck with his website, but it was either last week or the week before I checked it and there was only 5 new posts for the entire week.:shocked:
I check ST also, but this site is my favorite.
A round of applause for Lamonster, it takes a huge amount of time and effort to keep this thing going.:clap:

Spyderman62
11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah a Gang..... Watch out for our Venom!

IMRU3
11-10-2008, 06:09 PM
They must be so desperate to rebuild their tarnished image that the only weapon they have is to put down other people to make themselves look good. How pathetic is that!!!

jedd
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
WT:cus: I'm in for a gang Lamont Pres., MM C.E.O.,Bersquack Tresurer, and Tat2r Color Guard. I'll be the fat ass member who does nothing but inject unwanted opinions--and create diversions when needed:2thumbs:

tatt2r
11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
WT:cus: I'm in for a gang Lamont Pres., MM C.E.O.,Bersquack Tresurer, and Tat2r Color Guard. I'll be the fat ass member who does nothing but inject unwanted opinions--and create diversions when needed:2thumbs:

:firstplace::firstplace::firstplace::firstplace:

jwfranklin
11-10-2008, 06:46 PM

Hey wait a minute, that's my job. nojoke

4leafpat
11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Great. I usually drive up from Boston, so that will work!

vwatso
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
nothing worse than a (spyder-hater)

I guess I have not seen the neg posts that were mentioned. I think most everyone knows lamont is a stand up guy, who does a great job and has a great site. I know Lamont, as well as his perferred venders on the home page have helped me out a great deal.

vwatso

ataDude
11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
nothing worse than a (spyder-hater)

I guess I have not seen the neg posts that were mentioned. I think most everyone knows lamont is a stand up guy, who does a great job and has a great site. I know Lamont, as well as his perferred venders on the home page have helped me out a great deal.

vwatso

I've been hanging with Lamont since 1999 and the Valkyrie start-up days. You're right... he is a stand-up guy... as well as Magic Man, Kewl Metal and the entire crews of both of those companies. I haven't bought from anyone else... don't know.

Trickie Dick
11-11-2008, 08:08 AM
I stumbled on the other site a few days ago and it struck me right away that this guy has a problem. I haven't seen anything but good on Spyder Lovers (maybe some sarcasum but still good). I was thinking that I am going to be in the market for a w/s soon as my spyder is due in by end of month, but I find it hard to do business with someone who exhibits that kind of attutude. I also noticed that he only has a few over there who have drank his cool aid. Not much traffic.

Thanks to you all for all the information you put out on Spyder Lovers. I am learning alot.

cisaacs
11-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I know I don't have a spyder now and do not post much but I do still read every new post every day. After reading this one I spent a lot of time trying to find what the fuss is about and could not believe what they was saying. He must be new to the internet to think that there is not millions of people setting out there that get paid to send span and get io sites for info. It is just common sense that we all have anti virus and firewalls on our personal computers why would he not need it on a site. Why would anyone here want to target there site and take time away from his family and work to mess with one person. It all sounds like BS to me. I know Lamont and have been to his plce several times, he has always been nice to everyone and given every person a chance. He is one of those people that thinks everyone is a good person until proven otherwise. Lamonster has always went out of his way to help me including helping me change my drive belt when I got a rock through it and hooked me up with set of highway brackets when I had no money to pay for them. He loves life and does everything in his power to help everyone any way he can. Just my 2 cents worth. I fell I am a better person by knowing him and take a lot of his life experiences with me which gives me a brighter outlook on life. Lamont has been through a lot of the same things I am going through right now and he is an inspiration to me and my family.

I want to be like Lamont when I grow up.