PDA

View Full Version : Eye Surgery

Roadster Renovations
02-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Having two eye surgeries Wednesday morning. Won't be on for a few days probably. I have plenty of stock in Roadster Renovations stuff if anyone needs to order anything. The wife will be able to fill and ship it! See everyone on the flip side!

LEEB
02-17-2015, 08:54 PM
I wish you the very best Doc!!

JayBros
02-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Good luck, Doc and swift healing.
Semper Fi!

lwrydr
02-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Hope all goes well.....

Jackspyder
02-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Wishing for the best and quick healing.

tip
02-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Good luck with the surgery and a speedy and complete recovery!! While you can't see think up some more of your neat ideas,
Tip

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Good luck with the surgery, and speedy recovery. Sounds like the time frame needed for Lasik surgery???? I had mine done two years ago and I love it.

Cruzr Joe
02-17-2015, 09:48 PM
good luck, we will keep an eye out for your return.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
02-17-2015, 09:49 PM
wishing you a speedy recovery. Give it time to heal well take it from someone who has had a lot of eye problems and surgeries...:pray:

DJFaninTN
02-18-2015, 12:57 AM
stay away from bb guns for a while

http://blogs.lowellsun.com/sweetpetes/files/2013/09/ARRalphie_Steve.jpg

Roadster Renovations
02-18-2015, 05:03 AM
Thanks! No, not Lasik surgery. I had a partial retinal detachment in July last year and have a lot of garbage floating around in the vitreous, the jelly-like fluid that fills the inside of the eye. After they remove those the cataract surgeon will replace my lens in that eye that has a cataract growing.

RBS66
02-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Good luck with your surgery.

Bob Denman
02-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Thanks! No, not Lasik surgery. I had a partial retinal detachment in July last year and have a lot of garbage floating around in the vitreous, the jelly-like fluid that fills the inside of the eye. After they remove those the cataract surgeon will replace my lens in that eye that has a cataract growing.

:shocked: Been there, and done that... (Total detachment due to diabetic retinopathy...) You'll learn to look through the "floaters"... :thumbup:
:lecturef_smilie:Mind what the Doctors tell you, and heal quickly and completely!
You're in our thoughts and prayers... ;)

oldguyinTX
02-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Best of luck Doc, and hope to see you back here soon.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Highwayman2013
02-18-2015, 10:43 AM
Good luck and quick healing.

DJFaninTN
02-18-2015, 11:01 AM

I had the cataract surgery last year and I will say it is wonderful. still need reading glasses for the small stuff but boy howdy it's great not to have to purchase expensive glasses anymore :thumbup:

tofriendscreek
02-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Been there on retinal detachments and cataracts. Keep your head down for the retina, you'll learn to distinguish between floaters and bugs/gnats and marvel at seeing clearly with no glasses after cataract surgery. Regards for a complete and quick recovery

BikerDoc
02-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Wish you a speedy recovery and successful outcome

OJ UK
02-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
Good luck Doc! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery. :yes:

Roadster Renovations
02-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Well, everything went pretty well. Only glitch was when the cataract doctor put the lens in upside down. They now fold it in half to put it in. This way they don't have to make a large incision. Well, when it open up it evidently opened facing down. Opps. Took a few minutes for the retinologist to help the other doctor and get it out and placed correctly. Once they got that done a few sutures and done. Then the real work started. The retinologist insert two tools into my eyeball; one a light and the other a little needle with a vacuum attachment. She then proceeded to vacuum 95% of the floaters. The only ones she left were the ones too close to the retina to safely remove. The last step was too use a very small laser in the hole to finish the spot welds to attach the retina that she had been unable to get back in July with the larger, external machine.
The neat thing about this was that it was done with me awake and my eye blocked and unmovable. I was fascinated to see that little vacuum move around a chase those floaters around and make them disappear. I few small sutures in each penetration and she was done. All in all, both surgeries took a total of two hours. I cannot say enough about the Doctors and staff of the Indianapolis VA hospital. They are AWESOME!
Here is a pictures of what they did in the second surgery:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102437&stc=1

Thanks for all the well wishes. Looking at the diagram i see three holes were made. The third one is to replace the fluid that was taken out with the debris. I go back in the morning to have the pressure patch removed by them. Should be able to see how much improvement. I wouldn't want to wish this surgery on anyone, but in my case the cataract was getting worse, I had so much debris in my eye field my vision was 20/400, so it was worth the risk. All I can say is have your eyes checked annually and if you have any ink jets suddenly in your vision field, contact the ER immediately. A detached retina can be repaired if caught in time. Very small window though!

Roadster Renovations
02-18-2015, 07:50 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102439&stc=1

Here is what they did.

Trickie Dick
02-18-2015, 08:52 PM
I had cataract surgery about 5 years ago. At the time, the clinic where I had it done had done over 75,000 cataract surgeries by then . I went back to them about 6 months ago with the floater thing that Doc had his procedure for. They were over 100,000 by then. It was one of the smoothest production operations I've ever seen. Very competent people.
Turns out I had a torn retina. I was completely blind in one eye by then. It happened pretty fast. As Doc said, the surgery is done with you awake and it was pretty interesting with the needles and lasers. In my case I must say it has been a success. No floaters at all. Some lose of vision in one eye but correctable.
Doc, I think you will be pleased with the results. Good Luck with your recovery. I suspect you will have to sleep on your side for awhile but no big deal, right. Certainly better than the alternative.

Semper Fi!

Roadster Renovations
02-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Just had my eye checked at the VA from yesterdays surgery and it went from 20/400 to 20/20. Awesome!

Bob Denman
02-19-2015, 05:52 PM
:congrats:
Thanks for the Good News! :2thumbs:

JayBros
02-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Congratulations, Doc! Good to hear too the VA did so well by you.

spydaman60
02-19-2015, 06:11 PM
quick healing my friend!! :thumbup:

Spyder 42
02-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Heal up quickly!

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Heal up quickly!

That was mean moe, he can't help how slow he heals. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe