PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT Jack Points

RandyP
02-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Looking to put my 2014 RT up on jacks to install Bajaron sway bars. I am not sure exactly where to locate them without damaging any thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chupaca
02-17-2015, 06:37 PM
on what you have to work with. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102406&stc=1 points would be under the A arms close to the front wheels and under the rear shock. If you have the ATV/motorcycle type (the yellow one) under the engine to lift the whole machine all at once. Once up support with stands. One member used two ramps hooked to his truck and ran the front end up blocked the rear tires and worked great. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-17-2015, 06:38 PM
on what you have to work with. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102406&stc=1 points would be under the A arms close to the front wheels and under the rear shock. If you have the ATV/motorcycle type (the yellow one) under the engine to lift the whole machine all at once. Once up support with stands. One member used two ramps hooked to his truck and ran the front end up blocked the rear tires and worked great. :thumbup:

:agree::agree:

Cruzr Joe

stormtrooper
02-17-2015, 06:50 PM
I just did the sway bar and put the Spyder on car ramps to do most of the work.Then used the Craftsman jack pictured above to lift the Spyder up to remove the old bar and install the new bar then lowered it back on the car ramps to finish the job.If you look under your Spyder you will see the frame in the middle of the Spyder. Use that as your jack lifting spot.

RandyP
02-18-2015, 07:36 AM
I have no problem lifting the RT I just was not sure where to put the jack stands and did not know I could set it on the rear shock.

Again Thanks

JayBros
02-18-2015, 07:48 AM
I am not certain if it applies to the 2014 RT series but elsewhere on SL there are warnings not to lift the Spyder by placing the jack under the rear shock as it bends the shock bolt and then it can be difficult to remove it. Am I mistaken?

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-18-2015, 10:51 AM
I am not certain if it applies to the 2014 RT series but elsewhere on SL there are warnings not to lift the Spyder by placing the jack under the rear shock as it bends the shock bolt and then it can be difficult to remove it. Am I mistaken?

:agree:....However if you use a wood block wide enough to span the bracket (that the BOLT goes thru) then you are essentially lifting the frame and not the BOLT.....Mike :thumbup:

JayBros
02-18-2015, 11:13 AM
:agree:....However if you use a wood block wide enough to span the bracket (that the BOLT goes thru) then you are essentially lifting the frame and not the BOLT.....Mike :thumbup:

Thanks for clarifying the issue and setting me straight. I should have looked under my :spyder2: before I opened my yap and would have seen exactly how it can be done w/o bending the bolt. Obviously there are some owners who have missed this point.