PDA

View Full Version : DPS issue for 2010RT

Boyd2010RT
02-16-2015, 05:51 PM
My DPS (power assist steering) is not working at all. I have the "Check DPS" signal blinking on the display and have checked the codes (as I recall they were PO51 and PO52, but I am not sure.

What are the chances that I just have a bad connection at a connector (that I probably can fix)? - OR (hopefully not) do I need major repairs by the dealer?

Thanks in advance
Boyd

SpyderAnn01
02-16-2015, 06:03 PM
P0551 and P0552 both say to replace DPS. I hope that isn't necessary as it sounds expensive. Good luck.

Pennyrick
02-16-2015, 08:12 PM
P0551 and P0552 both say to replace DPS. I hope that isn't necessary as it sounds expensive. Good luck.

A great number of 2010's had a factory replacement on the DPS unit. I can recall waiting two weeks for my replacement part to come in because BRP's vendor couldn't make the replacement part fast enough.

I would call the dealer and have the VIN of your unit checked to see if it was one of those subject to getting a replacement part. If it was, the next step would be to see if it was ever replaced. BRP should have a record of that and the dealer could check that out.

Boyd2010RT
02-17-2015, 11:47 AM
My DPS was replaced during that recall campaign - and it worked just fine until it just quit doing anything.

I hope that it is just a bad connection in a connector and that a replacement of the DPS is NOT required. I will check the connectors when I get a chance. Just not looking forward to removing the Frunk and whatever else that I have to remove to get to the connectors (including the "bump skid").

Boyd

stormtrooper
02-17-2015, 12:26 PM
When I had my 2010 RS there was a recall.The dealer replaced my DPS at no charge.Not sure if it also was for the RT.I would assume it was for all 2010's

Pennyrick
02-17-2015, 12:31 PM
My DPS was replaced during that recall campaign - and it worked just fine until it just quit doing anything.

I hope that it is just a bad connection in a connector and that a replacement of the DPS is NOT required. I will check the connectors when I get a chance. Just not looking forward to removing the Frunk and whatever else that I have to remove to get to the connectors (including the "bump skid").

Boyd

Another thing to check would be battery connections and battery health. The DPS unit draws a bunch of power out of the Spyder's electrical system and a weak battery can also cause the DPS to stop assisting... it can also interfere with a lot of other things such as Throttle body operations.

My wife's RT developed the loss of power steering while on a trip last year and we finally sourced it to a bad battery.

Boyd2010RT
02-19-2015, 12:48 PM
My question is "CAN it be a connector"?

If connectors are not possibly the cause of my issue with no power steering assist and the "steering issue orange message", then I won't bother to remove the frunk and whatever else I would need to remove to check the connectors - I will just take it to the dealer.

Dragonrider
02-19-2015, 01:03 PM
They'll just put it on BUDS & tell you the DPS has to be replaced... you'll never know if an easier/cheaper fix was an option.

Ronsam
02-19-2015, 02:20 PM
My DPS (power assist steering) is not working at all. I have the "Check DPS" signal blinking on the display and have checked the codes (as I recall they were PO51 and PO52, but I am not sure.

What are the chances that I just have a bad connection at a connector (that I probably can fix)? - OR (hopefully not) do I need major repairs by the dealer?

Thanks in advance
Boyd

I got the same problem last year . I pull the fuses in the front and install them back . No more problem.;)