PDA

View Full Version : Tri-axis Handle Bars Installed

bluestratos
02-16-2015, 12:14 PM
I installed the tri-axis handle bars this weekend and this also gave me chance to see how all of my wiring would affect the removal of the dash, of which I found 1 minor issue that had to be corrected. The handle bars were easy to install overall, just a lot of parts need to come off to get to the parts of the handle bar that need to come off for the new part.

After a quick ride I can sure tell the difference, being short (5-8"), the bars work best for me swept well back and slightly down. I can now lean back into the seat and take the strain off of my back and I plan to adjust even further back for the next ride.

This is project that having a helper would really be nice but not necessary. I had help the day before to get a jump start on it (my good buddy Don) but I was able to reinstall the dash on my own. The worst for me is having to get up and down for tools or to get panels off/on and move them to/from somewhere out of the way.

So yes, they are great and yes they are a do it yourself project if you have a good selection of standard hand tools.

SpyderAnn01
02-16-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't think I could have another Spyder without the TriAxis bars, they make the ride much more comfortable. You're right, they are not hard to install but might be intimidating for the feint of heart. Glad you got it done.

Chupaca
02-16-2015, 12:21 PM
congrats..!! :2thumbs: sounds like you had a good experience with this install. Glad it all worked out nicely, taking your time makes all the difference..:thumbup:

ThreeWheels
02-16-2015, 12:33 PM
It makes you wonder why these options aren't offered as part of the factory build of the Spyder.
It would be a lot less expensive if you could have the Tri Axis bars installed in the first place.
Same goes with all the chrome doodads.

Just a thought

PW2013STL
02-16-2015, 12:50 PM
I am glad it all worked out for you and I agree that they are worth the effort. Enjoy!

bscrive
02-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Great job bluestratos,

I am installing a set on my wife's ST Limited this weekend. I already put on a set of RT bars to make sure they fit and she is really looking forward to trying the Tri Axis bars out. Although, she will have to wait another 4 -8 weeks to really try them out.

garb55
02-16-2015, 02:55 PM
It makes you wonder why these options aren't offered as part of the factory build of the Spyder.
It would be a lot less expensive if you could have the Tri Axis bars installed in the first place.
Same goes with all the chrome doodads.

Just a thought

They make more money this way
Most manufactures are this way
They offer different packages but if you want something different it is a dealer add on and usually cost you more

finless
02-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Can I just ask if you used my videos and if they were helpful?

Not trying to grab a spotlight but I spent a lot of time on them so I hope they were helpful?

Just looking for some feedback since I never seem to get any as to if my videos help or not :(

I might just have to post only on Facebook since it seems I get much more feedback about them there than here.....
e.g. what can I do better? What works? what helps?

It's odd to me that I get almost nothing for feedback from this place :(
I am not sure why that is the case either.... Maybe too much of a "click" here or something.... It's a little disappointing to be honest.

Anyway, if you used my videos or not... sounds like you like them as I do! :2thumbs:

It's almost a MUST HAVE for a spyder as no two riders are alike and adjustability for comfort is the key!

Bob

bscrive
02-16-2015, 08:36 PM
I looked at your video Bob for my install this coming weekend :thumbup:. It gave me some ideas how to overcome some issues I would have only seen when I had everything apart. This way I can get the stuff before I start.

Did any of you guys put on the new GPS holder? How is the new wiring routed since it doesn't look like it goes through the bars like the original?

chuck gross
02-16-2015, 09:41 PM

Not trying to grab a spotlight but I spent a lot of time on them so I hope they were helpful?

Just looking for some feedback since I never seem to get any as to if my videos help or not :(

I might just have to post only on Facebook since it seems I get much more feedback about them there than here.....

I am not sure why that is the case either.... Maybe too much of a "click" here or something.... It's a little disappointing to be honest.

Anyway, if you used my videos or not... sounds like you like them as I do! :2thumbs:

It's almost a MUST HAVE for a spyder as no two riders are alike and adjustability for comfort is the key!

Bob

Bob, I used your video when I put the Baja Ron sway bar on my Wife's RT Made all the difference on the visual end of things so keep up the good work my friend :thumbup:

SpyderCruiser
02-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Bob,
Yes, I find you video's useful please keep up the excellent work.:clap: Before I start a farkle or maintenance project first place I go is your YouTube page.

Not to hijack the thread, I have a question and have been unable to find an answer. I have a 2015 rt limited and the gps mounts to the bottom of the handle bars with 2 screws. This is the new version of the Zumo.

The triaxis handle bars I purchased have only 1 tiny hole at the top which I assume is for the gps. How do I adapt my 2015 gps to the triaxis bars?

finless
02-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Thanks guys... But I am not looking for accolades...
I am looking for what helped? What can I do better? What info I can do to help....

I love to teach and figure if I am doing something why not teach as best I can... My Mom was a teacher so it's somehow ingrained in me...

So just looking for some feedback from others as to what you all need to see.

Then if you used my videos, what helped and what did I miss! Again, can I improve these?

I will never try to sell these or make some kind of profit from them! So if someone thinks I am trying to become some kind of commercial thing doing them, you are sorely wrong about me. I simply like to share and help others and I get great enjoyment in doing so. That is my only motivation...

So maybe some think to not mention my vids because of some commercial stupid thing?
Just clarifying who I am and why....

Bob

finless
02-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Bob,
Yes, I find you video's useful please keep up the excellent work.:clap: Before I start a farkle or maintenance project first place I go is your YouTube page.

Not to hijack the thread, I have a question and have been unable to find an answer. I have a 2015 rt limited and the gps mounts to the bottom of the handle bars with 2 screws. This is the new version of the Zumo.

The triaxis handle bars I purchased have only 1 tiny hole at the top which I assume is for the gps. How do I adapt my 2015 gps to the triaxis bars?

With the tri-axis handlebars the GPS mount is different. BRP sells a different GPS mount for the tri-axis handlebars

BUT... you can easily DIY a RAM mount for it and in fact some vendors here on SL sell one.

To be honest, I hate the GPS on the center of the handlebars. The screen becomes almost invisible when out in the sun. It's far better to mount it under the dash.
This is my solution:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?65615-DIY-GPS-mount-and-hookup-with-12V-outlet-video

Bob

stormtrooper
02-16-2015, 11:32 PM
:agree: Tri-axis bars is not really that hard of a job.I did mine a few weeks ago and they look sweet :yes:

bluestratos
02-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Yes, I watched all three to start. I have had the dash off before so it was a good refresher. The new bars are self explanitory but I still was glad I watched your video first. Thanks Bob!

Bob