PDA

View Full Version : Dislike this post??

wyliec
02-16-2015, 06:50 AM
I just noticed it today. When did that happen?

I'm thinking that may cause some good cat fights.

PrairieSpyder
02-16-2015, 07:08 AM
It must have happened during last night. It wasn't there when I went to bed.

But I like the option.

Don in E Texas
02-16-2015, 07:15 AM
.....don't really see a need for it - might cause more problems that cure. I'd hate to push the wrong button by mistake.

Just my first reaction.

Don

granpa in Cincy
02-16-2015, 07:24 AM
It replaced the 'me too' :gaah:

OJ UK
02-16-2015, 07:39 AM
It happened once before a few months back....soon disappeared.

Seems to happen when some techie tweaking is goin' on.

MouthPiece
02-16-2015, 08:06 AM
It will only cause problems if the "receiver" allows it to cause problems. Words have no power. How we react is the only way to give them power.

Chris

cuznjohn
02-16-2015, 08:27 AM
i am guessing if you dislike a post it is reported and recorded

Bob Denman
02-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Well; I'm still going to ":do my thing", and let the chips fall where they may...

OJ UK
02-16-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm confused, Bob! :roflblack:

granpa in Cincy
02-16-2015, 08:34 AM
It has changed ALL 'me too' posts to 'dislikes' . nojoke :yikes: :banghead:

kep-up
02-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Maybe there should be a "don't really care" button?

cuznjohn
02-16-2015, 08:51 AM
i don't know about the rest of the people on the forum, but i would never dislike a post unless it is a out right attack on another member, otherwise people could post whatever they want, if i don't enjoy the post i just move on

DLewis
02-16-2015, 08:56 AM
i don't know about the rest of the people on the forum, but i would never dislike a post unless it is a out right attack on another member, otherwise people could post whatever they want, if i don't enjoy the post i just move on
I would check "me too" but I can't!! :yikes:

granpa in Cincy
02-16-2015, 09:27 AM
I would check "me too" but I can't!! :yikes:

Sure you can. Click on your name, select profile, then look at posts thanks / likes.

Jeriatric
02-16-2015, 09:33 AM
and for some it is another step forward.
All that's needed now is a blocked by box next to the friends box. :roflblack:

nojoke

I just noticed it today. When did that happen?

I'm thinking that may cause some good cat fights.

PrairieSpyder
02-16-2015, 09:43 AM
OK, y'all have convinced me. I DISLIKE the new feature.

oldgoat
02-16-2015, 09:59 AM
At one point last evening I was having a lot of difficulty with the site. Maybe it was in the process of being changed (hacked?) then.

Chupaca
02-16-2015, 10:06 AM
did have problems with the site yesterday..guess they were making changes. This still goes to the age old saying.."if you have nothing good to say..say nothing at all." jmo but if you don't like a post...move on..:thumbup:

Topshotta
02-16-2015, 10:08 AM
It's been there for a while now

SpyderAnn01
02-16-2015, 10:12 AM
I wonder if all of the posts that I hit the "me too" button now have me disliking them instead?

vided
02-16-2015, 10:16 AM
It will only cause problems if the "receiver" allows it to cause problems. Words have no power. How we react is the only way to give them power.

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCysb4_-4jU

granpa in Cincy
02-16-2015, 10:38 AM
It has changed ALL 'me too' posts to 'dislikes' . nojoke :yikes: :banghead:

I wonder if all of the posts that I hit the "me too" button now have me disliking them instead?

YES!

granpa in Cincy
02-16-2015, 10:44 AM
It's been there for a while now

It wasn't there on 2/3. I me-too'd cuszjon's measle post and now it shows dislike. nojoke

BajaRon
02-16-2015, 12:07 PM
So, if you 'Dislike' it today, will it show up as a 'Me Too' in a few days?

Sounds like a politician!

Bob Denman
02-16-2015, 12:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V5-2-Xh0wxk

kep-up
02-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Right on!

ARtraveler
02-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Well; I'm still going to ":do my thing", and let the chips fall where they may...

Me Too! No button to express my opinion now. :roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
02-16-2015, 02:24 PM
It appears to have happened last night about 6:00 my time. Was not able to come onto the SL site. A page with computer programming stuff showed and the header page with a message that the site was not accepting cookies.

This AM, I noticed the "dislike the post" button was back. Several of us mentioned this way back when, and soon the "Me Too" button appeared instead of.

I do hope that previous "Me Toos" do not get changed to "Dislike." I have used the Me Too button a lot, and the change over will surely convey a wrong meaning on my part.

I prefer that we do not have a "dislike" button. Also agree with many of the reasons posted above. Personally, if I dislike a thread or a post, I just say nothing. No reason to start something up over something that is usually trivial.

Waiting to see if the Admin does anything. :bbq::bbq::bbq:

2Paw
02-16-2015, 02:33 PM
that this happened once before with a software upgrade/update and Lamont had to change it.:yikes:

granpa in Cincy
02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
I do hope that previous "Me Toos" do not get changed to "Dislike." I have used the Me Too button a lot, and the change over will surely convey a wrong meaning on my part.

Don't get your hopes up too high. They all changed. nojoke

In order to check them click on your name, select profile, then look at posts thanks / likes and see how many dislikes appear before today.

ARtraveler
02-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Don't get your hopes up too high. They all changed. nojoke

In order to check them click on your name, select profile, then look at posts thanks / likes and see how many dislikes appear before today.

Thanks for the information.

I am not going to worry about something over which I have no control. If it causes a "fight," which I doubt will happen, I have a pretty good excuse, since I have never used a dislike button when it actually was available.

murphybrown
02-16-2015, 03:43 PM

Chris

That is pure, unaltered TRUTH...thanks..for this from me you get a LIKE....:bowdown:

Bob Denman
02-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Me too! :2thumbs:

:shocked: Oh... Where did that button go?? :dontknow:

:roflblack:

cuznjohn
02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
there is one thing i can see the dislike option doing, lets say your a person like me that posts some stuff that others don't care for. so if you get a dislike than that gives the poster the chance to delete the post so no one else doesn't dislike it. if i get a negative reply to a post and i think the person has a good opinion and reason to not like my post i will delete it.

Bob Denman
02-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Cuzn...

Post what you like, and hope that it's filling a need. :thumbup:
:lecturef_smilie: But remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E3mWpr5N-mM

I would personally only hit that button to express dislike over a personal attack.
I may not like what somebody has to say; it's still their right to say it.
(Until Lamonster bites them... :shocked:)

robmorg
02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
It happened once before a few months back....soon disappeared.

Seems to happen when some techie tweaking is goin' on.My guess is that there was an update to the forum software supplied by the vendor. The "Dislike" option is probably a default that got reset, probably due to an oversight in the update patches, and Lamont hasn't changed it back yet. This software is used by many forum sites. There are MANY options that the forum administrator has control over. (For example, the option to allow users to delete messages after a few minutes is usually NOT turned on in most forums that use this same software.)