PDA

View Full Version : Elka vs Fox Shocks

pauly1
02-15-2015, 09:36 AM
With no adjustment on the stock F3 rear coil-over setup, I want to replace it. Options are Fox Podium 2 from BRP and Elka. Opinions are rather free on this forum: what's yours relative to the 'best' 'performance' shock and why?

p.s. I see the 'Triple Threat' build employed both sets of Fox coil-overs.

Wayne

Chupaca
02-15-2015, 10:22 AM
but from the posts and threads here..Elkas are the shock of choice. Race Tech makes a great shock as well and if you want the more agressive ones those would be the way to go. Got sponsors here that can help. I find if the vehicle manufacturer offers alternatives they will not be the best out there...jmo..:thumbup:

Ronbo
02-15-2015, 11:05 AM
With no adjustment on the stock F3 rear coil-over setup, I want to replace it. Options are Fox Podium 2 from BRP and Elka. Opinions are rather free on this forum: what's yours relative to the 'best' 'performance' shock and why?

p.s. I see the 'Triple Threat' build employed both sets of Fox coil-overs.

Wayne

I also have an F3 and I love it what is your take on the rear shock it seems very stiff and inflexible to me

ron

pauly1
02-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Ronbo: I've only 'ridden' mine on the dealer's floor as a) it's still salty out in MN and b) it's on its way! That stated, it seems very soft.

Chupaca: Elka gets talked about a lot on here because they are a sponsor. Elka and Fox both make aftermarket products for a range of vehicles. Have you ridden on both products?

Wayne

Ronbo
02-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Ronbo: I've only 'ridden' mine on the dealer's floor as a) it's still salty out in MN and b) it's on its way! That stated, it seems very soft.

Chupaca: Elka gets talked about a lot on here because they are a sponsor. Elka and Fox both make aftermarket products for a range of vehicles. Have you ridden on both products?

Wayne

I think you are right, I got it backwards. It is so soft, that it is bottoming on abrupt bumps. Thanks for your observations. Either way, I'm going for a new rear shock. I absolutely love the bike, it is an engineering marvel. I'll just be fine-tuning to suit me.

Ron