PDA

View Full Version : ufit for f3

dvmdf
02-15-2015, 03:08 AM
Got my white f3 s a few days ago. She is a beauty. When I asked the dealer about u fit they said that all units are stock bar and position 3 on foot pegs. They did not do any fitting. The recommendation was to ride and if it's uncomfortable come back and start buying parts and do the trial and error approach. The brp site recommends stock bar and position 4. Just wondering if other dealers do the fit before selling the F 3s

etaoin
02-15-2015, 05:13 AM
My local dealer had an F3 on the showroom floor that had a U-Fit system rigged-up in demo mode (I guess that's what you'd call it) where the pegs and handle bars could be quickly changed right there so you could sit on it and see/feel the difference immediately. I don't think you could ride it this way but it surely helped get your comfort in the ball park with less hassle.

OJ UK
02-15-2015, 06:37 AM
There are always going to be dealers who just want to 'shift boxes'. All reputable dealers will offer to adjust
the foot pegs and handle bars to suit the purchaser. If they don't offer this as a free service then vote with your wallet
and shop elsewhere..

SPYD3R
02-15-2015, 08:17 AM
MY DEALER, POWERSPORTS OF GREENVILLE, ADDED THE 'BAR' FOR THE NUMBER 5 POSITIONS BECAUSE I'M 6'1', AND THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME A DIME... AND THEY GAVE ME THE ONE THAT CAME WITH MY F3...
I'D HAVE TO SAY YOUR DEALER NEEDS TO TAKE A CLASS IN 'CUSTOMER SATISFACTION 101'.... :lecturef_smilie:
DAN P
EASLEY, SC
SPYD3R

one2doo
02-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Moutain Motorsports in TN has one and gives you the linkages that fit.

Chupaca
02-15-2015, 10:29 AM
on your dealer.. The better ones will get you out with the best position for you. Testing is not a bad idea but a couple of laps would do. Some don't have what they need to make the adjustments but thats just poor planning on someones part. Imo if it is adjustable they should get it right before you go home...:thumbup:

GunDoctor
02-15-2015, 11:06 AM
My dealer did not have the UFit drone, but ordered me +1 linkage and shipped it to me. Not free, 22.00

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

LEEB
02-15-2015, 01:19 PM
The local dealer in Ephrata. PA has the F3 on their floor with the quick change setup for their buyers. They also laser align all their Spyders before they go out the door. These are signs of a good dealer!

cuznjohn
02-15-2015, 01:30 PM
i personally feel a dealer should give you what you want.

ARtraveler
02-15-2015, 04:42 PM
I am also going to be in the camp where a new F3 should go out the door adjusted to fit the new rider. That's what the U-fit system was invented for. Should I have to pay extra because I am to short or to tall from "normal?" I am also one who would vote with my checkbook. :thumbup:

GunDoctor
02-15-2015, 04:50 PM
I was glad to pay for the +1 brake linkage because I kept the stock one.

JayBros
02-15-2015, 04:59 PM
The local dealer in Ephrata. PA has the F3 on their floor with the quick change setup for their buyers. They also laser align all their Spyders before they go out the door. These are signs of a good dealer!

Good Amish customer service!

LEEB
02-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Good Amish customer service!

Yep!! Sure is a sight when a new F3-S goes down the street pulled by 115 Amish working horses!!

iMotorsports
02-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Dealers should have the U-FIT system that always for quick adjustments to show your best fit. It's a orange display that is mounted on factory handlebars.

Hope this helps!

OJ UK
02-16-2015, 06:37 AM
Dealers should have the U-FIT system that always for quick adjustments to show your best fit. It's a orange display that is mounted on factory handlebars.

Hope this helps!

How about a pic, Haider? Some of us will probably never get to see this U-Fit set-up rig.

iMotorsports
02-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Ask and you shall receive!

You can see the stock controls are sitting vertical to keep them out of the way and the orange display attachments has holes for you to move the supplied handlebars around to see what fits you best.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102334&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102335&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102336&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102337&stc=1